Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11973 · 451483

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #2280 on: April 15, 2016, 12:24:54 AM
Got 3 used SAKs in great shape: Compact, Climber and Camper. Carrying the Compact today (only got pics of this one).

This one is good for a lot of threads: this thread, which SAK carry, newest SAK, Got Paracord...

8) 8) 8) 8)
How do you like that compact? I think if they swapped that corkscrew with a Philips that would make like the most perfect all around little pocket knife, no?
JR

I just wish the compact swapped the combo tool with the standard flat head and I would be very happy.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2281 on: April 15, 2016, 12:39:04 AM
Got 3 used SAKs in great shape: Compact, Climber and Camper. Carrying the Compact today (only got pics of this one).

This one is good for a lot of threads: this thread, which SAK carry, newest SAK, Got Paracord...

8) 8) 8) 8)
How do you like that compact? I think if they swapped that corkscrew with a Philips that would make like the most perfect all around little pocket knife, no?
JR

I just wish the compact swapped the combo tool with the standard flat head and I would be very happy.
Well in that case there's that evolution, I've been thinking of that 16 or 18, cause they have all the same tools of my custom one, I just don't like that wavy grip.
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2282 on: April 15, 2016, 11:52:23 AM

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2283 on: April 15, 2016, 12:16:40 PM

8) 8) 8) 8)
JR

Well in that case there's that evolution, I've been thinking of that 16 or 18, cause they have all the same tools of my custom one, I just don't like that wavy grip.
JR

I always prefer the CS over the phillips. I don't find it very easy to use. Like this, I have also the possibility to add a small SD. The combo tool offers more versatility and keeps the SAK thin. I think the idea of the Compact is to have some compromise in order to still have many functions. You loose some specificity in the tools in the process. The file is there but very difficult to use, too. Still, in a pinch, it's a file!

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2284 on: April 15, 2016, 03:09:27 PM

8) 8) 8) 8)
JR

JR

I always prefer the CS over the phillips. I don't find it very easy to use. Like this, I have also the possibility to add a small SD. The combo tool offers more versatility and keeps the SAK thin. I think the idea of the Compact is to have some compromise in order to still have many functions. You loose some specificity in the tools in the process. The file is there but very difficult to use, too. Still, in a pinch, it's a file!
Yeah the Philips is on the backside, but it's still useable, like the nail file on that compact.. Unlike the compact those evolutions are available in either the Philips or CS, and the nail file is much larger, plus the scissors are wegner style rather then Vic with that serrated edge and backspring, which I kinda like better.. The 18 has all the same tools that my Syph custom does, plus a awl, the 16 loose the saw which I really don't know if I really need. But not only does it have those funny scales, but it's also shorter, so idk..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2285 on: April 16, 2016, 06:46:23 PM

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2286 on: April 17, 2016, 12:26:14 PM
A couple cheap sheaths for some weird-shaped MTs I have,

and this chinese cheapo tool. Anyone has one of these?

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2287 on: April 18, 2016, 09:59:47 PM
Well, I'm very supportive of our vet's and in service, and a little while ago I saw something and so wanted to do something. For support just replace your outdoor lightbulb with a green light to show support. Only problem is we live in a apartment complex and don't have an outdoor light? So I thought what about one of those candles you put in the window for Xmas and just somehow turn it green? Only thing is how much is it going to cost to keep running? Well, today while out I saw something and it clicked! How about one of those cheap outdoor lights, yes put it in the window, but not only led, but solar? It turns off and charges during the day, and will run all night! So I fig just take a marker and color in the clear plastic? No, didn't work, first the plastic didn't want to take on the marker, but then one marker that kinda did work didn't make the color really green, so now what? The wife wanted me to paint it, like but then it wouldn't push any light threw? So I got it, I used to do drafting, and one thing I had is what I call onion skin paper, it's just really a very thin paper, anyway, I took the marker and colored it green, the led bulb has enough to push threw, and at the same time during the day it shows green! So 24hr a day I can show my support and it won't run up my electrical bill..
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 77.98 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2288 on: April 18, 2016, 10:44:58 PM
Nice JR !   :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2289 on: April 18, 2016, 11:12:40 PM
Nice JR !   :salute:
Ty, I just did a little improvement, I took aluminum foil and put it inside to cover up the back since that will be toward the inside, and also the bottom, this way it will give the led a little more push to the outside.
JR

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2290 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:34 PM
Just got a Big Bad Wolf...

Went to a shop where I usually find some uncommon knives. The owner brought this from the back room. He said he got this thinking of me and my liking for "strange" knives. It's a real monster. You can see it next to the Vic SignatureLite (58mm). The cutting part of the blade is 12cm! Not the whole blade, just the sharpened, cutting part...

The blade rests in the guard. When we open it, the guard rotates and sticks inside the handle and locks the blade in place. Very smooth and very secure.
BigWolf_01.jpg
* BigWolf_01.jpg (Filesize: 221.55 KB)
BigWolf_02.jpg
* BigWolf_02.jpg (Filesize: 217.91 KB)
BigWolf_03.jpg
* BigWolf_03.jpg (Filesize: 213.91 KB)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2291 on: April 19, 2016, 04:43:37 PM
The Big Bad Wolf lock in detail:

BigWolf_04.jpg
* BigWolf_04.jpg (Filesize: 157.08 KB)
BigWolf_05.jpg
* BigWolf_05.jpg (Filesize: 164.69 KB)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2292 on: April 19, 2016, 05:27:54 PM
That is a cool knife.

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2293 on: April 19, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
That is a cool knife.

That's us mobile

Thanks! I like how it has a "normal" handle and yet the blade is almost shortsword-like. It's very well balanced, with the long, thin blade and the thick, heavy handle.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2294 on: April 19, 2016, 06:31:32 PM
Doode , that is a sweeeet blade  :)

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #2295 on: April 19, 2016, 06:44:20 PM
Got my Squirt today... loving this tiny thing!

You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2296 on: April 19, 2016, 06:46:42 PM
Doode , that is a sweeeet blade  :)

Sweety, that's a dude's blade!

8) 8) 8) 8)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2297 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:19 PM
Today I can finally say, for the first time: Grail acquired!!!

Thanks to a fellow forumite from the US.

It's been years of searchs, and a month waiting for the package, but it finally got here!

Such a beautiful blade, it deserves a photoshoot session on its own.

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ljnoble

• The Land DownUnder
Reply #2298 on: April 20, 2016, 12:00:11 AM

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

From The Land DownUnder

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2299 on: April 20, 2016, 06:47:44 PM
SOG Powerplier! Long time looking for a used one. FInally got it from Germany!

My toys:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2300 on: April 21, 2016, 01:56:53 AM
NIB OG Wave!

us Offline thatotherguy

Reply #2301 on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:51 AM
Just a day or two ago (I've been too busy to get on here) I got a padded mailer from Portland. From Leatherman Tool Group, to be precise. In aforementioned mailing envelope was...

a Super Tool 300 and a Skeletool from a warranty return... and both are brand spanking new  :mail:  :woohoo:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2302 on: April 21, 2016, 02:47:41 AM
Good story.  LM warranty dept is great. :tu:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2303 on: April 27, 2016, 01:03:42 PM
A Lansky stropping stone, Puma compound, a Classic SAK-Alike and a B&H GAK.
The rest of the stuff will go in the Slippie/LM/Opinel forums  :D

For future reference:
Rough Rider Stoneworx Canoe
Rough Rider Black Pearl Mini Toothpick
Colt Exotic Trapper
Opinel 12 Slim Bubinga
Leatherman Xe6

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2304 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:30 PM
NIB OG Supertool, BO ST200, Sheath and just back from Leatherman BO ST300 CC

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #2305 on: April 27, 2016, 09:06:02 PM
Well... I got  nothing mT related today.

But I got my first glasses today. I always suspected that my ability to look and see was getting worse the last few years. Last week I made a test. I was shocked. Was I really seeing so badly? Yes, it seemed. So I finally got my glasses today.

It is so great to see all the details in nature and the details while driving. and in general. The glasses are not so good fitting, though - pressing on the nose and at the ears. But something the nice girl at the opticter´s shop will hopefully fit tomorrow. I would also come the day after - if required.  :D
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2306 on: April 28, 2016, 04:56:43 AM
Wenger/Vic Cigar 79 arrived today!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2307 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:44 PM
Shiny :D

Only thing I really needed is that Spoon-Fork-Combo and the locking carabiner... the 3 flashlights just happened.
shiny.jpg
* shiny.jpg (Filesize: 66.8 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

au Offline Rossko07

Reply #2308 on: May 05, 2016, 01:53:12 PM
Super Tinker

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2309 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:05 PM
A couple of Opinel Brun & Noir.

Details here:
http://www.boutique-opinel-musee.com/couteaux-de-poche/classiques/luxe/n08-brunnoir

Yes, a couple.

Show content
One is going to be a shelf queen.

Show content
The other is a backup, in case anything happens to the first...

:facepalm:

Opinel BrunNoir 1.jpg
* Opinel BrunNoir 1.jpg (Filesize: 85.98 KB)
Opinel BrunNoir 2.jpg
* Opinel BrunNoir 2.jpg (Filesize: 187.08 KB)
Opinel BrunNoir 3.jpg
* Opinel BrunNoir 3.jpg (Filesize: 168.69 KB)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD