Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats in your pouch???

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Whats in your pouch???
on: February 07, 2014, 01:39:17 AM
Or fanny pack or other small carrying apparel. And what the purpose. EDC, backup, survival, etc...

Mine was built around urban EDC. No firesteel, or blankets, or water purification here. This is for the urban jungle.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: Whats in your pouch???
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:02:15 AM
What is the small black multi tool?
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:10 PM
I've been meaning to necro bump the Maxpedition EDC Organiser Owners Club thread for a while with pics of mine.

What SAK is it, Camper or Spartan, can't make it out.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:51 PM
The multi-pliers are some China cheapos I got way back. They were my first. They say "SWAT" on them. Will upgrade to something nicer in the future. Either Gerber Dime or LM Squirt.

The SAK is a Camper I added plus scales too.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:35:44 PM by Fattsgalore »

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:56:32 PM

In my pockets I have my modded Rebar+, my C33t and my Zebralight H52f. They deal with the non expecting to need a tool scenarios. This is the next step up that I keep in my desk drawer and is grabbed when someone says "Tom could you just have a look at the...".

Edit:
The pouch is a cheapy one that came with my multimeter. I could do with a better one TBH but this will suffice until it falls apart.
There's the little Bahco bit ratchet with additional long Phillips and Pozi bits; a small flat driver and my new 1for6 driver; a universal grips anything from 9-22mm including rounded off nuts wrench; small Irwin water pump pliers; a Rolson adjustable which is remarkably good for a company that usually make crap tools, it opens all the way to 24mm and you can reverse the jaw to work on pipe; a small set of Laser locking pliers.

I really should learn to finish my posts before submitting them  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:02:14 PM by Cupboard »

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 09:50:04 PM
Definitely calling your pouch set up "The Handyman", lots of serious tools.
Mines lite duty for sure. Hence Urban EDC.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:52:30 PM
says he with the 1/2" drive adapter ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 07:41:10 PM
Gee, I haven't seen or used one of those adjustable wrenches in so long.. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

es Offline Sparkydave

Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 09:47:59 PM
How does that 6for1 driver work? Any good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing.  I remember the old TV "infomercial" for those back when I was a kid, but don't remember what the product was called. Seemed like they were very popular for a short time.  I had one, and it did work, but was awkward.
- Terry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:09 PM
This is my workday carry sheath.
IMG_3086.jpg
* IMG_3086.jpg (Filesize: 236.9 KB)
IMG_3085.jpg
* IMG_3085.jpg (Filesize: 72.89 KB)
IMG_3076.JPG
* IMG_3076.JPG (Filesize: 79.23 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline gorbag

• Tapatalk User
Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 11:35:00 PM
Neat!  Are those jigsaw blades?  Do they require much modding to fit your surge?

The world belongs to the funkiest.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing.  I remember the old TV "infomercial" for those back when I was a kid, but don't remember what the product was called. Seemed like they were very popular for a short time.  I had one, and it did work, but was awkward.
Craftsman made something similar in which made a comeback it's call a clench wrench, only diff is that it's spring loaded and only on one end. The other one I remember had closed head rather then a open end to it, but like you said I have no clue as to what there called.. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 11:54:56 PM
Neat!  Are those jigsaw blades?  Do they require much modding to fit your surge?

Yes, there are 2 metal cutting blades, 1 wood blade, 1 plastic cutting blade which have been fitted with shrink tubing.  They are very snug in the exchanger but once you remove the blade from the exchanger the shrink tube does get messed up a bit.
IMG_3056.jpg
* IMG_3056.jpg (Filesize: 124.63 KB)
IMG_2999.JPG
* IMG_2999.JPG (Filesize: 241.36 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline gorbag

• Tapatalk User
Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 12:00:51 AM
I think I have a new project to do.  Thanks for the idea!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:36 AM
I think I have a new project to do.  Thanks for the idea!

I can't take credit I found it here on MTO.  I got my T shanks from Harbor Freight and shrink tube from Wally World. I didnt shrink tube all the way to the T part as it wasnt fitting well enough for me, so I have it just under the T and it works great.  I also dont mind having the longer blades because I wont stow them onboard anyway and I like the extra sawing surface.   
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
@aloha, when do you use the saw blades? There is a saw on my Camper but I never seem to need it.

Finally got around to modding a Micro pocket organizer. (been meaning too) Its able to be worn horizontally on my belt. Which is my preferred method of carry. It rides comfortably and doesn't weigh down my pants.

It'll be my Go Pouch for ultra lite duty, so I wont feel the need to carry around my sling bag, AKA my Go bag. GGB meets GGP. (grab and go)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:01 AM
@aloha, when do you use the saw blades? There is a saw on my Camper but I never seem to need it.

Finally got around to modding a Micro pocket organizer. (been meaning too) Its able to be worn horizontally on my belt. Which is my preferred method of carry. It rides comfortably and doesn't weigh down my pants.

