Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)

Zed · 1272 · 107996

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)
Reply #240 on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:43 PM

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #241 on: February 16, 2016, 02:28:33 AM

england Offline macabee

Reply #242 on: March 27, 2016, 03:02:52 PM
I have the S/S MP600 with the remgrit blade, needle nose plier head, no scissors, this was a set with the torch. I also have the BO 'Bladeless' to comply with UK knife laws. :multi:
_XP24763_2.jpg
* _XP24763_2.jpg (Filesize: 294.02 KB)
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #243 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:23 PM
I have the S/S MP600 with the remgrit blade, needle nose plier head, no scissors, this was a set with the torch. I also have the BO 'Bladeless' to comply with UK knife laws. :multi:

How are you finding the bladeless? I'm a bit of a fan of it :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

england Offline macabee

Reply #244 on: March 27, 2016, 04:06:47 PM

How are you finding the bladeless? I'm a bit of a fan of it :tu:

I do like it, it has scissors instead and the Remgrit saw, at least I can carry as an EDC safe in the knowledge that I am 'legal'
My only gripe was with the BO finish I had to give a little wipe with a cloth dabbed with a bit of surgical spirit, as the BO came of on my hands at first.

What I like about the entire MP600 range is the simplicity of the tool range, a good solid tool, which as has been quoted previously the AK47 of multitools

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #245 on: May 15, 2016, 09:42:52 AM
Has anybody gotten the MP600 Bladeless yet? I was just cruising around on Gerber's site and saw it listed. Anyways, pretty cool move on Gerber's part, good for travel (probably) and should be legal in UK etc...

http://www.gerbergear.com/Industrial/Tools/MP600-Bladeless_30-000952

I was going to make a new thread but since I am at work, the restrictions the gov't puts on our network won't allow me to.

I honestly had no idea these existed. Very cool!  :tu:

Maybe this is the push Leatherman needs to make a bladeless Rebar.  :whistle:

they do its called the EDC Rebar

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #246 on: May 15, 2016, 09:55:52 AM
Has anybody gotten the MP600 Bladeless yet? I was just cruising around on Gerber's site and saw it listed. Anyways, pretty cool move on Gerber's part, good for travel (probably) and should be legal in UK etc...

http://www.gerbergear.com/Industrial/Tools/MP600-Bladeless_30-000952

I was going to make a new thread but since I am at work, the restrictions the gov't puts on our network won't allow me to.

I honestly had no idea these existed. Very cool!  :tu:

Maybe this is the push Leatherman needs to make a bladeless Rebar.  :whistle:
they do its called the EDC Rebar

Easy tiger, the Knifeless Rebar wasn't leaked until late 2015 so...

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #247 on: May 18, 2016, 10:06:26 PM
Not sure if I had joined previously, but  I'm in with MP600D

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #248 on: May 19, 2016, 02:50:38 AM
Not sure if I had joined previously, but  I'm in with MP600D

Very cool :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline ZoeTooCute

Reply #249 on: July 01, 2016, 07:29:29 PM
Just got my first two gerbers about a week ago and I love them. Got the MP600 Bladeless and the PC multi-tasker. personally, im enjoying the PC way more. Those shears are freaking incredible. I started screwing around seeing what all it could cut like butter (which is basically everything) and I ended up putting some slices in my partners shoes... uh oh :< but seriously! like butter! also the s shaped design is awesome cause i like that i can open the knife without opening the whole tool. as well as the file and saw. the mp600 is nice but at the moment i seem to have more gripes than compliments it seems. mostly since i got it to be the base for my custom modded edc tool.  (although the PC may end up that format as well!)
    My gripes on the mp600 bladeless. Idk whats up but i cannot "flick" it open for the life of me.. I have tried endlessly, and im sure at this point its fairly broken in. it seems I can quite be sqeezing the handles when i flick but i cant push them open a little before i flick either.. it has to be "JUST A TEENY TINY BIT more open than all the way closed tight" for it to actually slide open.. and even then i still havent managed to get it to actually flick open.. any thoughts or suggestions? bad batch? can i fix it?
thats my biggest complaint... other than that.. the remgrit saw sucks ass... i dont know what it is supposed to saw but its freaking huge.. looks like its covered in sandpaper goop way too much of it. lastly none of the tools open easily at all i have to damn near pry them open and open all the tools on that side to get the one i need. too tight i guess.
The PC on the other hand.. also cant get it to flick but it seems like thats just cause its really tight. lets see... the file falls off easy when you open it.. oh and its tools are even tighter and harder to open. idk maybe i am just a weakling but is there any fixes for this at all anyone knows of? any suggestions?  not a huge fan of the PC saw or knife either if some can reccomend a good upgrade to mod on for both been searching but cant figure what the best bet to buy is..
 Anyway all in all I'm definetly proud and happy i went the gerber route.. i plan to get more soon too i love them! :D
DSC_0053.JPG
* DSC_0053.JPG (Filesize: 113.92 KB)
DSC_0054.JPG
* DSC_0054.JPG (Filesize: 106.07 KB)
DSC_0058.JPG
* DSC_0058.JPG (Filesize: 119.86 KB)
DSC_0059.JPG
* DSC_0059.JPG (Filesize: 17.99 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #250 on: July 01, 2016, 07:54:30 PM
Just got my first two gerbers about a week ago and I love them. Got the MP600 Bladeless and the PC multi-tasker. personally, im enjoying the PC way more. Those shears are freaking incredible. I started screwing around seeing what all it could cut like butter (which is basically everything) and I ended up putting some slices in my partners shoes... uh oh :< but seriously! like butter! also the s shaped design is awesome cause i like that i can open the knife without opening the whole tool. as well as the file and saw. the mp600 is nice but at the moment i seem to have more gripes than compliments it seems. mostly since i got it to be the base for my custom modded edc tool.  (although the PC may end up that format as well!)
    My gripes on the mp600 bladeless. Idk whats up but i cannot "flick" it open for the life of me.. I have tried endlessly, and im sure at this point its fairly broken in. it seems I can quite be sqeezing the handles when i flick but i cant push them open a little before i flick either.. it has to be "JUST A TEENY TINY BIT more open than all the way closed tight" for it to actually slide open.. and even then i still havent managed to get it to actually flick open.. any thoughts or suggestions? bad batch? can i fix it?
thats my biggest complaint... other than that.. the remgrit saw sucks ass... i dont know what it is supposed to saw but its freaking huge.. looks like its covered in sandpaper goop way too much of it. lastly none of the tools open easily at all i have to damn near pry them open and open all the tools on that side to get the one i need. too tight i guess.
The PC on the other hand.. also cant get it to flick but it seems like thats just cause its really tight. lets see... the file falls off easy when you open it.. oh and its tools are even tighter and harder to open. idk maybe i am just a weakling but is there any fixes for this at all anyone knows of? any suggestions?  not a huge fan of the PC saw or knife either if some can reccomend a good upgrade to mod on for both been searching but cant figure what the best bet to buy is..
 Anyway all in all I'm definetly proud and happy i went the gerber route.. i plan to get more soon too i love them! :D

Glad you like yours, I love my PC more than any of my MPs too! Perfect for gardening chores and cutting small branches and twigs.

It is hefty, though, and quite thick.

The file is so easy to take off because it is supposed to be handy and quickly usable to sharpen the shears/scissors and put it back into place. IIRC its main purpose is quick sharpening of the tool itself.

The knife blade can be opened fast and closed rapidly, something I really appreciate. Mine opens easy and smooth.

The saw is indeed a bit crappy
The pliers are weird but stronger than they appear. I've put mine through tough jobs and they did just well.

In my opinion, it has one of the best designs and concepts out there, but a relatively poor execution and attention to detail.

Phillips is compatible with Gerber and LM bit driver/extender, which is also a big plus to me.  :tu:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #251 on: July 01, 2016, 08:17:28 PM

The Multi-Tasker isn't a Gerber. You also can't flick it because it locks in the closed position. You'll notice it has notches at the bottom as well as the top. The bottle and can opener on mine are nearly impossible to deploy, but the rest of the tools are alright.

As for why you can't flick the MP600.. You probably just need to work on your technique.Gerber's manuals suggest grasping one handle, but I use the same method as Gareth;

That's a Diesel, but it works on all my MP models.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #252 on: July 10, 2016, 04:38:39 AM
I need to get a pic of mine in here so I can join the 600 club :D

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #253 on: July 10, 2016, 07:59:12 AM

Yes you do. What are you waiting for, Ponch?  :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #254 on: July 10, 2016, 04:08:23 PM

Yes you do. What are you waiting for, Ponch?  :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok:

:shrug:

I will try and get one this evening ;) :D

england Offline macabee

Reply #255 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:34 PM

Update: The MP600 family has increased!spot the interloper BTW the bladeless is on vacation
Lr5-1 2.jpg
* Lr5-1 2.jpg (Filesize: 187.56 KB)

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #256 on: July 10, 2016, 05:19:54 PM
Just chiming in here as this continues to be a most excellent and reliable piece of gear. Trust me if it weren't so darn awesome I wouldn't tugg it around on my belt :tu: :tu:
SAW

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #257 on: July 10, 2016, 10:52:47 PM
Congrats on the new MP!

They are rigtfully called the AK47s of multitools. Rough, but tough enough :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #258 on: July 11, 2016, 02:59:48 AM
Here is my MP600 and my MP400 together in a couple pics :cheers:

us Offline thatotherguy

Reply #259 on: July 23, 2016, 02:20:24 AM
It took me a day or two to get used to flicking open my 600 Bladeless. I found I was wrapping my hand around both handles and accidentally squeezing the handles together to keep it from flying across the room, which causes the pliers head to bind part of the way out (where depends on how hard you're squeezing the handles). Try just holding one handle on the sides, pinched between the thumb and fingers, and flick harder than you'd think you'd need to. You won't hurt it, and you'll be able to refine your technique as you go along.

The Remgrit can be replaced with a normal saw blade of your choice, provided the saw blade you choose is a jigsaw blade with a "universal" U-shank with the hole in it, and not a holeless U-shank or a Bosch type T-shank. In other words, if the end going into the blade holder matches the Remgrit, it'll fit in the Gerber tool.

As for the Multitasker being tight, try giving it a liberal dose of a light oil (I'm partial to 3-in-1 but it isn't food safe- mineral oil works as well, and is food safe) and work the blades a bit to work the oil into the moving parts. That should help a bit, at least.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #260 on: July 23, 2016, 02:37:29 AM
Flicking takes time and skill, grasshopper. :) grab both handle ends without pinching the ends together, and use your wrist. It will pop open fairly easily. Shortly, you will become one of us. One of us. One of us...... :assimilate:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #261 on: July 23, 2016, 03:38:34 AM
The flicky action is fun and satisfying in a way :multi:
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

Reply #262 on: July 23, 2016, 04:15:59 AM
It really doesnt matter how you open the pliers - it's a super reliable design and a superior tool :tu:
SAW

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #263 on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:25 AM
Hmm, might as well join this club!

I received my MP600, I think it is the Pro Scout model??, for free earlier this year.  I bought a Skeletool CX from a guy on eBay. He forgot to include the second flat screwdriver bit.  When he sent it, he also sent me the MP600 below.  For free!

He did mention a problem with the knife blade...it is in bad shape.  I just tossed it into the back of my multi tool/knife drawer and forgot about it.

I recently got a Leatherman OHT and really love it.  That got me to thinking about the Gerber...so I have been playing with it a bit. I am a loooong time Leatherman guy, so this is new ground for me.

I am going to start carrying it to work just to get used to it. I could use some help with that knife blade though!!  LOL

This is much easier to flik open than my OHT!

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5817056ed1803/VID_20161031_044654.mp4

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #264 on: October 31, 2016, 10:05:55 AM
Hmm, might as well join this club!

I received my MP600, I think it is the Pro Scout model??, for free earlier this year.  I bought a Skeletool CX from a guy on eBay. He forgot to include the second flat screwdriver bit.  When he sent it, he also sent me the MP600 below.  For free!

He did mention a problem with the knife blade...it is in bad shape.  I just tossed it into the back of my multi tool/knife drawer and forgot about it.

I recently got a Leatherman OHT and really love it.  That got me to thinking about the Gerber...so I have been playing with it a bit. I am a loooong time Leatherman guy, so this is new ground for me.

I am going to start carrying it to work just to get used to it. I could use some help with that knife blade though!!  LOL

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

This is much easier to flik open than my OHT!

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5817056ed1803/VID_20161031_044654.mp4

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's it, also my newest MP600!   :cheers:

I've had it for two months now and it is the smoothest opening Gerber I've had, it is so fun to play with.

The tool config. is perfect for me, and I got it mainly for the scissors + exchangeable saw blades option. The steel in the blade takes a really fine and sharp edge very quickly so I guess it'll be easy to reprofile. I would take it over the OHT to be honest, if only it had a OHO blade.

It's now my 2nd favorite MP after the Blunt Nosed one. Enjoy yours too  :tu:
My toys:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #265 on: November 08, 2016, 02:18:41 AM
I've had mine for about a month now, and love it! Already dropped it on solid concrete, and didn't do a thing to it. Go Gerber!!!!! :salute:
DSCN0044.JPG
* DSCN0044.JPG (Filesize: 255.15 KB)
Send In the spartans

Offline jday2727

Reply #266 on: November 29, 2016, 03:47:56 AM
In again with my new BN. Sent my older model in to warranty and just got this in today. It feels a lot beefier than the older model.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

IMG_20161128_194608.jpg
* IMG_20161128_194608.jpg (Filesize: 48.94 KB)

us Offline sawman

Reply #267 on: November 29, 2016, 06:45:46 AM
That's a BEAUTIFUL tool my friend!

My absolute favorite although I have a couple fave's :D
IMG_0414.JPG
* IMG_0414.JPG (Filesize: 225.85 KB)
SAW

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #268 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:40 PM

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #269 on: December 18, 2016, 07:55:36 PM
That's a beauty there Clown.  :drool:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%