Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paddlefest 2014

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Paddlefest 2014
on: June 15, 2014, 01:54:23 AM
Tomorrow is one of the days I look forward to all year- Paddlefest 2014!  Here are my pics from previous Paddlefests:

Paddlefest 2012

Paddlefest 2013

this year they have added a swap meet for people to bring their own stuff to trade/sell.  Usually that happens unofficially in the parking lot, but now they are actually setting some space aside for it, which is great as it should hopefully mean there are more deals and other cool things available.

I was hoping to maybe pick up a nice little whitewater boat this year, but a few expenses have left me a little short for a boat.  Luckily the boats are the expensive part, so while I don't have the cash needed for one, I do have lots of cash for anything else that might be available.  :D

I'm more than a little excited!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Paddlefest 2014
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 02:17:44 AM
Have fun buddy. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:39:21 AM
Hope you have a great time! :D JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
Have fun! :)

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 09:27:57 AM
 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Can someone help me find my mind? Should be somewhere in the gutter  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Besides that:

Shoot lots of pics, and have fun :)
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:10:43 AM
As you saw from previous pictures, it has been nice here for Paddlefest the last two years.  I suppose it was too much to hope for a third year.  It's raining pretty hard at the moment and they are calling for thundershowers this morning.

No worries- I work out in the rain so I'm sure I can manage a couple of hours of playing in the rain! 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 07:17:46 PM
Can someone help me find my mind? Should be somewhere in the gutter  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
:rofl:
Just glad I wasn't the only one whose first thought upon seeing the thread title was that things were about to get kinky up in here.  As long as no one who actually shows up at the event is confused... :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:20 PM
Well today was kind of a washout- literally.

The pouring rain was enough to keep many exhibitors and other people away, so there wasn't a lot to see this year.  Then the lightning and the thunder meant that no one was allowed on the water, so no ability to paddle different boats.

I figured I could stick around in the chance the rain would let up, or I could just leave and ensure the rain let up for everyone else.  I'd done what I wanted and picked up some cheap gear, so I decided to get going.  I'm not in the market for another boat right now, so I didn't feel the need to paddle any different ones anyway.

So what did I get?  Well, I got a set of paddles for $5 that I will probably pass on to someone else, I got a dry top with two small defects in it (easily repaired) and I got a skirt that might fit one of my boats.  If it doesn't then I only wasted $5 on it as well, and I can probably sell it for $20 if it's no good to me.  :P

Def

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

:whistle: :whistle:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 09:09:20 PM
Def got his pink boat a new skirt?  How sweet. :dd:

Seriously boss, sorry to hear it was a bit of a wash-out. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the weather, and was hoping you will find some new cool gears with the market.  But seems like you were able to grab something at a good price despite the weather, so that's good.  :tu:

I did go to MEC a few times during my visits to Canada in the past, and I think they are a more 'down to earth' version of REI with better prices and genuinely pretty good qualities.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 11:03:24 AM
Def got his pink boat a new skirt?  How sweet. :dd:

Seriously boss, sorry to hear it was a bit of a wash-out. :-\

:twak:

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%