Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

W.T.F wrench

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
W.T.F wrench
on: December 16, 2013, 05:26:44 AM
I like the looks of this one

LARGE WTF (Wrench that fits) Tool

http://www.uniquetitanium.com/LARGE-WTF-Wrench-that-fits-Tool_p_607.html
Defend the Hive!!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: W.T.F wrench
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:26:51 PM
That does look pretty cool, although I wonder if titanium is the best material for a wrench?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47:35 PM
That does look pretty cool, although I wonder if titanium is the best material for a wrench?

Def

The maker has been a member here for quite a long time but is still considering if it would be of interest to him to pay the R&D membership. Bottle something. ;)

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 09:49:15 PM

Def

same question. Titanium is softer than alloy steel or even investment cast.
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 10:07:00 PM
I'd like to try one to see if it would hold up.

I'm leaning towards no

I don't think it would will.
Defend the Hive!!!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 12:09:16 AM

Def

Yes not at all good for a wrench.  Now there are other grades and alloys that are tougher, but few people use them as they are considered exotic, but even those are worse than the cheapest of steels.  The rockwell C of standard grade 5 is about 36.

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Cogito

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:10 AM
The design just seems a bit wasteful to me.  I feel it only needed 1 side of wrench gaps instead of 2 then for the same size tool they could have included way more wrench sizes or they could have had the same amount as they do now but half the size and weight penalty.

What I do like about it is the open ended design, Ive used similar tools and then had them accidentally stuck inside the furniture that I'm assembling because they get behind the nut.

Offline Agar

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:10 PM
I'm pretty sure one side is metric and the other is SAE, although I don't see that specified anywhere. I agree with titanium not being the best choice of material, someone that has one can tell us if it holds up to use.

I do like the magnet in it. Built in tool holder.

us Offline Cogito

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 04:35:30 PM
I'm pretty sure one side is metric and the other is SAE, although I don't see that specified anywhere. I agree with titanium not being the best choice of material, someone that has one can tell us if it holds up to use.

I'm saying that if you combined the metric and sae then you can save the space and it would be a faster tool to use, because you could simply slide it over the nut regardless of knowing if it was sae or metric and be able to turn it.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

I'm saying that if you combined the metric and sae then you can save the space and it would be a faster tool to use, because you could simply slide it over the nut regardless of knowing if it was sae or metric and be able to turn it.

Something like a PocketWrench 2. ;)

us Offline Cogito

Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:30 AM

Something like a PocketWrench 2. ;)

Lol the Pocketwrench looks nice :)  That guy is clever except that the tool is closed off unfortunately, I'm sure someone could cut it or something though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%