It'll be my Go Pouch for ultra lite duty, so I wont feel the need to carry around my sling bag, AKA my Go bag. GGB meets GGP. (grab and go)

I dont use them daily more like a few times a month for PVC piping, I've used the wood saw for removing rogue tree branches, and the metal saws have replaced my hack saw I lost.  I cut some aluminum channel like for window screens which is all done for work purposes.  I don't carry this pouch for anything but work.   
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 03:51:14 AM
I have dubbed your pouch "The Workman".  :D
Mine will no longer be the urban EDC; well my new one will. The pouch formerly known as "Urban EDC" is now the "Just in case".
Cause I almost never use it, but carry it all the time...Just in case.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 08:33:13 AM
I had a situation that I talked about not too long ago.  I didnt bring my normal off day carry and someone could have used a MT and well it was at home.  I like to help others and therefore my EDC is handy in that capacity as well as for anything that might come up for myself.  I like the name "The Workman" it totally fits this pouch.

I am a believer in being consistent in what you decide to carry because the time you dont have it is the time you really NEED it.  I left tonight for the grocery store and brought my little FAK, my new to me S2, Minichamp, and a light.  Much like any training being consistent in your EDC gives you certain confidence if or when something happens.  Knowing what you have on you and having used those items removes some unknowns in deciding if you can help.  Just my 2c.     
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:59 AM
How does that 6for1 driver work? Any good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well. I've been using it for some small things recently and it's done a good job. Not had a need to use it properly hard yet.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=50167

The spring ones are better because they ratchet, where my one sort of requires two hands. Someone at work had a large, old springy one and asked me to pick him up a couple of smaller ones to add to it. I thought they were fantastic, found a cheap set with a double ended one in and bought it without realising it didn't have the springs. It solves some problems but definitely isn't as useful.

You can pick them up pretty cheaply on eBay, something like £8 for one with a spring. Stanley also do a nicer looking one.

es Offline Sparkydave

Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:46 AM
Just ordered a set of 4 from amazon, they will come in real handy. as nbothing is standard on some of the boats I find myself working on and some are pz and some are ph

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 09:55:39 PM
@aloha, I too have stories of being the hero or being without and kicking my self. Most of the without was learning experiences. Not of what to bring along but what should be included in said pouches/bags.

I'll still have other items near; it's just my new pouch will actually be on my person all day. EDC doesn't necessarily mean all day carry. My new pouch will be an ADC.

TBH I've given up on being the white knight. I now remind people "You know I sell these." as I play with the tool they need. Which by then is the umpteenth time I've mentioned it. (I've gifted plenty) If the individual rather spend their money on some trending electronic, overpriced shoes/cloths, six pack, a pack of smokes, or some other crap they don't need that's on them.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:21:29 PM by Fattsgalore »

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 10:20:48 PM
My Urban EDC...Well ADC. Modded Maxpedition Micro organizer.

Not pretty but it works. Fits a belt up to 1 1/3" perfectly. The webbing came off a backpack. It was used to retain excess straps. It just poked me in the back on my jogs, so removed it and was mindful not to toss it. Thought one day I might be able to use it. Turns out I was right.
Sewed it up with a single braided strand of paracord. Either this or fishing line for outdoors items I've learned.

It's not fully stocked yet. Whats not visible is a USB, small pack of meds and bandages, extra battery, super glue, and paper tape measure.
Still unsure what to stuff into it. No redundancy with this pouch, no "just in case". Only things I'll have use for anywhere and every where in public. Since I'll still have my bag and or pouch in my ride... 

us Offline willc

Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 02:46:51 PM

This is a normal edc for my Condor pouch.
It is 6x4x4 and I think it is called the molle gadget pouch.

I got this specifically to carry my iPhone in conjunction with my tool belt at work.
So far I am liking it as it is roomy and offers good protection and accessing the main section is not difficult to get my phone.
A pretty good pouch IMO.

Sent from my fancy work phone.

us Offline Dale

Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:25 PM

I'm thinking of the immortal words of Socrates.. He said.. " I drank what?"

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:31 PM
@willc, I have one of those, In a digi woodland camo. Mine was from Fox Tactical, bad company. Condor I've heard is much better.

I shall call thy pouch, "Mr. Prepared"

@Dale, and yours will be "The Urban Journeyman"...sounds fancy.

I'm gonna run out of names...

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:19 PM
Here's the last pic of my maxped micrc

Rebar, climber, ptx piranha, nitecore ezaa, sharpening stuff, Chapman ratchet extension and bits

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/JAfromMn/media/temporary_zps5161c5da.jpg.html?sort=3&o=50
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline willc

Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 06:08:36 AM

@willc, I have one of those, In a digi woodland camo. Mine was from Fox Tactical, bad company. Condor I've heard is much better.

I shall call thy pouch, "Mr. Prepared"

@Dale, and yours will be "The Urban Journeyman"...sounds fancy.

I'm gonna run out of names...

The Condor pouch really surprised me for being 15 bux.
I will probably try out more of their stuff.

If it had a loop at the top like the Maxped stuff this would be perfect for me but I throw a carabiner on a backside molle and it works ok.

Sent from my fancy work phone.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:08 PM
@JA, I have dubbed your pouch "Black Ops"
Wish that Piranha tool or what ever it is was also black.
Love me some color coordination.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD