Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Long overdue introduction from GA

us Offline MGill

on: May 09, 2014, 07:27:50 AM
Hey folks,

I've been meaning to do this for a while and just haven't taken the time to do it. My apologies.

Let me first say I absolutely love the site. I've been lurking for quite some time now. And I finally decided to join a couple months ago. I figure it's high time I introduce myself.

A little about me. I am the definition of an average joe. I am married to the most smoking hot woman that I've ever seen.(dumb luck I guess) I am also the proud father of two beautiful children. A 3 year old little girl who is gonna break a whole lot of hearts when she grows up. And a 1 year old son who has his daddy wrapped around his little fingers. I work at a paper mill in South Ga. It's a great job and I really love going to work everyday. I bought my first LM tool (a Blast) probably 4 or 5 years ago. And have been hooked ever since. Lately I've really been into vintage LM's and I've been buying them up every chance I get. I have accrued a small collection of tools that appeal to me. I have nothing on some of you guys but it's a decent collection and I am proud of it. I EDC a Charge ALX and a Crunch. I guess you could say these two are my favorite tools. I guess that's about it. Thanks for reading and thanks for allowing me to hang out.

Cheers,
MGill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline Dexter

Re: Long overdue introduction from GA
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:49 AM
Welcome. Be sure to share some pictures...

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

au Online gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:05:40 AM
Welcome to "official" MTo membership.   :cheers: 

Which old MTs are you particularly keen on ?  I like the old PSTs, Schrades (USA not China) and Gerber "Mr Pinchy's' (old Multi-Pliers).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:54:02 AM
There's nothing wrong with a small collection- every collection was small at one point!

Welcome to "official" MTo membership.   :cheers: 

Which old MTs are you particularly keen on ?  I like the old PSTs, Schrades (USA not China) and Gerber "Mr Pinchy's' (old Multi-Pliers).

Those are indeed the classics!  Everyone needs at least one of each of those.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:22:02 PM
Where in south Georgia are you located and what paper mill? I'm in Baxley and closest we have is Rayonier in Jesup.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:26:54 PM
Welcome aboard!!  :cheers:  Yes, please feel free to share pics of your collection (we love pics here!!).  We have picture threads for just about everything. :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:52 PM
Hello!!
Where gonna need some pics. :)

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 04:47:19 PM
Welcome, I think the older LMs just have that certain appeal.  I too am a huge fan of them myself and have a hard time passing up on a PST, JPST, and have grown very fond of the Juice line.  Good luck with your hunting down the older beauties.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 05:37:38 PM
Welcome  :multi:
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 06:32:09 PM
Welcome  :cheers:

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
Welcome aboard, neighbor!  I'm in Jax FL :cheers:
SAW

us Offline MGill

Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:26 PM
@ Dexter I am gonna have to work on the pics. My iphone camera lens has most definitely seen better days. But if I upgrade my phone and sign a new contract I loose my unlimited data plan.(stupid Verizon) With as much time as I spend on here I won't have any money to buy new tools. Although considering my bride is a photographer I need to put her to work with some collection photos.

@gregozedobe I am a hardcore LM junky. I am very loyal in all honesty I've never owned any other MT that was worth it's weight in salt. Maybe I've just had bad luck. I have always loved the concept of a MT, and had all but given up on them as a whole until i tried LM. I love old PST's, Mini Tools, JPST's, Flairs, and Super Tools. I only lack a Flair and a JPST to have the original set. I recently picked up the most immaculate PST circa 1984 that I have ever laid eyes on. I love the new stuff too. I am in search of a BO Surge at a decent price and have been for some time. Hopefully I will acquire one in the next month or so.

@David Bowen I am on the coast in Brunswick. And I work at Interstate Paper in Riceboro. My brother actually works at Rayonier. As a matter of fact I grew up in Jesup. So we were neighbors for 25 years or so. Too bad MTO didn't exist back then. :(

@ Sawman we really are neighbors I am in Brunswick. The wife and I do a lot of our shopping in Jax. We head down to SAMs club at least once a month. And that Gander Mtn. at the airport exit is less than 50 miles from my house. And that's just too close not to run down there for the afternoon.

It's been a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. I feel right at home amongst a bunch of weirdos like y'all. I actually believe that I may be one of the weirder ones here so I fit right in. :) Thank y'all for the open arms welcome. I look forward to many years of MT happiness.

Cheers,
MGill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hr Online enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:17 PM
Very nice introduction, and an official welcome to :MTO:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:45 AM
Welcome to MTO!
Leatherman

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 04:49:48 PM
Welcome from Alabama! Great intro!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline David

Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 12:48:22 AM
Howdy!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 08:21:54 AM
Welcome from Australia!  :cheers:
darren

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00