Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Canadian Spyderco traders/buyers/sellers out there?

ca Offline scorpion008

• I travel Light: Wave with a pocket clip
Canadian Spyderco traders/buyers/sellers out there?
on: April 09, 2014, 02:54:26 AM
I'm from Ottawa (*gasp* so much personal info) and I am wondering if any of you lived in Ottawa and are interested in doing business with Spyderco knives. I am looking for LNIB or better Techno or G-10 Manbug. My (very) modest collecting thus far consists of a Para 2 and FRN Manbug. Any other locals out there to be found on here? I am looking to switch up my collection either through buying or trading so all offers welcome!

P.S. Shoutout to Toolslinger, a local member whom I have already had the pleasure of doing business with. He is a real stand-up guy!

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Re: Canadian Spyderco traders/buyers/sellers out there?
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:53:56 AM
As Grant already said, you should check out Caledon2 on Ebay, or just drive to S&R Knives.
Leatherman

ca Offline scorpion008

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:19:03 AM
I wish. I don't have a car and it would take me 6 hours to bus there. I'm a poor university student. :( :-[ :cry:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:49 PM
Ive bought a few from https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/ but I really dont know if their prices are good or not.  I mostly buy from ebay.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:30:42 PM
Yeah I usually buy everything from the US. It's much cheaper that way.  Even though our dollars have been more or less at par with the US dollar for years we still get the joy of paying around 30% more than the US for most consumer goods.

I'm not that big a fan of the government that I'm willing to give them that big a tip.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:35:35 PM
Yep I gave up trying to find a place to buy Vics in Canada, the prices are rediculous.  Getting them from US dealers like Tim is the way to go.

Although once in a while canadian tire has sales on swiss champs which make them a reasonable option.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:39:42 PM
Yeah, once in a while!

MEC occasionally has reasonable prices on things too.   I've bought a few things from them in the past.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline scorpion008

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 03:52:14 PM
What's the best price you have seen on either a Techno or G-10 Manbug? I saw them on Amazon for cheapish ($160 and $60 resp.) but I emailed one of the sellers and they said they won't ship to Canada DESPITE showing international shipping rates and letting my order make it all the way to the final checkout (at which point I quit the order). Is this how they all are? I don't want to buy from ebay because those sellers are very unpredictable. I like SRknives (thus Caledon2on ebay) and Warriors and wonders, but I don't think their prices are all that "amazing". Not msrp but I can tell americans and deal hunters get much better ones. I want to know how I can get those prices without driving around (aka crossing the border). Can Americans legally ship knives over here?

Lastly. I have a NIB Para 2, which I have finally decided is too "sketch(y)" for me (according to several friends) and I have no hard use cases to set it apart from my Manbug. So where and how can I sell it? I tried kijiji for $120 and still no bites. Is this too much? I though these knives (Para2's) were the most in demand of all of them.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:50 PM
Yes they can legally ship knives.  I won't comment any further as I have real issues with cross border purchases.  Suffice it to say there are enough US based members here who will usually ship something on to you without an issue.

Def

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:18 PM
When I used to buy them, I buy from newgraham.com. In comments ask for USPS 1st class and they'll ship in a cardboard box and charge you at cost. Price isn't the cheapest US wise, but service is excellent and no hassle. I haven't bought any knives in a year or two now though so I don't know if anything has changed.

Occasionally SR knives on ebay has a few good deals that's comparable with US price.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:04:49 PM by jzmtl »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 01:04:40 AM
I just got the Raptor and OHT from them. The OHT was about average price but the Raptor was cheaper than I'd seen it from anywhere else so I couldn't help myself.

Def

ca Offline pyro875

• Sak in my pocket, Leatherman on my hip
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 05:17:58 AM
I have one that is like nib condition, carried 3 times and never cut anything with it. About the only things I'd part with it for is a domino or a benchmade 940 in black handle. Warriors and wonders as well as amazon have a good selection of sydies. I recall I got my techno on sale just after Christmas from ww for a good price

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%