Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59780

us Offline Pwscott

Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #120 on: August 28, 2015, 03:47:32 AM
I just jumped in with both feet on the Cybertool...It took a lot of looking and calling stores and outlets etc, but I found a Cybertool 41. I had hoped to find one in Transparent Sapphire, but went for Ruby Red when I finally found one and realized how hard they are to get. The guy at the Victorinox flagship store in SOHO (NYC) told me they haven't seen one in a while and encouraged me to take a CT 34 they had in blue...but I did find a Ruby Red CT 41 (albeit for a pretty high cost  :-\ ). It should ship to me tomorrow and be here when I return from a long weekend in Vermont.

They didn't have the leather pouch with the metal belt clip so I am still on the hunt for one of those. I imagine my (do I dare?) Leatherman Wave or Sidekick nylon pouches would carry it well for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:26:35 AM by Pwscott »

de Offline Storky

• A happy fart never comes from a miserable ass.
Reply #121 on: August 28, 2015, 06:10:42 AM
Hi

I'm in with a CT41 (current EDC) and a XLT (former EDC).
Somewhere by the other knives must be a CT34 (no pic).

Regards

Markus
Vic_CT41_rg_01.jpg
* Vic_CT41_rg_01.jpg (Filesize: 95.96 KB)
XLT_Molon_Labe.jpg
* XLT_Molon_Labe.jpg (Filesize: 75.77 KB)

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #122 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:54 AM
I forgot to post my latest ones.....CT41 and an 125th Anniversary CT 34.

New CT41   with sheath.JPG
* New CT41 with sheath.JPG (Filesize: 79.2 KB)
CT34 125th.JPG
* CT34 125th.JPG (Filesize: 74.13 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #123 on: August 28, 2015, 05:38:18 PM

Nice CTs SG.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #124 on: August 28, 2015, 09:36:44 PM

Nice CTs SG.

Thanks Harley!!!   :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #125 on: August 28, 2015, 09:56:00 PM
I just jumped in with both feet on the Cybertool...It took a lot of looking and calling stores and outlets etc, but I found a Cybertool 41. I had hoped to find one in Transparent Sapphire, but went for Ruby Red when I finally found one and realized how hard they are to get. The guy at the Victorinox flagship store in SOHO (NYC) told me they haven't seen one in a while and encouraged me to take a CT 34 they had in blue...but I did find a Ruby Red CT 41 (albeit for a pretty high cost  :-\ ). It should ship to me tomorrow and be here when I return from a long weekend in Vermont.

They didn't have the leather pouch with the metal belt clip so I am still on the hunt for one of those. I imagine my (do I dare?) Leatherman Wave or Sidekick nylon pouches would carry it well for the time being.

They're not hard to get. Just hard to get locally.  ;)

I actually recommended a CT as an alternative to those seeking a multi-tool who don't find themselves using pliers (or large pliers) often. It's towards the end of this video:

]this video
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #126 on: August 28, 2015, 10:37:45 PM

I don't the US is getting the CT41 anymore, but they are available in the EU. :-\

I modded a CT41 to add timekeeper scales.  It's my Office EDC. 

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #127 on: August 29, 2015, 06:13:11 AM
Hmm; I've been kicking around getting a CyberTool lately but cannot seem to get the model 'just right'. The 29 is on the smaller side; the 34 on the larger. I think a 29 with one more layer - scissors; pliers or (ideally?) the light/magnifier would be the ideal size/weight/tool combination.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #128 on: August 29, 2015, 07:42:00 AM

I don't the US is getting the CT41 anymore, but they are available in the EU. :-\

Well that kinda stinks!  Why are they around anymore!  Did they actually quit making them?  I wanted a CT41 for quite some time but never got ahold of one.  Now they are probably out of my price range!  :)

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #129 on: August 29, 2015, 04:16:14 PM
A question

Are the bits, a Victorinox only, product?

The bit shank is 4mm from what I have been able to determine

For reference the 1/4 " hex bit is 6.35mm

Thanks

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #130 on: August 29, 2015, 05:37:49 PM

Well that kinda stinks!  Why are they around anymore!  Did they actually quit making them?  I wanted a CT41 for quite some time but never got ahold of one.  Now they are probably out of my price range!  :)

They still make them, just do not send them to the US anymore.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #131 on: August 31, 2015, 04:44:43 PM
They still make them, [CT41] just do not send them to the US anymore.
Maybe the CT41 will reappear soon as the 'Cybertool L'  :think:

A question

Are the bits, a Victorinox only, product?

The bit shank is 4mm from what I have been able to determine
The Cybertool bits are 4mm hex drive, which you can find elsewhere. But the double-ended ones with the sprung ball bearing retention are specific to Victorinox. You can order spares of the standard bits from swissknifeshop.com or, if you're really interested in the other ones that come with the big fat SAKs, (like the metric allen bits) order them from Europe for a pretty penny. (I don't have the link handy)

Hmm; I've been kicking around getting a CyberTool lately but cannot seem to get the model 'just right'. The 29 is on the smaller side; the 34 on the larger. I think a 29 with one more layer - scissors; pliers or (ideally?) the light/magnifier would be the ideal size/weight/tool combination.
I had the same conundrum. I wound up reluctantly going with the 34 and getting the pliers, which I wasn't originally interested in. I felt the pliers made the knife too thick, and they weren't that useful. But what I found is that at times when I felt I might need the  driver, those were also times when I needed the pliers. So go with the 34. If you really find later that you don't want the scissors or pliers, have it modded to remove what you don't want.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #132 on: August 31, 2015, 05:06:50 PM
I should have a "like new" CT41 showing up by the end of the week!  Got it for a great price so can't wait to see it.

I might want to have a mod done to it to add the inline philips and mag lens layer!  Then it would be complete for me anyway!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #133 on: August 31, 2015, 09:17:03 PM
I should have a "like new" CT41 showing up by the end of the week!  Got it for a great price so can't wait to see it.

I might want to have a mod done to it to add the inline philips and mag lens layer!  Then it would be complete for me anyway!

The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach) So if you're going to have a mod done, add the magnifier and LED light. ;)

But it's going to be quite a thick tool; probably thicker than the Swisschamp. I'd hold off on future plans until you get it in-hand.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #134 on: August 31, 2015, 10:20:37 PM

The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach) So if you're going to have a mod done, add the magnifier and LED light. ;)

But it's going to be quite a thick tool; probably thicker than the Swisschamp. I'd hold off on future plans until you get it in-hand.

Oh yeah for sure I will hold off til I get it in my hands and play with it a bit.  I have seen some like the inline philips for heavier torqueing vs the bits is why I was thinking that.  I like the mag lens quite a bit but not much of a fan on their little led light.  Just dont seem bright enough for me to get any use.  :)

us Offline Pwscott

Reply #135 on: September 01, 2015, 08:46:38 PM

Order from Amazon vendor still has not shipped after 5 days. I emailed the seller on Amazon and they said stock was confirmed and 'should' ship today or tomorrow. Kind of disappointing but not many other sources in US for a CT-41.

Sent from my Note 4

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #136 on: September 03, 2015, 10:42:47 PM
Received my ruby CT41 today and it is in "new" condition!

CT41_top.jpg
* CT41_top.jpg (Filesize: 251.24 KB)
CT41_bottom.jpg
* CT41_bottom.jpg (Filesize: 206.06 KB)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #137 on: September 03, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
CT41 is what the Swisschamp should have been.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #138 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51:24 PM

...unless you have a use for the fish scaler/ruler/hook disgorger

Swisschamp is a good bit more affordable and popular than the CT41 too. CT41 was overpriced, and got pulled from the US market.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #139 on: September 03, 2015, 10:59:06 PM

...unless you have a use for the fish scaler/ruler/hook disgorger

Swisschamp is a good bit more affordable and popular than the CT41 too. CT41 was overpriced, and got pulled from the US market.

Yeah, I have no use for the fish scaler and wish they would take it off the swisschamp, then it would be one layer thinner and better.  I guess some here have used the fish scaler for skewing french fries off other people's plates! :)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #140 on: September 03, 2015, 11:01:13 PM
Personally, I think the CT41 is worth the premium. If someone has a specific need for the fish tickler or the mag glass, then fair play to them. I still however think the CT is a superior pocket tool.

The Swisschamp for me is rather like the Workchamp, Farmer, Minichamp, and a few other popular SAKs, and has never interested me. I have bought one for someone else and they were highly delighted with it, but for my own needs I waited till I could afford a Cybertool, and don't regret it in the slightest

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #141 on: September 04, 2015, 12:21:22 AM
Personally, I think the CT41 is worth the premium. If someone has a specific need for the fish tickler or the mag glass, then fair play to them. I still however think the CT is a superior pocket tool.

The Swisschamp for me is rather like the Workchamp, Farmer, Minichamp, and a few other popular SAKs, and has never interested me. I have bought one for someone else and they were highly delighted with it, but for my own needs I waited till I could afford a Cybertool, and don't regret it in the slightest

I too have had a few or more Swisschamps pass thru my fingers from time to time but just never really warmed up to them.  I am not sure why but just never much did.  I also have a Minichamp now on my keys but not feeling it either so it will be put up to a new home soon.

I also managed to snag a CT29 for a great price and with that one I might sacrifice an Explorer to have the mag glass and scissors modded to the CT29 if I can find some one to do that.  Maybe I could do the scissor's layer, then a mag glass and lite in another layer as I also have a Spartan Lite here!

Can someone tell me what is the right belt pouch for the CT41 is?  Part number? Link?

Thx.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:31:10 AM by sir_mike »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: September 15, 2015, 11:39:00 PM
A couple observations from my first day with a 34:
Victorinox makes some great sheaths. Ok this has nothing to do with the cybertool tool but with it I got a brown leather sheath with a snap button and it just screams quality. I love that they invest in the accessories that come with their tools.

The cybertool has a great tool set. I do think the 5 layers is as thick as I would go. It feels large, but not overwhelming. It fits very well in the coin pocket.

As people have already stated, I wish victorinox released a bit set to compliment the tool. I don't mind the extra storage, but a full set would be nice.

Quality-wise everything functions beyond expected. Quality is the one area that Victorinox blows everyone out the water. When I get any product from them, it performs flawlessly.

Overall this is a keeper. if I had to lose the driver it would still be a great tool (deluxe climber/tinker) but the driver us what makes this tool unique. Glad to have it in my collection.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

Offline Anbaric

Reply #143 on: September 25, 2015, 12:32:57 AM
Can someone tell me what is the right belt pouch for the CT41 is?  Part number? Link?
I'm using the 4.0521.3 (5-8 layer black leather) pouch, which fits very well:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Leather-Pouch-Layer-Black/dp/B0001P14OK

They have several other pouch designs with the same capacity in various materials - just search for Victorinox 5-8 layer.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #144 on: October 05, 2015, 02:39:28 AM
I EDC a 41 . I use a dangler clip , no problems with it as an EDC . I might do a scale changeout someday .

My buddy who's a locksmith also EDC's one . We have two in reserve , one nib , one modderfodder.

Chris

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #145 on: October 05, 2015, 03:56:44 AM
I EDC a 41 . I use a dangler clip , no problems with it as an EDC . I might do a scale changeout someday .

My buddy who's a locksmith also EDC's one . We have two in reserve , one nib , one modderfodder.

Chris

A NIB CT 41 you say?

Any interesting in parting with it?

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #146 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:09 AM
The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach)

While I can appreciate the benefits of the bit driver, the one thing that has kept me from buying a Cybertool to replace my SAK with inline phillips is that I seem to run into a lot of recessed phillips screws. At a trade show this last March I had to put the base on a flat screen monitor, while the inline phillips worked fine, I doubt I would have been able to get the bit driver into the recess. Also the inside door handle on my car was getting loose and squeaky over bumps :ahhh and once again I doubt the bit driver would have been able to get in there.

Still may have to get a Cybertool if only for the fiddle factor :)

Offline Aferrel

Reply #147 on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:45 AM
A Cybertool with the long Phillips like the one in the workchamp would be great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #148 on: October 05, 2015, 04:56:37 AM
The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach)

While I can appreciate the benefits of the bit driver, the one thing that has kept me from buying a Cybertool to replace my SAK with inline phillips is that I seem to run into a lot of recessed phillips screws. At a trade show this last March I had to put the base on a flat screen monitor, while the inline phillips worked fine, I doubt I would have been able to get the bit driver into the recess. Also the inside door handle on my car was getting loose and squeaky over bumps :ahhh and once again I doubt the bit driver would have been able to get in there.

Still may have to get a Cybertool if only for the fiddle factor :)

What it had both......

SC XLT

This retired my CT41/34's into my collection box.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #149 on: October 05, 2015, 05:02:30 AM
What it had both......

SC XLT

I've almost pulled the trigger on those several times. That picture isn't helping :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%