Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paladin PT-525

us Offline hrvstmn31

Paladin PT-525
on: March 28, 2014, 05:22:27 AM
I just picked one of these up I know where it came from what I don't know is the value of this thing and what the tools on it are used for.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Paladin PT-525
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:30 AM
I just picked one of these up I know where it came from what I don't know is the value of this thing and what the tools on it are used for.

They seem pretty popular on eBay, so bidding isoften enthusiastic.  To get the prices of recently sold ones use eBay's advanced search and specify "Sold Listings" to see those that were actually sold.

It was designed for "DataComm, Telecom and Electrical" usage, but like all SOG MTs it is easy to change the tools around.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08:35 AM
I've seen the PT-525's list from just under $100 USD to $140 USD.  As stated, they are for dedicated IT usage.  The 'punch-down' blade is the handiest bit for use on RJ 66 'wiring-blocks'.  Especially, when checking a no 'dial-tone' situation at a local, and your tools are at the other end of the building. :poh:
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:35:57 PM
I've seen the PT-525's list from just under $100 USD to $140 USD.  As stated, they are for dedicated IT usage.  The 'punch-down' blade is the handiest bit for use on RJ 66 'wiring-blocks'.  Especially, when checking a no 'dial-tone' situation at a local, and your tools are at the other end of the building. :poh:
Your avatar is just super scary...  :o :tu:
SAW

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 04:48:00 PM
the other punch down tool is required for network patch panels, and for me was a life saver (I did own a PT-540 for a while)

I wish I could get a leatherman with the 66 and the 110 punch down tools
If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24