Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dr Gonzo's EDC Thread

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Re: Dr Gonzo's EDC Thread
Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 07:58:37 PM
I wonder who got it?  :) ;)
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 08:44:06 PM
Dr. Gonzo, I have always loved your EDC photos. They're well done, have brilliantly classy items, and have introduced me to items that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

Suffice it to say, I am a fan. :)
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 10:17:36 PM

Don't know. ;) We're still to see pictures of it in its new home. :whistle:

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
Cheers Man :salute:
I only have an old Sony digital camera it's about 2 mega pixel but it takes great photos :tu:
The Maratac copper CR123 is becoming a firm favourite for EDC it really is a lovely item...I recommend getting one :tu: especially as they are a limited run, I got mine from Miles at endtimesreport as it's the best way to get CountyComm items to the UK but I've found out via another forum that CountyComm will no longer supply Miles ???
I have my eye on a Maratac copper AA as I really need an AA torch for EDC, I like CR123 torches but the batteries a so expensive. 
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 10:18:49 PM

Don't know. ;) We're still to see pictures of it in its new home. :whistle:

:D :pok:
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 05:06:10 PM
Today's tools...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 06:45:40 PM
Nice shot mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
Nice shot mate. :tu:

Cheers Man...we had a little sun today so I thought I'd make the most of it ;)

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 04:16:14 PM
Today's tools :tu:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 06:59:52 PM
It looks like you have a nice patina forming on that Maratac.  :tu:
- Terry

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:59 PM
It's a lovely light, 3 simple modes and made from a heavy chunk of copper :tu:
I'd love to get an AA version but money is tight at the mo :-[

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 11:03:08 AM
The full EDC selection...I've sold a lot of my tools on due to money woes :cry:
The Leatherman SuperTool is semi retired and the GloToob is really just for emergencies...there a a few other tools that are scattered about the house :D

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 12:39:19 PM
I'd say that's a pretty decent gear selection of fine quality tools and flashlights. :salute:

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 04:34:40 PM
Cheers Man :tu:
I have my eye on a few other things...need to get an AA or AAA light, I like CR123 for it's compactness but they are a little expensive ::) and I would love a Mini Leatherman :drool:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 07:40:06 PM
Minis are great. Love mine so much I've bought a second one this week, found it cheep and as it's one of those tools the warranty probably won't cover anymore I'd like to have a backup it something should happen to the one I usually carry.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:01 PM
I asked about getting a broke driver on my SuperTool fixed and they were willing to give me a 200 or 300 but they had no originals...I kept it ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:50:59 PM by Dr Gonzo »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 07:54:29 PM
I asked about getting a broke driver on my SuperTool fixed and they were willing to give me a 200 or 300 but they had no originals...I kept it ;)

I was talking about the LM Mini you mentioned you'd like to have. ;) As for the 47s Mini's, I've been carrying the CR2 Mini for about a month and a half now. Love it. It bumped the stainless iTP A3 which I've been carrying for more than three years out of my carry. :tu:

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 08:10:33 PM

I was talking about the LM Mini you mentioned you'd like to have. ;) As for the 47s Mini's, I've been carrying the CR2 Mini for about a month and a half now. Love it. It bumped the stainless iTP A3 which I've been carrying for more than three years out of my carry. :tu:

The force is strong with you ;) I had been looking at your EDC thread and noticed the Mini :D
How's the batteries for that? they're difficult to come by at a decent price just like the CR123's
Nice Ti one here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Sevens-Quark-Mini-123-Satin-Titanium-ML-FA-Cree-XP-G2-LED-EDC-Flashlight-Torch-/190998377525?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2c7863f435

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 08:22:59 PM

The force is strong with you ;) I had been looking at your EDC thread and noticed the Mini :D
How's the batteries for that? they're difficult to come by at a decent price just like the CR123's
Nice Ti one here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...smamp#hash=item2c7863f435

;)

I can get them locally for about 3 quid a battery or from France for 1,50 ifI buy a 10 pack. I've been thinking about getting some AW Li-ion rechargeables for it but they are really low capacity ones (300mAh) so I'm still not so sure it would be a good idea. My Cr123s are all powered by AW RCR123s, I prefer the rechergables.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:10 PM
Buy in bulk saves all the time eh...if I buy CR123 in bulk I can get them for about £1 each :tu:
I thought about getting rechargeable ones but it's not advised with the 4Seven and the Maratac ::)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 08:55:11 PM
Buy in bulk saves all the time eh...if I buy CR123 in bulk I can get them for about £1 each :tu:
I thought about getting rechargeable ones but it's not advised with the 4Seven and the Maratac ::)

My only cr123 flashlights are a 47s Tactical and a BLF Mini special and they are both rated for RCRs.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=47820.msg787953#msg787953

I was looking into the 47s Mini, olight i1 and the maratac but didn't buy them cause of the no RCR thing. :-\
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:00:36 PM by enki_ck »

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:05 PM
Nice pic and set up.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 04:08:56 PM
It's one of my favourite set ups...tiny powerhouse light, electrician for the utility blade and Micra for the scissors :) 

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:11 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

Is that the standard cool white? Also...what's the clip attached to?

:)
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 06:38:45 PM
I'm not sure if it's the standard cool white :think: it's from the very first run they did number #49.
The clip is a TEC P7 http://www.tecaccessories.com/P-7-Suspension-Clip

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:38 PM
Today's tools :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:42 PM
Looks good. Nice pic too.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 09:14:53 PM
Looks good. Nice pic too.

that's us mobile

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%