Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PPCApache's MTO Challenge Coin designs

au Offline PPCAPache

PPCApache's MTO Challenge Coin designs
on: March 29, 2014, 02:13:22 AM
Here some early designs I have come up with, I just wanted a coin that was that a coin, no need to add tools to it as I carry MT's for that, I just want to be able to support the site and carry a coin as a cool reminder.

I started out with this design first but looked to busy, I thought about just having some holes were the 5 icons are to give it a different concept, if you really wanted tools then maybe 5 different sized Hex bit holes..

Then went for this one, I think we are "Always Be Prepared" so wanted to add the Latin translation, I am thinking on the back a simple MT.O logo..

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jace
Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

au Offline PPCAPache

Re: PPCApache's MTO Challenge Coin designs
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:21 AM
Held for new designs

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:14:24 AM by PPCAPache »

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:09:00 AM
I like the biohazard one. Very cool!

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:14:49 AM

that's us mobile

Thanks mate, I like the way it looks as well

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 01:13:34 PM
I wouldn't go the Leatherman image of any sort. If you wish to add a multitool image, I'd go with a generic one that can't be associated with any manufacturer and with all of them as we discuss and like various models from various manufacturers around here and wouldn't want to give any of them preference on the annual coin. Just my take on it. :cheers:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

that's us mobile
Trust me, there is nothing cool about bio-hazard, its mostly just goo and, in my experience, once its been autoclaved its very badly smelling goo.
Besides I see no connection between MT.O and bio-hazard (not everybody here is an unwashed brute :P) so I would rather go with something mechanical and/or tools.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 02:17:27 PM
I wouldn't go the Leatherman image of any sort. If you wish to add a multitool image, I'd go with a generic one that can't be associated with any manufacturer and with all of them as we discuss and like various models from various manufacturers around here and wouldn't want to give any of them preference on the annual coin. Just my take on it. :cheers:

When we started MTO we went to great lengths to create a generic looking tool for the logo for just that reason.  To some folks it looks like a sliding head Gerber, to others it looks like a PST or SuperTool, and yet others see a SOG when they look at it. 

I'm not saying that you have to use the MTO multitool in a design, but that kind of generic look would save a lot of copyright issues.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 05:58:10 AM

Only thing I could work with, tried to find a clip art one with just a generic shape couldn't find one  but any image could be put there..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline XenonRam

• New User
Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 03:06:45 PM
Here some early designs I have come up with, I just wanted a coin that was that a coin, no need to add tools to it as I carry MT's for that, I just want to be able to support the site and carry a coin as a cool reminder.

I started out with this design first but looked to busy, I thought about just having some holes were the 5 icons are to give it a different concept, if you really wanted tools then maybe 5 different sized Hex bit holes..

Then went for this one, I think we are "Always Be Prepared" so wanted to add the Latin translation, I am thinking on the back a simple MT.O logo..

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jace

Isn't it's Semper Paratus, or something like that?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%