Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nextorch K3 penlight, anyone?

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Nextorch K3 penlight, anyone?
on: March 18, 2014, 08:25:51 PM
Does anyone have it? I'm considering it... it's a penlight, I like the way they look... I liked the 4Sevens Preon 2 a lot, but I saw lots of reviewers complain about the tail switch... And I'm not in the mood of getting another unreliable light. The Nextorch K3 is also cheaper... available in my country... aaaaaaaand also offers 25 lumens for 38 hours ?!

Just a pic found somewhere on the internet for reference if you dont know what I'm talking about:

Offline Muro

Re: Nextorch K3 penlight, anyone?
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:49:56 PM
I have it (amongst other 2 aaa penlights) as I like this form factor. Build quality is fairly good. Beam tint and shape (rather floody or balanced) are nice...but UI is terrible. Mode memory plus disco-mode in the normal sequence make it hard to know/predict in which mode it comes on. So with Hi Med Lo Strobe you start with blinky after having used low....hm...dislike....but apart from this and regarding the price it's definitely ok. I prefer Eag(led)tac's PN20a2. Only two modes (tighten oder loosen head) on/oder with rear clicky (forward). Modes are subject to discussion but almost perfect for me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Offline Muro

Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 04:58:09 PM
Oh, I just realised a typo. Please read Eag(le)tac. Silly word-completion. Almost made the same mistake again.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:07:16 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply! Actually, I already ordered and received the Fenix LD05. Now that you mention the strobe comes there... without being "hidden" and that there's need to cycle through it.... I think I'm happy with my LD05 choice. Though the nextorch is certainly cheaper... and perhaps smaller/lighter.

Offline Muro

Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 07:20:25 PM
You're welcome. Good choice definitely, not easy to acquire nowadays...I wanted one last year, but there were too many things (flashlights, tools, knives) with a higher priority...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD