Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your Sak mod's!

pt Offline FInixNOver

Re: Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #4650 on: September 20, 2016, 08:14:13 PM
Yesterday I received a modded Yeoman that I won in an online auction. Unfortunately, the action on almost all of the tools was sluggish and no amount of oil could fix it. The springs seemed weak and I suspected the possibility of a bent pin. I took matters into my own hands and rebuilt the whole thing using parts from a beat up Explorer. Here's the result:

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Everything works great now. This was my first 91mm build and peening job, but I'm happy I bit the bullet and went for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great work! :salute:

gb Offline Rototype

Reply #4651 on: September 23, 2016, 01:46:53 AM

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #4652 on: September 23, 2016, 09:48:55 AM
My first 91mm mod.  Older Ranger with brass liners, toothpick and tweezer head. Homemade pocket dangler and a moded Maglite Solitaire (LED).

Hi,

I know it's a bit late, but how did you get the Brass to sick to the tweezers? That's exactly what  I'm wanting to do on one of my next mods and I can't quite decide how to do it.

Rototype

I don't know how he did it but I soldered two brass pins. It's not finished yet but here's a link to the work in progress: Cap lifter on an Executive. I got the pins second hand but they should be available. Just look for places that sell beads for homemade jewellery.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4653 on: September 23, 2016, 06:19:36 PM
My first 91mm mod.  Older Ranger with brass liners, toothpick and tweezer head. Homemade pocket dangler and a moded Maglite Solitaire (LED).

Hi,

I know it's a bit late, but how did you get the Brass to sick to the tweezers? That's exactly what  I'm wanting to do on one of my next mods and I can't quite decide how to do it.

Rototype

I don't know how he did it but I soldered two brass pins. It's not finished yet but here's a link to the work in progress: Cap lifter on an Executive. I got the pins second hand but they should be available. Just look for places that sell beads for homemade jewellery.

Can't wait to see what you come up with :salute: and that Ranger is so :drool: :drool: :drool:

us Offline SteelRaven

• Steel is a mystical thing!!
Reply #4654 on: September 24, 2016, 02:53:04 AM
Why do awl these threads awlways disintegrate into this ::) :D

It's AWL in de family...:rofl:
"As a matter of Survival, all creatures are fair game"

Les Stroud.

Offline Psych

Reply #4655 on: September 24, 2016, 05:17:13 PM
Due to being obsessed with small details, I completely tore apart the blue Yeoman I built the other day because the snap when closing the philips screwdriver wasn't as perfect as I would have liked. I totally rebuilt it and now it's up to standards.

And it's GREEN!!!!!!

gb Offline Rototype

Reply #4656 on: September 25, 2016, 12:48:36 AM
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gb Offline Rototype

Reply #4657 on: September 25, 2016, 01:11:01 AM
My first mod was acttually just adding Plus scales to a Camper - seems like I only needed the one side and only for the pen slot as it appears, the standard scales already have the pin slot already cut but I changed both to keep it matching. I took lots of photos so I might put it up some time as a 'dummy's guide' for just the scale swaps (would it be worth doing a video tutorial?).

The next one's going to be a Waiter from a Bantam with the corkscrew from a tourist (yeah, I know I could have just swapped the multi opener and dropped the other bits but I want this one to be a little more special than that). Best thing is, with the Standard I also got at the same time I can almost do 2 of them so a friend might be getting a nice Xmas pressie this year - don't think they'll notice the difference between the multi tool and the cap lifter. The scales are the special part on the Waiter - I purchased a BIG lump of Yew wood (25lbs/12kg) recently, and it all seems to have very nice grain on it. The Brass sheet arrived today (3 days early, was scheduled to get here Tuesday but I'm not complaining - means I have tomorrow to work on them...).

Ultimately I want to work on an enhancement for the Camper. I'd like scissors on there but I want to ditch the hook, possibly drop the small blade for a combi opener or a sheeps-foot or pruner blade and then add the magnifying glass and a back phillips (to replace the hook), all wrapped in wooden scales with Plus accessories in them (and brass liners of course) - hence the earlier question about the brass handle for the tweezers. The pen might be a little more chalenging but I think I might have a handle on that now (pun intended), maybe even make the brass toothpick as well.

gb Offline Rototype

Reply #4658 on: September 26, 2016, 10:39:56 PM
First teaser pics of the Waiter. Nowhere near finished but this side looks OK, and it sort of shows what I'm doing with the corkscrew.
Waiter Teaser 2.jpg
* Waiter Teaser 2.jpg (Filesize: 70.6 KB)
Waiter Teaser 1.jpg
* Waiter Teaser 1.jpg (Filesize: 86.48 KB)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #4659 on: September 27, 2016, 08:11:32 AM
First teaser pics of the Waiter. Nowhere near finished but this side looks OK, and it sort of shows what I'm doing with the corkscrew.
Can't wait to see the finished projects... brass liners would definitely give it plus points

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:15:40 AM by jaya_man »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4660 on: September 27, 2016, 09:57:44 AM
Due to being obsessed with small details, I completely tore apart the blue Yeoman I built the other day because the snap when closing the philips screwdriver wasn't as perfect as I would have liked. I totally rebuilt it and now it's up to standards.

(Image removed from quote.)

And it's GREEN!!!!!!

Even better! Super sweet mod Psych  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4661 on: September 28, 2016, 03:09:35 AM
Just a minor revision to my MechaRogue, but a first for me.  I replaced the nail file with a cap lifter.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4662 on: September 28, 2016, 05:46:42 AM
Just a minor revision to my MechaRogue, but a first for me.  I replaced the nail file with a cap lifter.

Way to go :tu:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4663 on: September 28, 2016, 05:53:44 AM

JR
Thanks buddy :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4664 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:48 AM

JR

Yw,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #4665 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:54 PM
Show content

JR

So what's the load out now? (I can search for it, but no, i don't want to  :facepalm:)
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4666 on: September 28, 2016, 02:32:22 PM
Show content

JR

So what's the load out now? (I can search for it, but no, i don't want to  :facepalm:)
Here you go :)

K-Tibbs

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #4667 on: September 28, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Show content

JR

:like: :like: :like:
Here is the Pic T wanted to see  :ahhh  :cheers:
Thank you!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4668 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:43 PM
Show content

JR

:like: :like: :like:
Here is the Pic T wanted to see  :ahhh  :cheers:
Thank you!
:cheers:

K-Tibbs

Offline Glofindel

Reply #4669 on: September 29, 2016, 01:28:44 PM

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4670 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:59 PM
Am currently doing a friend a favour who asked me to replace the chipped blade on his favourite Wenger SAK with that from a donor.

My first time disassembling a Wenger... First observation is that there are no bushings that will lock scales in place... Instead, the locking system is built onto the outer liners as many have pointed out in this forum. Another thing I observed is the bottle opener/screw driver... interesting locking mechanism if press down while in use. Seems to lock onto the notch of the backspring..

As many have pointed out, pin sizes are all 2.5mm.. Here are some picks of the disassembled Wengers

The one with the chipped off blade...

The donor...

Now just need to find time to peen... Hope all goes well

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #4671 on: September 29, 2016, 05:44:35 PM
Am currently doing a friend a favour who asked me to replace the chipped blade on his favourite Wenger SAK with that from a donor.

My first time disassembling a Wenger... First observation is that there are no bushings that will lock scales in place... Instead, the locking system is built onto the outer liners as many have pointed out in this forum. Another thing I observed is the bottle opener/screw driver... interesting locking mechanism if press down while in use. Seems to lock onto the notch of the backspring..

As many have pointed out, pin sizes are all 2.5mm.. Here are some picks of the disassembled Wengers

The donor...

First time I've seen a disassembled Wenger with the self-locking screwdriver.  The mechanism is ingeniously simple.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4672 on: September 29, 2016, 05:54:30 PM

The donor...

First time I've seen a disassembled Wenger with the self-locking screwdriver.  The mechanism is ingeniously simple.
Agree...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4673 on: September 29, 2016, 07:56:44 PM
Excellent pics gents :tu:

:like:

pl Offline ALM

Reply #4674 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:26 PM
TiPioneer & TiPioneerX & TiVelcro

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #4675 on: October 01, 2016, 08:14:54 PM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4676 on: October 01, 2016, 10:31:55 PM
That one reminds me of an alligator.
JR

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #4677 on: October 03, 2016, 12:16:40 PM
TiPioneer & TiPioneerX & TiVelcro

Love it, great work

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #4678 on: October 05, 2016, 09:26:52 AM

I assume that''s originally one of Syph007's (SAKModder) creations? As these have torx screws, does this make subsequent modding much easier (at least for the recipient knife), as no rivets to deal with?
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #4679 on: October 05, 2016, 07:39:09 PM

I assume that''s originally one of Syph007's (SAKModder) creations? As these have torx screws, does this make subsequent modding much easier (at least for the recipient knife), as no rivets to deal with?
You are correct :tu:  I would say the screws make it much easier.  I have no experience with pin work, but it sounds like a bit of a pain to me.  This was the first tweak I've done, and had no issue with it.

K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69