Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

be Offline Wilfried

Things That Irritate Me!
on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
I'm certain that many of you become irritated from time to time or possibly even on a daily basis.

There is an almost infinite variety of things that can annoy us and the purpose of this thread is simply to tell about those things that you feel very unhappy with.

This could be a good occasion to vent your emotions, but please keep it clean!    :)

You can post here whenever you want of course, but even on a daily basis.

Some sense of humor is most welcome...

I've been going through many ordeals in my lifetime in relation to people who feel themselves to be entitled to making a racket -even on a daily basis- by turning up the volume of their stereo or their television set.       :rant:

Notwithstanding an occasional party or other such event, in which case it would be common sense to visit your neighbours first and talk about a possible solution to what you're planning to do, such things should simply be completely outlawed.

In my opinion making noise deprives your fellow human beings from engaging in such activities as reading, studying, writing, playing a game of chess or simply taking a nap.       :bnghd:

Silence!    :)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:16:44 PM
When I'm at the grocery store, I'm there to get my stuff, check out and go home.  When people dawdle in the aisles, blocking up the flow of shoppers, park so that carts are side by side and no one can get by, or walk slowly while talking on the phone or texting, and hold up everyone behind them, I go nearly berserk.  :viking:

IF YOU WANT TO DAWDLE OR TALK ON THE PHONE, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY AND DAWDLE WHERE IT DOESN'T IMPEDE OTHERS!!! 

I've taken to pushing the cart at high rates of speed so that the wanderers tend to not totter out in front of me for fear of getting hit.  Seriously, it's as if some of these people stay in the store all day, like it's some sort of social event.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:27:10 PM
I know the feeling, Mr. Whippy, I know the feeling...

It's outrageous what one is confronted with at stores these days!    :o

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:40 PM
This is an awesome thread idea Wilfried :tu:  I will echo Mr. Whippy's post.  It drives me nuts when people are just standing around talking to each other like they've got nowhere else to be, just taking up space in the aisles.  It irritates me even more when they're standing in front of a section from which I need an item :rant: 

It also bugs me when someone being checked out is holding up the line over some minor thing that most would just not bother dealing with out of consideration for others in line. 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:33 PM
Staying with stores, I HATE it when people go to the 1-10 item lane with a cart or basket FULL of items.  CAN'T YOU READ, ahhhh!  I think the tills in those lines should stop being able to scan items after they hit the 10 limit.  Even if I have 11 items, I feel bad and won't go through the express line.

Another major irritant is when you are going out to a movie, and the person behind you keeps tapping their foot against the back of your seat.

Hmmm, I think I could probably hit the character post limit with this thread.  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:31:49 PM
Good ones Derek :tu:  Now that you mention going to the movies...I hate it when a large/tall person sits in front of me...because I'm short >:(  So I guess it's not really their fault, but they could be mindful of their surroundings just in case :P 

I also hate when I'm driving along and someone feels the urgent need to pull out in front of me, only to casually drive at along as if they really have nowhere to urgently go :rant: 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:10 PM
Good ones Derek :tu:  Now that you mention going to the movies...I hate it when a large/tall person sits in front of me...because I'm short >:(  So I guess it's not really their fault, but they could be mindful of their surroundings just in case :P 

I also hate when I'm driving along and someone feels the urgent need to pull out in front of me, only to casually drive at along as if they really have nowhere to urgently go :rant:
So with me being 6'4", you're saying you wouldn't want me in front of you?  :twak: :rofl:

Oh yes, I usually get behind one of those every morning.  Floor it so they can get out in front of me (usually NO ONE behind me), and then drive 10 below the limit.  :rant: :rant: :rant:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 05:44:13 PM
right this moment it's day 3 of waiting for the 24h courier to show up...  :twak:

I also hate when you're walking through a busy shopping center and the people in front just stop dead in the middle of the aisle...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:11:00 PM
Ditto to all above and:

I HATE IT WHEN A CO WORKER COMES TO ME AND THINK I'M HIS PERSONAL MAIDEN!!!!! :bnghd: :poh: :megaslap: :rant:

-----------------------------

I didn't start the fire...

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:16 PM
.. people who ask a question in a forum, you reply and they never bother to come and see the answer or, if they do, they do not let you know that they have (a smiley should suffice).

I have stopped answering too many questions because of that.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:51 PM
I'm almost 6' 5"" but I don't annoy people anymore at the cinema since I gave up on going to the movies already a long time ago for several other reasons...    ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:13:07 PM
...also women that want to tell me all about their feminine/pregnancy issues...

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:14 PM
.. people who ask a question in a forum, you reply and they never bother to come and see the answer or, if they do, they do not let you know that they have (a smiley should suffice).

Who could possibly blame you...

People should at least leave a word of thanks, but nowadays so many take everything for granted.

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 06:17:20 PM

I can tell you a lot of the first.... ;) :P

But that really sucks.... :cry:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:22 PM
Ok, ok, stupidity drives me nuts! Now I took 6yrs of school for plumbing, and work like 15yrs in field before working for lowes. I used to get these people come in and ask me question, some were great, did everything I said and came back the next day to thank me,, but the ones that used to drive me nut would come ask me how to do something so I would explain everything,  then they would tell me, NO, you can't do it that way, you don't know what your taking about! I've been doing this for ten years, and I know what to do!  Then why ask me, and waist my time? But psss if you've done it for only ten years, I've been doing it longer! But the worst was when someone argued with me a good 30min over hooking up the gas line for the kitchen stove, and I flat out told him you can not do it that way, explained everything out, and he said nope I'm going to do it this way! I said I can NOT except or provide you with anything, I wash my hands, so I ran to the manager, and said everything,, two days later someone in the brake room asked me what the idiot was doing, I said a gas stove, and he threw me the paper, sure enough, there was a article, kitchen fire due to gas hook up on stove, I was like OMG and took the paper to the manager, he couldn't believe it, all because they think there better then you, know it all, and won't except the fact that they haven't the slightest clue of what there doing! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

People should at least leave a word of thanks, but nowadays so many take everything for granted.

:D

Welcome, I did not even notice we had a new female member around  :salute:

There are only two women posting here regularly nowadays (not my fault; possibly Kirks) which is surprising as this is a very friendly forum with people from all over the world.

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:25:19 PM

:D

Welcome, I did not even notice we had a new female member around  :salute:

There are only two women posting here regularly nowadays (not my fault; possibly Kirks) which is surprising as this is a very friendly forum with people from all over the world.

Thank you! :)
I kinda got nudged in by my fiancé! :whistle:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 07:04:00 PM
Wow there are just too many things that annoy me daily... what to pick...

You know what I find annoying.  I watch alot of the discovery channel shows. I HATE that they preview what will happen after the commercial, and then recap what just happened before the commercial.  Minor I know, but its irritating especially if you skip the commercials.  Its like they assume people are too dumb to retain 15 minutes of something that happened in short term memory?

People that use catch phrases without thinking about what they mean.  Like.. "there are no dumb questions".  OMG have you heard the dumb questions dumb people ask?
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 07:20:05 PM

You know what I find annoying.  I watch alot of the discovery channel shows. I HATE that they preview what will happen after the commercial, and then recap what just happened before the commercial.  Minor I know, but its irritating especially if you skip the commercials.  Its like they assume people are too dumb to retain 15 minutes of something that happened in short term memory?

People that use catch phrases without thinking about what they mean.  Like.. "there are no dumb questions".  OMG have you heard the dumb questions dumb people ask?

That must be the shows they dub for Germany and where every five minuets the same thing is said -.-

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:10 PM

OMG I hate that! If you skip all commercials, a hour show becomes 45min, and a half hour show becomes 20min having  dvr is great! If you watch tv as much as we do you find ways around things! So as soon as it starts going into it's upcoming before the commercial, hit fast forward, then when it comes back see what just happened quickly then hit play! But with as much time as that saves, it's the pausing for all the times the kids keep coming back in to ask questions that fills in the time saved! But at least I didn't have to watch the infomercials! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 07:28:55 PM
Me to customer - Hi, what can I do for you today?
Customer - I need paint.

:facepalm:  No smurf!  Really?  I thought you came into the paint store to order a large pie and a 2 liter Coke......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 07:31:52 PM
Me to customer - Hi, what can I do for you today?
Customer - I need paint.

:facepalm:  No smurf!  Really?  I thought you came into the paint store to order a large pie and a 2 liter Coke......
And here's your sign! :D

us Offline Agonistes

Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:10 PM
i've been really fussy lately at 'work,' so here are some things that i can't fuss about in the open in community theater.  it's not unlike a tattoo shop, except there is more creative swearing in a tattoo shop.

volunteers:  it isn't that i don't appreciate that they are putting in free work, i do and they are saviors and gentlemen and scholars.  it's just when they try to become your boss, or forget the work that volunteers put in is a fraction of what the paid folks do.  sometimes in the course of natural complaining, people forget that they get to have a life outside of work.  first rule of volunteering--if you are not having fun, don't do it.

board members:  just need to admit they don't know how to run anything, they are basically producers, and should just keep getting us money.  hustle, just hustle.  don't ever stop seeking checks to think; leave innovation to your employees.

actors:  shutttttt up.  learn your lines.  stay out of my tools, you don't even know what they are (guy tried to hammer in a drywall screw the other day.  with a blacksmith hammer).

tech:  you know it has to get done.  figure it out.  or, let me figure it out, and then do it like i tell you rather than starting a discussion about it.  yes, i saw the movie, and i hated it.  don't use up the gaffe tape, it is expensive.  bring your own tools, for the love of all that is holy.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:13 PM
Jersey what kind of pies you guys stocking these days :D? One thing that drives me absolutely insane is that people think that just because I am young that I am incompetent in every aspect of life. Working for the fire department it was like they thought I couldn't handle more than sweeping the floor. One day in the middle of a big fire one of the engines comes back with about a dozen O2 bottles they needed to fill, before they even get one bottle filled they snap the big steel lever that basically controls the entire machine. It was impossible to make it work without that lever so they ran to find the mechanic, who was out servicing a truck, and asked me where he was. I said let me take a look and of course I get a no, I walk out anyways grab the rod, use my X-Tract to get the broken end out of the threaded hole, then run back into the shop. Quick spin on the bench grinder and I got the busted end to take the handle knob and just threaded the other end into the machine. No more then 5 minutes and I had them back up and running, also got a lot more respect after that. They were gonna wait around an hour for the mechanic to come back before letting me look at it. :think:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 08:03:19 PM
Jersey what kind of pies you guys stocking these days :D? One thing that drives me absolutely insane is that people think that just because I am young that I am incompetent in every aspect of life. Working for the fire department it was like they thought I couldn't handle more than sweeping the floor. One day in the middle of a big fire one of the engines comes back with about a dozen O2 bottles they needed to fill, before they even get one bottle filled they snap the big steel lever that basically controls the entire machine. It was impossible to make it work without that lever so they ran to find the mechanic, who was out servicing a truck, and asked me where he was. I said let me take a look and of course I get a no, I walk out anyways grab the rod, use my X-Tract to get the broken end out of the threaded hole, then run back into the shop. Quick spin on the bench grinder and I got the busted end to take the handle knob and just threaded the other end into the machine. No more then 5 minutes and I had them back up and running, also got a lot more respect after that. They were gonna wait around an hour for the mechanic to come back before letting me look at it. :think:

I just hate it when people don't use paragraphs...    :rant:    :D

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:50 PM
Sorry Wilfried, but any separation would have just spaced the first and last sentences from the body of the story, not sure that would have been an improvement. :(
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:12 PM
Sorry Wilfried, but any separation would have just spaced the first and last sentences from the body of the story, not sure that would have been an improvement. :(

Nothing to be sorry about, friend!

Allthough I generally hate it when paragraphs are not used, this time I made the comment just out of fun!

:cheers:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

You haven't been paying attention. :P We have at least a dozen female members posting regularly. It's not a boys only club anymore. :D

gb Offline Philby

Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:48 PM
People who stand in doorways having full blown conversations! :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62