Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Identifying old multitool set from Hungary! + other sets of tools

Osos · 79 · 13133

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Identifying old multitool set from Hungary! + other sets of tools
Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 03:37:46 AM
Very impressive set Osos! :tu: I love the entire kit, but I especially like that the tool diagrams on each "cover" of the case are still legible and in great condition. 8)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline dipti

Re: Identifying old multitool set from Hungary! + other sets of tools
Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:09 AM
These are looking very old tool sets.Although its hard to use them now but wonderful as collectible.
My never ending love for tomahawks

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I found this write-up in a 1905 issue of Hardware Dealers' Magazine, on Google Books. Adolph Kastor & Bros. in New York dealt primarily in cutlery imported to the U.S. from Germany, so I imagine that's where the set in the picture comes from. Hard to believe some of these knife kits are well over 100 years old. :salute:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reckon that was a good find Bob. Thanks for posting it!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Love the old ads.  History in just a couple of columns.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

pl Offline Osos

Old survival card

And old, not best condition set...

Opinions are like ass holes, everyone's got one.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Although nowhere near as nice as the ones previously posted, I picked this one up on the 'bay a few days ago and I eagerly await it's arrival.  Although I usually only buy pliery tools, I've wanted one of these sets since I saw this thread and several similar threads on MTO.  Japanese manufactured and a nice little set for the collection. 
Multiknife.jpg
* Multiknife.jpg (Filesize: 38.94 KB)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:38:06 PM by Yadda »
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
That's a nice one to get started with Lyndon! :pok: (key word here being "started") :D Case and all, that isn't bad. :)

Here's my latest, a gardener's kit. The tangs are stamped BONANZA PEDE GERMANY. :)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
That's a nice one to get started with Lyndon! :pok: (key word here being "started") :D Case and all, that isn't bad. :)

Here's my latest, a gardener's kit. The tangs are stamped BONANZA PEDE GERMANY. :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)

That's an interesting one, I've never seen one with pruners before, and a nice long saw too as a bonus  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline gregozedobe

Here's an unusual (and quite rare) variation for anyone that is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321764015396

It is a Fisherman's kit with a gaff hook and a different handle shape to the more usual ovoid.  I have no connection with the seller, cannot vouch for them etc.

I have put a lowball bid on it just in case ($31.78), but if anyone wants it please feel free to out-bid me, I'll be happy if it goes to a good MTo home where it will be really appreciated (I'm more focussed on plier-based MTs).  Please post here if you win it, and tell us what you think of it.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Here's an unusual (and quite rare) variation for anyone that is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321764015396

It is a Fisherman's kit with a gaff hook and a different handle shape to the more usual ovoid.  I have no connection with the seller, cannot vouch for them etc.

I have put a lowball bid on it just in case ($31.78), but if anyone wants it please feel free to out-bid me, I'll be happy if it goes to a good MTo home where it will be really appreciated (I'm more focussed on plier-based MTs).  Please post here if you win it, and tell us what you think of it.

I saw that set.  Even lowball you want it more than I do.  :D
I like the pliery stuff better too, but there's something about these sets that is extremely enticing  and very collectable.  :salute:

au Offline gregozedobe

I saw that set.  Even lowball you want it more than I do.  :D

But the rookie who put in the original bid wants it more than both of us (but it took them 3 more tries to get there  :facepalm:  )

And of course there is always the possibility of a sniper coming in at the last moment and out-bidding them (and they won't have time to up their bid a fourth time).

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Hubeo Hugo Berns set, I picked up recently on the 'bay.   I don't believe anything except the pliers have been used. It even includes the instruction sheet.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 231.14 KB)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:30:30 AM by Yadda »

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
This is a Made in Japan set was my first set. 
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 249.67 KB)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club

Bob,

Is this your second Bonsa Gardener's Kit?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Bob,

Is this your second Bonsa Gardener's Kit?

It is indeed, good eye! :tu:  But I was able to justify having both sets because each one uses a different means of attaching the blades to the handles. 8)

(I'll post a side-by-side photo so you know what I mean)

us Offline David

Some nice sets guys!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD