Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59754

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #150 on: October 05, 2015, 05:09:43 AM
What it had both......

SC XLT

I've almost pulled the trigger on those several times. That picture isn't helping :ahhh

:cheers:   :D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #151 on: October 05, 2015, 05:49:43 AM
The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach)

While I can appreciate the benefits of the bit driver, the one thing that has kept me from buying a Cybertool to replace my SAK with inline phillips is that I seem to run into a lot of recessed phillips screws. At a trade show this last March I had to put the base on a flat screen monitor, while the inline phillips worked fine, I doubt I would have been able to get the bit driver into the recess. Also the inside door handle on my car was getting loose and squeaky over bumps :ahhh and once again I doubt the bit driver would have been able to get in there.

Still may have to get a Cybertool if only for the fiddle factor :)

What it had both......

SC XLT
(Image removed from quote.)

This retired my CT41/34's into my collection box.

Want me one so much but they are expensive.

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #152 on: October 05, 2015, 02:10:14 PM
The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach)

While I can appreciate the benefits of the bit driver, the one thing that has kept me from buying a Cybertool to replace my SAK with inline phillips is that I seem to run into a lot of recessed phillips screws. At a trade show this last March I had to put the base on a flat screen monitor, while the inline phillips worked fine, I doubt I would have been able to get the bit driver into the recess. Also the inside door handle on my car was getting loose and squeaky over bumps :ahhh and once again I doubt the bit driver would have been able to get in there.

What it had both......

SC XLT

I am also a fan of having both

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #153 on: October 05, 2015, 02:50:09 PM

What it had both......

SC XLT

EXCELLENT!!!!  :2tu:  Lacks only a spatula and fishscaler....(so folks can complain about something)  :D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #154 on: October 05, 2015, 02:51:24 PM

What it had both......

SC XLT

EXCELLENT!!!!  :2tu:  Lacks only a spatula and fishscaler....(so folks can complain about something)  :D

they complain as it,  "why do you need BOTH"   :rofl:   oh well, I like it just as it is,  and the hook is from a Compact,  so it has a file  :tu:
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #155 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:27 PM

What it had both......

SC XLT

You trade me your XLT and I will have all that stuff.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #156 on: December 02, 2015, 07:01:31 PM
This is sorta my grail. Cross-compatibility between 1/4" and 4mm bit (both ways).  :D
Not sure how much I'm really going to be using that, the CT does cover most of my screw-driver needs. Still, love the versatility and options it offers me.

Just to clarify, the SwissTool Bit-Wrench holds a CT bit ;)
grail_01.jpg
* grail_01.jpg (Filesize: 95.43 KB)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 07:02:41 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #157 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
This is sorta my grail. Cross-compatibility between 1/4" and 4mm bit (both ways).  :D
Not sure how much I'm really going to be using that, the CT does cover most of my screw-driver needs. Still, love the versatility and options it offers me.

I'm looking for a similar converter.  I wish there were a 5mm Allen wrench bit for the CT driver.  :drool:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #158 on: December 02, 2015, 08:12:09 PM

I'm looking for a similar converter.  I wish there were a 5mm Allen wrench bit for the CT driver.  :drool:
That is what I use :angel:

See here

ca Offline JP

Reply #159 on: December 03, 2015, 03:35:03 AM
Received my first CT yesterday, a CT34.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #160 on: December 07, 2015, 07:50:44 AM

I should have a "like new" CT41 showing up by the end of the week!  Got it for a great price so can't wait to see it.

I might want to have a mod done to it to add the inline philips and mag lens layer!  Then it would be complete for me anyway!

The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach) So if you're going to have a mod done, add the magnifier and LED light. ;)...

That would be a Cybertool Lite,  wouldn't it?
R

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #161 on: December 07, 2015, 07:56:39 AM

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:58:52 AM by AndyTiedye »
R

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #162 on: December 13, 2015, 12:46:16 AM

I should have a "like new" CT41 showing up by the end of the week!  Got it for a great price so can't wait to see it.

I might want to have a mod done to it to add the inline philips and mag lens layer!  Then it would be complete for me anyway!

The bit driver's Phillips is far superior to the traditional inline Phillips already. (hardened bit and longer reach) So if you're going to have a mod done, add the magnifier and LED light. ;)...

That would be a Cybertool Lite,  wouldn't it?

Nope.

CT Lite does not have saw and file.

gb Offline DrC.

Reply #163 on: December 15, 2015, 09:09:34 PM
Just ordered myself a CT34. Looked like it would complement my Leatherman Surge (which I would certainly not fancy dropping on a motherboard etc. if I slipped up). Plus its a legal carry in the UK without needing a "valid reason."

de Offline windson

• Observe - Evaluate - Control
Reply #164 on: December 31, 2015, 01:33:00 PM
Finally got one as a present after never pulling the trigger on a CT:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #165 on: January 01, 2016, 07:04:17 AM

Love some CT with translucent red.

de Offline windson

Reply #166 on: January 01, 2016, 09:47:13 AM

Love some CT with translucent red.
The translucent goes well with the 'cyber' - hints at modded computer hardware.

ca Offline Chinese Buffet

Reply #167 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:35 AM

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #168 on: January 05, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
Some more pics of my modded "Cybertool 36" - CT34 with pliers removed, and metal file / back-side small screwdriver layer added.  With a CT41 for size comparison.  It's only about 2mm thinner than a CT34, and around 15-20g lighter, but I think it's a worthwhile saving and I find it more pocketable.
cybertool36-1.jpg
* cybertool36-1.jpg (Filesize: 51.96 KB)
cybertool36-2.jpg
* cybertool36-2.jpg (Filesize: 36.91 KB)
cybertool36-3.jpg
* cybertool36-3.jpg (Filesize: 37.6 KB)

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #169 on: January 06, 2016, 02:27:00 PM
The CT29 (IIRC) is the only one I won - until now.

Like that versatile toolset. I remember my wife ask me if this should not be my only tool/knife as she also thinks it is useful  :o :o  ::)

You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #170 on: May 08, 2016, 10:08:35 PM
Better pic of the 125th Anny Cybertool......

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #171 on: May 09, 2016, 02:05:01 AM

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #172 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:53 AM
Got a 34. Now I want a 41.  :facepalm:

de Offline windson

Reply #173 on: May 09, 2016, 04:41:44 PM

Nice cybertools... but that coin is kinda stealing the show in that picture...  :drool:

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #174 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:35 PM
Do y'all find the supplied bits useful?  I'm very tempted by the concept but don't find myself needing such small bits often when I'm not at my workbench, where I have more traditional "jeweller's" and precision tools for the #00 type screws for modem cases, etc.  I can't recall the last time I needed hex / Allen bits under 3mm for example.

I'd expect to get limited use out of these three 'standard' bits (in descending order):
  • bit Phillips 0 / bit Phillips 1 (or Pozidrive)
  • bit Hex 4 mm / bit Torx 8
  • bit Torx 10 / bit Torx 15

And would consider adding the following as a spare from the XAVT:
  • bit Hex 2 mm / bit Hex 2,5 mm (Inbus)

Because I'd expect the standard tools to be OK for what I might use the 'removed' PH2 / 4mm flat bit for.  I can't find the XAVT 3mm / 4mm bit as a spare, which I might add instead.

What I'm hoping is that someone will point me towards a range of 4mm shank bits such as iPhone pentalobe or something else useful on the move.

Otherwise, despite the inner tug,  I might have to exclude that layer from my next SAK.  Or keep it as a pub-talk feature rather than a practical one  :-\.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #175 on: August 24, 2016, 12:22:57 AM
My favorite 91mm :) this thread makes me wish I should have pocketed mine today.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #176 on: August 24, 2016, 12:22:17 PM
The small phillips is handy if you need to change your watch battery or fix a camera or other small device.  The hex and torx, I don't think I've ever used on the cybertool.  It would be nice if there was a 0/00 phillips available as a layer tool in 91mm, like there is in 111mm.

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #177 on: September 10, 2016, 10:39:45 PM
Well my Cybertool Lite arrived today.  It is destined for immediate destruction as a donor to other FrankenKnives, which I'm quite pleased about as it is something of a lump  :o.  Not sure I'd be happy if I'd bought this to carry as is  :P.

The main reason for getting it was to put the magnifier / lite layer (which only appears on this knife) into a Phillips back-tool knife.  Unsure what I'll do with the Cyber layer, but trying to think of something other than adding it to a Spartan base.  Cyber Compact, Cyber Climber, Cyber Mountaineer, etc are under consideration...

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #178 on: September 12, 2016, 08:19:24 AM
The small phillips is handy if you need to change your watch battery or fix a camera or other small device.  The hex and torx, I don't think I've ever used on the cybertool.  It would be nice if there was a 0/00 phillips available as a layer tool in 91mm, like there is in 111mm.
When you work with Mac then you will start using torx, they use T6, T8 & T10. T15 and T25 get more common in computers too. That is why I ditched the hex for more torx.

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #179 on: September 13, 2016, 03:18:18 AM
Such a wonderful thread and pictures. :) The Cybertool models are amongst my very favorite Victorinox 91mm models. So versatile.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%