Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Beat up Gerber question

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Beat up Gerber question
on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:21 AM
Saw this ad, and figured for about 10 euros shipped I might snag it.
http://www.tocmai.ro/gerber-15723953.html

Have some questions for you though:
  • Never had a Gerber before. What is this? Looks like an MP600 BO if I look on the forums but...
  • It looks really bad (they say it was left out in the rain). Do you think warm bath+WD40+oiling will revive it?
  • I have a Leatherman Supertool lying around and I didn't want this to overlap too much with it. Do you reckon it is different enough in size and tools to warrant a purchase?

PS: I don't think it's a fake, they are selling it this cheap because it looks homely and they only marked it as Gerber
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Beat up Gerber question
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:22 AM
Buy it!

It's an EOD plier head,that makes it interesting. It is a MP600. It generally doesn't have the same tool load as a Supertool,usually fewer tools.

However,the flicky Gerber is a classic. It's tough,easy to strip...look for Lynn LeFaes recent thread on her rebuild. For ten euros,you can't say no!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:44:42 AM
Doesn't look like one of the fakes to me.  Yes it looks like it needs a bit of work, but I don't think it's beyond saving either.  For the money I'd say it's worth picking up. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:31:29 AM
I agree. Go for it. That is an MP600 EOD with C4 Spike. Doesn't look rusty at all. Looks like the BO is worn off.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:35:52 PM
Thank you all for the replies. Called him now... it seems he sold it yesterday...  :cry:
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 02:34:20 PM
Just weird how it's missing the locking tabs.... :think:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%