Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

King Dick 1for6

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
King Dick 1for6
on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:47 PM
OK so this isn't a multitool in the strictest sense, but it is a tool that will do the job of 6.

It's the King Dick 1for6 screwdriver, which fits No 1, 2 and 3 in both Phillips and Pozidriv screw heads.

Anyone that works with both will know how frustrating it is to always have the wrong screwdriver. On my bench at work I have 1 and 2 (and smaller) in both PZ and PH and the Phillips really doesn't fit the Pozi all that satisfactorily. Imagine my delight and confusion, then, when I see something advertised as fitting everything.

"How can that be?" I ask myself. "And that must cost a fortune." Well it doesn't. £5 for the standard one, a bit more for the VDE one and they do extra long and stubby too. So deciding I didn't have much to lose I popped on on the next plumbing order, handed over my fiver and waited.

It arrived today. I went around finding screws for it - it only goes and fits everything. It doesn't do a PZ2 quite as well as the dedicated driver but you've probably got about 90% of the torque there. And compared to trying a Phillips driver in a Pozi screw, or vice-versa, or a 2 in a 3 or... it's amazing!

I think my boss is going to get one and maybe a VDE one too. They're bloody brilliant!

Leatherman need to start fitting their multitools with them  :pok:
1for6.jpg
* 1for6.jpg (Filesize: 81.13 KB)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: King Dick 1for6
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:15:59 PM
Interesting.

I thought King Dick were just a brand of adjustable jaw wrenches.  :)

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:21 PM
They're certainly best known for adjustables and to a lesser extent socket sets/ratchets round here. The first and only King Dick product I knew for a long time was a big adjustable.
I'd never really considered a screwdriver from them before, but I'd say comfort wise this seems as good as my Wera drivers. The shaft isn't quite up to the same standards visually but nothing that should affect productivity.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 03:11:13 AM
OK, that looking very interesting.  Definitely going to pick one of them up.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:56:01 AM
OK, that looking very interesting.  Definitely going to pick one of them up.  :tu:

+1 Nice one Cupboard  :tu: I've not seen one of them before
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline nelson

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 01:57:00 PM
Where did you order them from, I can't seem to find for less than a tenner?

I had some impact driver bits that were supposed to fit both Philips/pozi as well. They had little serrations on the tip to make them bite, I'll see if I have any left and post a pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Wake up in the morning and piss excellence  :)           (Talladega Nights)

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 03:23:53 PM
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/202.asp#19003

£5.14+VAT

I just put it on one of the plumbing orders at work (don't worry, everything's completely above board).

They're about £8 inc elsewhere.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD