Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Worst Situation Where Your Rescue Knife Has Act As Your Lifesaver

dipti · 12 · 3540

us Offline dipti

Which is your worst situation where you have used your rescue knife or any situation where you feel like your rescue knife has act as your life saviour.

Thank god till now I have not faced such a challenging situation where my knife will act as my lifesaver  :D but I definitely need it
in almost all daily activities. The aim of creating this thread is to know more deadliest usage of this category knife.
My never ending love for tomahawks

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Welcome to MT.O and I'll do your first reply for you. In early 2009 I used a small fixed blade CRKT to cut myself out of my own seatbelt of my Police k9 unit (2008 Tahoe) after I rolled it 3 times then flipped it once. In 23 years of LE and having worked hundreds of crashes I can tell you that it was most certainly a fatality crash. Nevertheless me and my k9 survived, mostly due to his well built kennel not allowing the roof to collapse any further on us.

That CRKT stayed on the front of my duty belt daily, just left of my TAZER. It was positioned for a left hand draw to defend against a potential 'gun grab" by a bad guy where my right hand would be busy trying to keep my Kimber secured in it's holster. In fact that crash is how I found MTO. I was on injury leave for about 3 weeks and had a laptop, and lots of Percoset. Soon packages began arriving that I didn't really remember ordering... :rofl:

Picture this conversation and you'll get the idea:
Girlfriend: Is that a new sniper rifle? And don't you already have two for your work?
Me: Yes it is, and speaking of more, hand me some more Percoset.
Anyway, random packages arrived off and on for several months, long after I had gone back on duty. Strangely though they stopped arriving when I ran out of Percoset and money. :whistle:

I hadn't joined the forum then and hadn't told this story. While I wish the wreck hadn't happened, it did lead me here where I have met some of the finest people to ever walk the earth. Enjoy your time here.
Stew and k9 partner "Bo"

PS. Due to all the injury time off I lurked here a lot but to see the post where I joined, search the name Logan Luka and read the story and responses. Those responses are why I became a part of this family. :salute:
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline dipti

Hi scattergun13,

Thank You so much for contributing to my post and I am sorry for replying so late. Firstly hats off to your CRKT because it really helped you in getting out of your Police k9 unit  :D indeed thank god the kennel was strong enough that it didn't collapsed. But I didn't understood the connection of getting the random orders that you have mentioned in your 10th sentence?? Well I must say that you had a great adventurous fun with your CRKT knife. I had a friend of mine who was same like you but I don't remember what exactly knife he was carrying. 

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Hi dipti. The connection is that while I was off on injury leave and taking pain meds I ordered all sorts of random crap off the internet that I thought I needed. Some of it I did and some I didn't. :drink:
Stew...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:04:20 PM by scattergun13 »

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Very well played Sir. Thank you...
Stew...

us Offline dipti

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=35691.0

Hi Millhouse

I didn't understand the purpose of posting the above link?  :)

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=35691.0

Hi Millhouse

I didn't understand the purpose of posting the above link?  :)
He was posting the link to the first post I ever made here. The one I referenced earlier in my story. Also just a side note, I did a quick test for someone a couple of weeks ago reference the keychain res-q-tool. I shattered 3 car windows with the tool and didn't notice any difference between hitting the window from the inside or the outside. I did notice that it functioned much better if you punched the window glass 4 times. Once in each corner seems to be most effective.
Stew...

00 Offline AaronX

Also just a side note, I did a quick test for someone a couple of weeks ago reference the keychain res-q-tool. I shattered 3 car windows with the tool and didn't notice any difference between hitting the window from the inside or the outside. I did notice that it functioned much better if you punched the window glass 4 times. Once in each corner seems to be most effective.

Do you know if it works underwater? I was thinking this may be an advantage of spring-loaded over, say, a glass-breaker tip.

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Sorry for the delay aaron. I have not tested it underwater but I would agree with you that in theory it should work better than something requiring more movement and momentum. I'm going to assume that the results will be the same underwater. Maybe even better than,say, a life hammer...
Stew.

00 Offline AaronX

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it could have saved a few lives, say in the Korean ferry disaster.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it could have saved a few lives, say in the Korean ferry disaster.

I think usually windows on ships will be much thicker, stronger than car windows, so I kinda doubt it, honestly.

Besides, often, ship windows won't be large enough to fit people, so breaking them will only help get the ship down faster ;)
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%