Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

5.11 Rush 72

Pacu · 7 · 1875

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
5.11 Rush 72
on: April 08, 2014, 03:15:55 AM
Just ordered a 5.11 tactical rush 72 for work. I like my moab 10 so much I thought why not?

Plus the 10 clips to the 72 for more carry options.  Their stuff is bombproof.  My moab 10 has been to Chicago 3 times, Mississippi 2 times, Louisiana more times than I can count and it keeps on a truckin.

The 72 is gonna be my laptop, files, and such carry bag for edc.

pics when I get it
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Pacu

Re: 5.11 Rush 72
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:05:01 AM

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:54 PM
That's quite a big one. :o

What will you be using it for, camping or just a travel bag?

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:36 PM
This indeed looks big. Could you take a picture when you loaded it up?
I was looking at the Rush 24, but at the moment I don't have the need (And I don't have the means, either  :( ). Is this the tan version?

us Offline Pacu

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 01:51:45 AM
it's labeled sandstone .  I bought it for toting some paperwork, my corporate laptop, and cables. Plus anything else I throw at it. It lays pretty flat if you don't fill it up for less bulky travel ..but has plenty room to expand. I'm a big guy so it's not so big on me.

I can attach my moab 10 to it for extended carry options with their connection system.

us Offline Rux

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:58:01 PM
I've been considering one of their Rush backpacks. No need for it this very moment, possibly changing jobs later this year which would call for different carry.

Please, show pictures of inside organization when you get a chance. I currently use a 5.11 Side Trip briefcase for my EDC. Good for its purpose, which is a bit more professionalism for my current line of work but I prefer a backpack over anything. Easier and more comfortable for transport.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 10:52:11 PM
Rush update - My Moab 10 survived monsoon season at Disneyworld earlier this year. Was not too bad and not uncomfortable carrying around water bottles, umbrellas, and other loose items. Small enough to fit in the rides without cramping me. After the constant downpour i could feel it getting a bit heavier due to water drowning the fabric. The main pocket stayed dry but the top pocket was waterlogged. If you are going to be in wet weather i suggest putting the contents into a dry bag, ziploc just in case. Especially if you are using it as a camera bag.

The Rush 72 has held up extremely well under daily use at work. Lots of pockets to reign in my chargers, papers, laptop, energy drinks. Bag has gone with me to Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Delaware, New jersey, Austin, Atlanta, and next up Dallas.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD