Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paratool options?

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Paratool options?
on: February 18, 2014, 10:03:24 PM
Hi guys, forgive me if I have missed it but is there a list of tool options that fit in a Sog Paratool as standard and work together without mods?  Looking to fit wood saw, plain blade, awl, Phillips, can opener, flat blade, file as priorities.  Scissors would be a bonus.
Max.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Paratool options?
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:29 PM
Max,do you already have a Paratool? The only tool there that you need to add is the saw.

AFAIK,the modern SOG saw might be too long,but check the SOG website,as it will give compatability. I know that a PE blade from a Powerlock needs a few mil ground off to fit a Paratool, and standard SOG scissors are far too long.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:25:22 PM
Hi, not yet, but looking at an older one, I didn't think they had a wood saw and the blade is a combo?
Max.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:19 PM
Hi, not yet, but looking at an older one, I didn't think they had a wood saw and the blade is a combo?

No,they don't have a wood saw,but they have a PE blade,sabre-ish,and a Warncliff SE. Or at least mine did. I swapped out the PE for the saw,and added the quarter inch adopter and the old fine flat driver
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:59 PM
Yes, the standard blade is a millimeter too long but you could grind the tip off or just the edge of the frame. 

The saw is just a hair to long so it's easy to pull it out without any alterations, or a pass or two wit ha diamond stone would do.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:25:16 PM
Good thinking Bat-Enki!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 10:13:05 PM
No,they don't have a wood saw,but they have a PE blade,sabre-ish,and a Warncliff SE. Or at least mine did.

That is correct.  I would call the SE blade more of a sheepsfoot, but that is how my "old school" Para is set up.  The old Para also has a file with a rounded tip, and this can easily be changed out for the more recent square-tipped one for another screwdriver option.  That file just fits without modification.
- Terry

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 09:46:55 AM
Thanks guys, I'll wait and see what I get and go from there.  :)
Max.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD