Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

Wilfried · 222 · 10256

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #180 on: May 23, 2014, 08:16:02 AM
Lynn, I understand that the driving mentallity is drastically different from country to country.
It's just irritating that he tells the opposite of what you should do in Germany.   :angel:

I also hate bloody Honda's with giant fart cans on them.

This?  :rofl:

That reminded me of:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #181 on: May 23, 2014, 12:09:35 PM
Just had to endure this one... Calling a government office line to ask for documentation, the line automatically goes to a "voice recognition" based system, and after repeating slowly several times my data it rejected it and put me on to a human, I spent 1/10th the time speaking with the human to actually complete what I intended to do in the first place.  :facepalm:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #182 on: May 23, 2014, 01:42:26 PM
Just had to endure this one... Calling a government office line to ask for documentation, the line automatically goes to a "voice recognition" based system, and after repeating slowly several times my data it rejected it and put me on to a human, I spent 1/10th the time speaking with the human to actually complete what I intended to do in the first place.  :facepalm:
My wife HATES those things, weather it be gov or some other stupid place like cable,, I think there funny, cause I get to the watch the wife loose her temper! But like 9/10 times she'll end up like you talking to somone human, but then it's not funny anymore :( lol, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #183 on: May 23, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
I don't mind a few automated "press # for ___ option" to better direct my call, but after that a human will always be a better service than a robot that wastes my time and then passes me to a human anyways that completes the task in a much shorter time frame.

I generally don't like calling anywhere for anything. I guess I'm becoming antisocial in my old age...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #184 on: May 23, 2014, 02:02:57 PM
I don't mind a few automated "press # for ___ option" to better direct my call, but after that a human will always be a better service than a robot that wastes my time and then passes me to a human anyways that completes the task in a much shorter time frame.

I generally don't like calling anywhere for anything. I guess I'm becoming antisocial in my old age...
Yeah like 1-4 for language, then 1-6 for subject, or */# just to speak to someone to help you.. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #185 on: July 10, 2014, 07:27:00 PM
There's something that happens around this time every year, and it really irritates the hell out of me!!  :rant:  I won't say what it is, but I want to throw some  :twak: around!!  :rant:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #186 on: July 10, 2014, 07:48:46 PM
There's something that happens around this time every year, and it really irritates the hell out of me!!  :rant:  I won't say what it is, but I want to throw some  :twak: around!!  :rant:

Tourists?  You can't tease us like this man :) 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #187 on: July 10, 2014, 07:50:52 PM

I guess you could call them that. They only come for the goodies, then are not seen again.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #188 on: July 10, 2014, 07:53:17 PM

I guess you could call them that. They only come for the goodies, then are not seen again.

Or is it family visiting?  Sorry, I don't really need to know if you don't want to go into detail buddy ;)
K-Tibbs

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #189 on: July 10, 2014, 07:57:09 PM

Or is it family visiting?  Sorry, I don't really need to know if you don't want to go into detail buddy ;)

IRS?...

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #190 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:23 PM

IRS?...

:rofl: It actually has nothing to do with me, but a place I visit (online) all the time.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #191 on: July 10, 2014, 08:08:31 PM

IRS?...

:rofl: It actually has nothing to do with me, but a place I visit (online) all the time.

MTO??  Is the anniversary season too much for you to handle :pok:  Or have you been caught on some "shady" site by the wife :rofl:
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #192 on: July 10, 2014, 08:30:33 PM

IRS?...

MTO??  Is the anniversary season too much for you to handle :pok:  Or have you been caught on some "shady" site by the wife :rofl:
Ok, here it is.  I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, the people that make an account just so they can enter all the giveaways.  This is a family for so many of us, and they think they can just swoop in and try and "steal" all the goods, even though they know nothing about this place, or the folks that frequent here.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #193 on: July 10, 2014, 08:51:45 PM

IRS?...

Ok, here it is.  I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, the people that make an account just so they can enter all the giveaways.  This is a family for so many of us, and they think they can just swoop in and try and "steal" all the goods, even though they know nothing about this place, or the folks that frequent here.

I knew we'd get it out of you ;)  Don't worry, that's a valid feeling as far as I'm concerned, and not the first time I've seen it brought up.  It is irritating to see people do that.  I'm not sure if any have ever won, but I share in that feeling, especially since up until the Wagner pen giveaway last week, I'd never won a giveaway.  And I've entered just about all of 'em :whistle:  So that is a frustrating thing, and I feel your pain buddy :)
K-Tibbs

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #194 on: July 10, 2014, 09:22:05 PM
Try to see it this way:
Most Give-Aways require a certain amount of posts(time spent) or donations (money spent), so the 'newbies' either earn their way into the giveaway or do not qualify.

But it is an incentive to join MTo, so maybe some stalkers come out of the bushes and become part of our worldwide family?

Truth be told, I see nothing bad with joining up to win a giveaway. Join for the shiny stuff, stay for the comfy feeling! :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 09:39:25 PM
Try to see it this way:
Most Give-Aways require a certain amount of posts(time spent) or donations (money spent), so the 'newbies' either earn their way into the giveaway or do not qualify.

But it is an incentive to join MTo, so maybe some stalkers come out of the bushes and become part of our worldwide family?

Truth be told, I see nothing bad with joining up to win a giveaway. Join for the shiny stuff, stay for the comfy feeling! :D

That's a good point too, as long as they actually hang around after the giveaways are over.  I'm sure there are some that don't, but I could be wrong :think:
K-Tibbs

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #196 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:00 PM
I won my first giveaway with post Nr. 3 :angel:, but I didn't sign up for that I actually did signed up for my first post and only later saw the giveaways double :angel:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #197 on: July 10, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
I won my first giveaway with post Nr. 3 :angel:, but I didn't sign up for that I actually did signed up for my first post and only later saw the giveaways double :angel:

Oh you're on my list now pal :viking:  Just kidding, glad to have you here ;)
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #198 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:05 PM
You are one of the odd ones (I mean that in a good way  ;) ) then.  :pok: :D  I probably did look at that and go  :rant:  but I'm definitely happy you stuck around.  :tu:

I really don't like the idea of needing to have a min post count to have to enter GAW's, but I really do think we need one.  There have been "sign up to win" people that have won GAW's, and not claimed their prize (thankfully).  Even if it is just a low required count, like 10-25 posts, I'd think that's fair.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #199 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:24 PM
You know what irritates me? If you go into a tourist shop in Switzerland you will get a Vic Classic but they are somewhere in the back. In the front you have really poor copies for the same prize :viking:
I can only presume its because there is more profit ???

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #200 on: July 10, 2014, 10:23:40 PM

Well you had a few more posts by the time the giveaway was over. ;)

Yes, I remember it. Both you and pfrsantos were kind of low on posts during our last years anniversary, and look at you now. :hatsoff:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #201 on: July 10, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

Yes, I remember it. Both you and pfrsantos were kind of low on posts during our last years anniversary, and look at you now. :hatsoff:
Well, someone has to keep the GAW lists straight :P

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #202 on: July 10, 2014, 10:42:35 PM

True that. I think I lost a fair bit of hair last year trying to keep those list correct. :D Thanks for all the help. :cheers:

And a good idea on the world cup GAW thread format. :hatsoff:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #203 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:20 PM

True that. I think I lost a fair bit of hair last year trying to keep those list correct. :D Thanks for all the help. :cheers:

Wait until someone tips on a two digit score :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #204 on: July 11, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

Or we go over 99 entries!!!!

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #205 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:05 PM

:salute: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #206 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:59 PM

Or we go over 99 entries!!!!

Better? :D

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53281.msg914323.html#msg914323

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #207 on: July 11, 2014, 10:31:44 PM
Better :salute:

Ohh and pfrsantos!

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #208 on: July 12, 2014, 12:49:11 PM
I hope a little political is ok - I try not to overdo it:

I am just  :facepalm: over the reaction of the US governement towards the german demand to apoint a different CIA representative.
That's like complaining after been caught not with the hand in the cookie jar, but the whole arm!  :rant:
And the complain is about the cookies' change from chocolate to blueberry, to go with this analogy...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #209 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:28 PM
Here's a pic of the next CIA representative ...

Show content

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD