Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maxpedition ppocket organizers and Maglite

styx · 18 · 2337

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Maxpedition ppocket organizers and Maglite
on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:21 AM
So I'm putting together a kit that would be easier to carry than in 10 different pockets. Most things are also flyable so that is a big bonus and all that nice thing. Y'all already know so no need to give any explanations.

But I am wondering about sizes. I want to put a Maglite 2xAA in the organizer so I'm wondering how and if it would fit in a Maxpedition Mini or Micro organizer. That's what I can easily put in a jacket pocket and not kill it.

Also the Maglite should be getting a niteIze tailcap switch soon, so that could make it even longer
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

bg Offline N_N_R

Re: Maxpedition ppocket organizers and Maglite
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
Now, the Mag 2AA does fit in the regular EDC pocket organizer just well. Not sure how big the smaller ones are, but perhaps it will be a little smallish.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:19 PM
I'm not sure about the dimension of the Maglite, with out checking I'm sure it wouldn't fit in a Micro though.

The Mini organizer is 4"x6"x0.75".

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:18:39 PM
I`ve had the standard, micro and mini and didn`t like any of them. IMO they`re not thick enough and end up bulging like a small barrel. I like my organisers to have a little wiggle room and not have everything crammed in and scratching each other.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

hr Offline styx

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:18:25 AM
interesting. I didn't find anything comparable to the size that is also available in Europe

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:56:28 PM
http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/pocket-organizer/mini-pocket-organizer.html

I think this is a little thicker than the MaxP one and is available from a seller in Berlin. I`m on a very slow connection so am unable to do much digging. Blackhawk also make one but I`m not sure about size or availability.
For EDC I use a small beltpack by Lifeventure.
I`m surprised there aren`t more options from other makers given the popularity of the MaxP stuff.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

hr Offline styx

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 05:18:14 PM
that mini organizer is more comparable to the full size that Maxped makes.

Someone could really tap into a nice market. although some have and their problem is the price

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:16 PM
Styx,

I just read this thread, and I do own pretty much all the Maxpedition organizer all the way up to Beefy.  And after the fitting, here's the result:

For Maglite AA(original version, with light bulb)
Micro will be a tight fit, but it will fit in there.

For Maglite AA led(just a bit longer than the original)
Mini will be a tight fit, but there is no way it will fit in a Micro.

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:57 PM
Thanks. I checked and think that with the upgrade of the old light bulb AA won't fit even the Mini.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 08:03:29 PM
If what you mean by 'upgrade' is referring to the newer led Maglite AA with the NiteIze IQ switch, then a Mini will fit in there super tight and I was barely able to get it to close.  Not recommended, since people most likely will fit other items in the organizer and it probably won't be able to zip up.

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 09:00:48 PM
exactly what I mean. then the Micro it is and the Maglite can live in the pocket next to the organizer

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:38:44 AM
Here is my Micro.  I can't imagine a 2xAA fitting in there but, as you can see, the 2xAAA LED sits in there very nicely. :)
2014-02-27 08.35.11.jpg
* 2014-02-27 08.35.11.jpg (Filesize: 78.87 KB)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:15:03 PM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

hr Offline styx

Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 01:27:12 PM
and that just might be a solution to some problems. thanks

so lets see: dental card, tooth brush, flashlight, SAK, duct tape, pocketwrench 2

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 06:13:26 PM
Well, I'm home now and can tell you that there is no way a 2xAA LED Maglite is going to fit inside my Micro organiser.  Even if I really try and stuff it down it still won't let the zip close. :-\

hr Offline styx

Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:17 PM
not a huge deal. by some recent events maybe it's even better to keep 'em separate for faster access

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 03:15:07 AM
Well, I'm home now and can tell you that there is no way a 2xAA LED Maglite is going to fit inside my Micro organiser.  Even if I really try and stuff it down it still won't let the zip close. :-\

Hey, Gareth.

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, but when you are trying to fit the Minimag AA in, are you referring to the led version or the original incan version? 

Because my Micro organizer does fit an AA minimag incan version, but it is just really really tight fit(almost zipper busting tight, and it is pretty empty inside)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

Hey, Gareth.

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, but when you are trying to fit the Minimag AA in, are you referring to the led version or the original incan version? 

Because my Micro organizer does fit an AA minimag incan version, but it is just really really tight fit(almost zipper busting tight, and it is pretty empty inside)

No, fair question. :tu:  It was an LED version I was trying to fit in the Micro not an old incandescent.  To make matters worse I first tried it with a Terralux tail switch, but even with the standard tail cap it still wasn't fitting.

As you say, even if I could have crammed it in, the zip would have been at breaking point and you'd not get much else in besides the Maglite.

The only other thought I'd had is that you could just leave the head sticking out of the top of the organiser.  As long as everything else was reasonably secure then it might work. :shrug:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13:40 PM
Here's what I was thinking.  Having the Maglite (2xAA LED) in the slot next to the spine of the organiser means you could close the zip nearly all the way.  Not certain I would want to carry it this way, but it might be an option. :)
2014-03-02 11.09.55.jpg
* 2014-03-02 11.09.55.jpg (Filesize: 116.33 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%