Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Böker locking mechanism/new German knife law?

de Offline matzesu

Re: New Böker locking mechanism/new German knife law?
Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 11:58:11 AM
I try my best, but whit the Loging Mechanism, it istnt easy to shoot, because i dosnt know how the weel works..
The Griplog is easy because this 2 Elements who are also screwd to the blade, so they makes pressure on the blade whyle you hold the knife, ..
There are also springs inside, which asist it by opening and close..
Lots of cool mechaniks, which hopefully last some yeahrs..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

de Offline matzesu

Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:01 PM
Whyle i put some paper packages today in the Paper Bin , i just figuret out the Griplog isnt that divicult to fold out and log whit the same hand, which let me a bit worryd about the german law, but other side: its still a manual log you have to aktivit seperatly, so i expekt it as a nice feature in some situations (as you stand on the garbage bin and wants to cut paperpackages..)..

Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

de Offline matzesu

Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 02:57:56 PM
Just a Question: how to clean the Griplog??
Are there some Parts, who dosnt should put in water??
Is this Aus -8 Steel Rust Proof??
There is a Steel Spring in there, and some washers etc..

de Offline matzesu

Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 07:10:34 PM
Used the Griplock today to cut some cake,
Its still a realy cool knife and i use it more often than my swisschamp ..
But i notized that the screews on the clip are a bit opened and not that thigth anymore..
I wantet to fix it whit my Swisschamp XLT Torx Bit but it was to big..
But whit the RC Modell Car Screewdriver dit it work..

I went tomorow to french, is there any issues whit this knife??

de Offline matzesu

Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 07:39:18 PM
Today i entered an car, whit the criplock at my belt, and the clip fell off..
Seems like its just a poket clip, no belt clip..
I found all screews, and used the screewholes on the other side, i hope its now fixed..
But its a bit disaponting for a 90 € Knife..

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 08:27:50 PM
Today i entered an car, whit the criplock at my belt, and the clip fell off..
Seems like its just a poket clip, no belt clip..
I found all screews, and used the screewholes on the other side, i hope its now fixed..
But its a bit disaponting for a 90 € Knife..

You should definitely loc-tite the screws in.
I'm the milk man!

de Offline matzesu

Reply #36 on: December 26, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
Well they ditnt screewd off, they damaged the screewhole on one side..
Mybe the aluminium skales are a bit soft..
But i now use the other side and try to carry it  in poket like it was planed by the manufakterer..
It was a bad idea to carry the knife on the belt because this way it gets to many hits when im sit down etc, and the belt is too tick for the clip so its permament in pressure,
At my workpants, i carry it in poket whit the clip to secure it, but now at crissmass, i have it at belt because there is too many edc for my jeans....

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: December 26, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
Well they ditnt screewd off, they damaged the screewhole on one side..
Mybe the aluminium skales are a bit soft..
But i now use the other side and try to carry it  in poket like it was planed by the manufakterer..
It was a bad idea to carry the knife on the belt because this way it gets to many hits when im sit down etc, and the belt is too tick for the clip so its permament in pressure,
At my workpants, i carry it in poket whit the clip to secure it, but now at crissmass, i have it at belt because there is too many edc for my jeans....

Oh the threads on the screw hole got damaged. That's not good, but at least you can carry it on the other side.

I find it interesting that people carry knives on their belt with the pocket clip. I honestly never really considered doing it because I always associated the clip being a pocket clip not a belt clip. I guess if it works for people then that is great. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for doing this I just never really considered it as a option.
I'm the milk man!

de Offline matzesu

Reply #38 on: December 26, 2015, 11:11:34 PM
Well, i think after this acident, i think i want use this as on Belt anymore, because its too dangourus for the knife..
Better to carry my swisschamp xlt in a Belt Pouch and the Criplock in Poket..
Wonder if the skales are changable so i just needs to order new scales from Böker and change they ..
Or i just have to search for locktight to secure the screws because these holes there now are, theyre also not that great ..

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:20 PM
Well, i think after this acident, i think i want use this as on Belt anymore, because its too dangourus for the knife..
Better to carry my swisschamp xlt in a Belt Pouch and the Criplock in Poket..
Wonder if the skales are changable so i just needs to order new scales from Böker and change they ..
Or i just have to search for locktight to secure the screws because these holes there now are, theyre also not that great ..

I honestly do not know the knife you are referring to, but new scales would probably do it if the holes are drilled into the scale which I assume they are. It might not be worth it depending on price and if you want to do the swap yourself or send it in. Loc-tite probably wont work on the stripped holes, but I would certainly put some on the current side the clip is attached to. These pocket clip screw holes can be stripped very easily and require very little pressure when tightening the screws. I have stripped so many over the years I lost count. I am very careful now. Best of luck.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

de Offline matzesu

Reply #40 on: December 27, 2015, 12:04:37 AM
The damaged holes are on the oposid site now, i put the clip on the side it was since stock
I tink i try now if this works..
The scales are only screewd whit 3 tiny screews to the knife body, its some aluminium which isnt the toughtes material..

This knife is my knive knive in my edc whyle the swisschamp is my toolknive..
Its easear to clean unlike the gigantic SAK and because its locks its great to cut things..

de Offline matzesu

Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 10:58:40 AM
Now the Screew dosnt went tight on boths sides
The Blade Mechanics where quite cool, but as the Clip dosnt work anymore, this knife whent to my shelf and i went back to the Leatherman Skeletool EX as my second knife..
The Clip on this one is much Tougher..

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 01:45:39 PM
The Boker+ Griplock is now at Heinnies, and it does look intriguing as a borderline locking yet not locking knife.....

.... although at £70 it can stay there too. That's double what I would normally be looking at for a new pocket knife

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 02:24:24 PM
The Boker+ Griplock is now at Heinnies, and it does look intriguing as a borderline locking yet not locking knife.....

.... although at £70 it can stay there too. That's double what I would normally be looking at for a new pocket knife

It's a moot point, at 83mm the blade length is illegal to carry without a reason. Although that noramlly never stops me.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

de Offline matzesu

Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 04:40:43 PM
I just wants to let you know I fixed my griploc today:
I just changed the scales from one side to the other, and now my Clip seems to stay on..
The only downside now, is that the screewheads now stands a bit out, but that isn't that big deal..

At least the knife is now fixed
But as I'm now using a N.7 Opinel as my second knife, the boker sits on my shelf of interesting knifes..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%