Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crovel Extreme II

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Crovel Extreme II
on: January 24, 2014, 08:38:18 PM
Just saying: Good for bashing zombies, opening doors, hammering nails, bottle opening, woodcutting and if all fails.. burrying yourself  :D

http://io9.com/you-can-finally-buy-world-war-zs-ultimate-zombie-killi-1507575294
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Crovel Extreme II
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:02:33 AM
I love the original one, only thing I didn't like was the price on any of them, a little pricey but great tool! I ended up making my own. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:57:09 PM
I'm usually for combo tools, but there are a ton of things about this tool that I don't like.

The shovel head is weakened for the addition of bottle opener. Really? But that's pretty minor.

The pry instrument is at the end of a long lever with STABBY BITS at the end. No one else looks at that and thinks that's an accident waiting to happen?

I've seen a demonstration where the maker of this thing folds the shovel head perpendicular to the shaft and uses it as a seat. With a cutting edge and saw apparently flaying your thighs. And while we're at it, a folding shovel head AT ALL.

I think I'd prefer something a good deal less complicated (or absurd), like the spetznaz shovel or Stanley fubar.

I put this thing right up there with the Rambo Knives of my childhood.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 05:24:40 PM
That's why I kinda preferred the original, simple and solid! The only thing that it had was the folding head, which I liked, but for some reason when I built mine the idea I had the wielding didn't want to work, so I just wielded the whole thing into one solid piece. So the only down side was that it's heavy, but it's SOLID! Here's a pic of a pic, so sorry it sucks, but you get the idea! JR

Here this will give you a little better view, this was it before it was finished, yes it's 1/8" diamond plate as the head, which I gave a very sharp edge around and a saw on the one side.
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%