Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Megaman Blaster?

Cogito · 23 · 3022

us Offline Cogito

Megaman Blaster?
on: March 19, 2014, 01:28:28 AM
I want to keep some of my tools on my left arm sort of like a megaman blaster.  What materials do you guys think would hold up to salsmurfer as all the tools in the blaster would be rustproof.

Like is there a place I could get a custom blaster sheath made out of whatever G-shock makes their watch bands from.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Re: Megaman Blaster?
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:11 AM
 :rofl: Salsmurfer.....

I'm sorry.  I got nothing else to add......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Cogito

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:35:03 AM
As I am told the word s.a.l.t.w.a.t.e.r. contains slang for female anatomy and so the software automatically converts it to salsmurfer.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:37:53 AM
As I am told the word s.a.l.t.w.a.t.e.r. contains slang for female anatomy and so the software automatically converts it to salsmurfer.

You would be correct. I found that out a few months ago.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:56:22 AM
The G-shocjk Resin straps are made from injection molded Resin (Polyurethane based, IIRC).
It will be hard to find someone making only ONE shath, as they are made in high output injection mold machines which require big dollar tooling.
I am a bit lost what a Megaman Blaster sheath is - Can you explain what you are planning with a little more detail or soem example pics?

us Offline Romanoat

• Fixin' things in jersey...
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 04:03:09 PM
Don't smurf with Megaman...
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 72.18 KB)

us Offline Cogito

Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 10:45:40 PM
The G-shocjk Resin straps are made from injection molded Resin (Polyurethane based, IIRC).
It will be hard to find someone making only ONE shath, as they are made in high output injection mold machines which require big dollar tooling.
I am a bit lost what a Megaman Blaster sheath is - Can you explain what you are planning with a little more detail or soem example pics?

Like that but really chunky because there will be a knife in it and a whistle and other misc stuff :)

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55:55 PM
how bout the zorg zf-1
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 11:56:40 PM
Where's dat liddle puddy smurf?

Just checking, sorry!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:03:26 AM by kkokkolis »

us Offline Cogito

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 11:58:44 PM
I think to use space more effectively it would have to wrap around the arm instead of sit on top or underneath it.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:00:42 AM
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Cogito

Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 03:02:40 AM
:think:

How about starting with an archery arm brace/guard and adding some elastic loops and a small pouch?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petron-Adjustable-Protection-Armguard-Protector/dp/B00EJILP44

Lots of ideas/styles

https://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en-GB&biw=&bih=&q=archery+arm+brace&gbv=2&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=miwqU_DOMsLOygPjmoCACA&ved=0CCQQsAQ

That's definitely a move in the right direction!  I know that leather won't hold up to salt water because it will rot, but there is a possibility of titanium although it might be cost prohibitive.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:13:46 AM
Just thinking out loud, but why not getting a Leather arm guard that fits your needs and recreateit in Neoprene or Cordura or something the like?

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:17 AM
So it will have a wrissmurfch built in?    :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 12:09:20 PM
how bout the zorg zf-1
Lmao! Love that movie!

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 01:43:36 PM
Cogito, I'm curious as to why you want to put that much stuff on your wrist?

I can understand ease of access, but in my mind, the extra weight and bulk would outweigh the convenience.

It would also really stick out, along the lines of 'What's that on your wrist?'. I wouldn't want to be fielding those questions all day.

Personally, I like to keep my gear streamlined and concealed so that I have it, but it's not obvious or in the way.

I'm not trying to put your idea down, just trying to get my head around a very different carry concept to what I'm used to.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 06:58:42 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-CHIB0219-Magnetic-Wrist/dp/B0027AFGM8/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1395337272&sr=8-15&keywords=wrist+tool
http://www.amazon.com/MagnoGrip-311-090-Magnetic-Wristband/dp/B000WU9LCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395337246&sr=8-1&keywords=wrist+tool+belt
These things may fit the bill.

Now my question is have you thought about the details? A lot of factors here, tool retention, weight, etc... Will everything stay in place when your arm is raised above you head? Will tools be easy to remove? Will it cut circulation off to your hands once attached to your arm?
These are things to think about...

Now if your like me and want what you want then I'm thinking you may be needing something custom. Kydex would be a good material to start with as a base. Then maybe nylon retention straps with buckles or elastic...but again I'd go through the details and the details of the details first before spending a dollar. A little thought can save you lots of time and money.

I say go with a tiny tool pouch instead something like this...
http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-NPXL-03-01-Pock-Its-Utility/dp/B003PDNIIU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395337811&sr=8-4&keywords=nite+ize+tool

us Offline Cogito

Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 10:13:20 PM
Cogito, I'm curious as to why you want to put that much stuff on your wrist?

I can understand ease of access, but in my mind, the extra weight and bulk would outweigh the convenience.

It would also really stick out, along the lines of 'What's that on your wrist?'. I wouldn't want to be fielding those questions all day.

Personally, I like to keep my gear streamlined and concealed so that I have it, but it's not obvious or in the way.

I'm not trying to put your idea down, just trying to get my head around a very different carry concept to what I'm used to.

I agree it definitely is an unusual idea.  My belief is that certain tools are important to get out very quickly and so I've made a small list separating Quick draw tools from regular ones.

The tools that would most likely be in the Megaman blaster (quick draw tools) would be a small fixed blade knife, a small flashlight, a small pen, completely flat usb drives, a whistle, zip ties wrapped around the arm with those plastic nubs showing through so you could pull them out instantly, and on top of it will be a g-shock watch most likely.

This is more of a long term project and I think I could get the weight of the stuff to around 3-4oz not including the blaster sheath itself.

Other stuff like a multi-tool + accessories would have it's own bag/pocket.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
Can't believe noone has posted this yet

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 04:08:35 AM
SO Tech used to make a forearm tool carrier for EOD work in enclosed spaces. I don't know if they still do, it may be a special order item,
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Cogito

Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:08 AM
http://www.cobratactical.com/SOTech-Bomb-Techs-Tool-Rig-WristLEG--BTR-W_p_4226.html

Is that what you meant?  I feel like that doesn't look very slick though :(

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 01:57:58 PM
http://www.cobratactical.com/SOTech-Bomb-Techs-Tool-Rig-WristLEG--BTR-W_p_4226.html

Is that what you meant?  I feel like that doesn't look very slick though :(

That's a thigh rig. It goes on your upper leg. Don't know that it would make a great platform for a wrist rig.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:50 AM
You might be able to get creative with something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/BREATHABLE-manufactured-thickness-Breathable-additional/dp/B005Z14BMM  If you could get the padding out, it might make for a nice cavity for you to make your own pockets etc.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%