Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit in a Sardine Can.

Chako · 10 · 2061

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit in a Sardine Can.
on: April 12, 2014, 01:42:04 AM
I bought two of these kits online, one to dissect, the other to keep pristine. Asides from the interesting tie in with Zombies, I decided to get these as a representative of this type of survival kit. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened it. I did get a good laugh once I saw the whistle however. More on that later.

My 2 Zombie friends were excited to see a kit designed to survive against them. They wanted me to open one up right quick.

I somehow believe they think there are brains in there.

I had to shoo them away as they were starting to drool on everything. Here is a closeup of the Sardine Can back label.

Now it is time to open one up and see what is inside...

Now this is a bit odd. Inside, once I got past the mini zip-lock bag, I spied the whistle. Now come on...seriously? This thing looks like it should belong in a carnival dime shop. I was puzzled at the stick on the back end...but quickly found out it is one of those whistles that you can change pitch. What the Hey!  :rofl:  This is not something I would stake my life on at first glance. I tried it and failed miserably until I pushed that rod all the way in at which point the whistle was loud and clear, but for how long. This toy does not give one confidence that is for sure.

Some food stuff in here as well. A stick of bubblegum, a little piece of a Tootsie Roll, a small package of sugar, salt, and one tea bag.

There is the smallest button style compass that is not liquid dampened...yep another cheap confidence builder item here. You also get one fishing hook, a spoon of black waxed thread, a razor blade, a pencil, a small fire starter cub, a book of regular matches (don't get these wet), a paperclip, piece of Duct tape, and a single bandage, ointment packet, alcohol prep pad, and 2 aminofen tablets.  Of course, can't forget the instructions. One side lists all the items and the various uses you can put them towards, the other side is the first aid instructions along with a blank section for notes. Oh, can't forget the can itself as a container, cooking vessel, finger lacerator,

How do I feel about this kit you may wonder? Well I wanted to try a sardine can type survival kit. The biggest con about this type of packaging, once it is open, you can't close it again. It is a one shot deal. On the plus side, the interior should be waterproof until you need this kit. With that said, I much prefer the Altoids type kits.

Not my ideal survival kit. There is a lot I would change and some things I would add...but that is a bit hard when the whole thing comes sealed. In my opinion, you are better off building your own kit rather than purchasing these.

So there you have it, another Survival Kit mini review.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:46:50 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit in a Sardine Can.
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:08 PM
Wow. This looks like it is intended for the big Zombie Uprising of Halloween 2014! But then they put some medicine in there, so you can't give it to your kid for the Tree House Survival Cache™.

Thank you for the review, Chako, but no, just no! What were they thinking?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:17:56 PM
No clue. I do know that if I was to buy one pre-made, I would open one to see what is inside. In an emergency setting, that slide whistle would make me think...oh God, we are all dead!  :rofl:

Not to mention the dangers inherent in sardine cans...sharp lacerating edges.   :facepalm:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:44:05 PM
at least you get a tootsie roll
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:29:23 PM
The whistle is very....cute? :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:18 PM
Yes, that whistle made the whole survival kit worth it in my humble opinion.  :rofl:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:28:28 PM
  No condom??    :facepalm:

what were they thinking  :ahhh
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40:51 PM
Yeah, you need a condom. You wouldn't want to have unprotected maritals with a zombie!

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 04:40:30 AM
All I can say is WOW :facepalm: That whistle is something else :D Not a terrible kit but not the best by any standard either ::) Thanks for sharing the link to this :salute: :cheers:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:55 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24