Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge/Wave/Skele Tweezers without modding

au Offline aussieman

Charge/Wave/Skele Tweezers without modding
on: June 11, 2014, 05:43:08 AM
When is a mod not even a mod?

Moving to the amazing Charge TTi, the only thing I miss from my old SAK is the tweezers.

But I noticed there is room for some, if you stow them in next to the saw. I got a set of 6 for $4 (I figure I will lose a few)

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Tweezers 6 small Genuine ( :rofl:) Replacement New OEM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Tweezers-6-small-Genuine-Replacement-New-OEM-/360951668736?

Nom nom nom... saw is hungry.

Pinch in here, then rotate flush...

It sits amazingly well - flush enough to not catch on things, but easy to get out with a thumbnail.

Fits perfectly. I had to pull the tweezers apart a bit to make a firmer fit, but so far I haven't lost any in the first week, carrying it in my pocket. Haven't tested on a Wave, but looking on photos it should work.

Personally I believe those amazing designers at Leatherman intended this all along.  :cheers:
A warning - they can pop out and go flying as you take it out, so get a firm hold, and mind you don't cop one in the eye. :facepalm:

Ok, for a finale, lets try the Skeletool. Not as good as the Charge, but two places I can see.

If you don't use the pocket clip, this fits, but is pretty lame - no firm hold, it will slip out easily.

This is better.

Very snug in there, plenty of room, and does not obstruct the closing of the tool.

Not as good for me as the Charge - I use the pliers a lot more than the saw. But still worth a try.

Now my little girls are a lot happier to let me remove splinters with tweezers instead of scary pliers. WAF* is much higher.

* Wife Acceptance Factor

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Charge/Wave/Skele Tweezers without modding
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:14 PM
My Skeletool already has tweezers...

...oh wait, those are the pliers.  :facepalm:

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 04:07:08 PM
I like this! I might even try it with my Wave  >:D
SAW

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:34 PM
Good one !!!

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:44 PM
That works great!

au Offline aussieman

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:58:18 PM
Glad you likey. :cheers:

Now I am just having fun stuffing tweezers into anything I can get my hands on.

Add the Wingman. Heaps of space in there. As Hannibal lecter would say... rooomy.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:58:47 PM
Glad you likey. :cheers:

Now I am just having fun stuffing tweezers into anything I can get my hands on.

Add the Wingman. Heaps of space in there. As Hannibal lecter would say... rooomy.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Been a long time since I've seen those movies.

What are you gonna do when it's your Leatherman on the slab?

SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 03:36:52 AM
This is a neat trick man, thanks :salute:  I'm gonna have to give it a try.
K-Tibbs

us Offline Halligan Man

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 08:02:58 AM
Hello,

I don't post on here much at all, but I like to read through the forum pretty regularly and just happened to stumble onto this post.

I too wish my Wave had tweezers, and the other day I noticed that there was some room next to the saw and a slot where the adjustable lanyard used to be on my Wave. So I grabbed some SAK tweezers and slid them into the slot. Great fit, but the square head stuck out of the end of the tool. I tried to carve the square plastic head to better lay against the curved end of the Wave, but I completely mangled the tweezers.

I was about to give up hope of having tweezers on my Wave, but then remembered that my Leatherman Squirt S4 had tweezers. And to my surprise, they fit perfectly. Completely flush with the tool as if they were made for it. And snug too. I've included some photos. Hope this is helpful.
20141018_195318.jpg
* 20141018_195318.jpg (Filesize: 160.8 KB)
20141018_195354.jpg
* 20141018_195354.jpg (Filesize: 153.29 KB)
20141018_195516.jpg
* 20141018_195516.jpg (Filesize: 195.49 KB)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:41:07 AM
Wenger tweezers have a similar folded metal end on them too. Not got any to hand so I'm not sure if they slope the right way.

I do have a Dime here and it looks like those tweezers would fit.

HOORAY. something the Dime is good for.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:44:35 AM by PTRSAK »

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 01:41:40 PM
Now, where to stuff the tooth pick :D. I have been brain storming about tweezers and a toothpick on a lm for a while, that's awesome man. I was thinking about trying to make a hole in the scales like on the style cs, but don't want to guinea pig any of my tools :-\ so this is great

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 02:01:19 PM
Hello,

I don't post on here much at all, but I like to read through the forum pretty regularly and just happened to stumble onto this post.

I too wish my Wave had tweezers, and the other day I noticed that there was some room next to the saw and a slot where the adjustable lanyard used to be on my Wave. So I grabbed some SAK tweezers and slid them into the slot. Great fit, but the square head stuck out of the end of the tool. I tried to carve the square plastic head to better lay against the curved end of the Wave, but I completely mangled the tweezers.

I was about to give up hope of having tweezers on my Wave, but then remembered that my Leatherman Squirt S4 had tweezers. And to my surprise, they fit perfectly. Completely flush with the tool as if they were made for it. And snug too. I've included some photos. Hope this is helpful.
Great mod. I did this mod too sometime back. I did the same thing with a toothpick too. I just took a file and worked it to angle so it would fit snug and not stick out to much.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:01 AM
Hello,

Great mod. I did this mod too sometime back. I did the same thing with a toothpick too. I just took a file and worked it to angle so it would fit snug and not stick out to much.

Nate

Nice :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69