Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman shirt is a disappointment.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Leatherman shirt is a disappointment.
on: June 29, 2014, 07:29:42 AM

http://www.leatherman.com/199.html#start=2

I have been itching for some Leatherman gear to wear and decided to order the shirt pictured above. One would think the one and only picture they provide (above) would be of the front of the shirt. I received the shirt today and the picture above is of the back of the shirt and has the Leatherman logo on the front. The logo on the front is very small and positioned in the center of the chest which looks very strange (on me at least). The neck is very low in the front almost giving it a V neck look and the shirt is very thin and cheap feeling. Not to mention the sizes run small.  :rant: I'm going to have to give them a call in the morning and see about a return. I really hope they oblige as i'm actually kind of smurfed off about it. I feel miss led about the logo. Why oh why would they only put one picture of the shirt and why is that one picture of the back?  :twak:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Leatherman shirt is a disappointment.
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:36:12 AM
That sucks captain

call em up and raise some hell they deserve it.
Defend the Hive!!!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:46:55 AM
That sucks captain

call em up and raise some hell they deserve it.

First thing on my list to do tomorrow.  :tu:

I will be nice about it, but I expect a paid shipping label. I don't think it's asking to much for being deceived.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:53:20 AM
On a side note. WTF is up with all these crappy thin POS shirts now a days. Seems like every shirt I see in stores is super thin and very cheaply made. All these companies rather make cheap crap and maximize profit then spend a little extra and make a proper product that people will be happy with. Might I add spending a little extra doesn't even mean spending more it just means profiting a fraction less.  :rant:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 08:25:59 AM
I don't think thicknesses has direct correlation with quality, but you are right that fashion items today are designed to last only one season, so essentially 3 month lifespan.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:42:56 AM
Or at least they should've described it in better detail on the site or provide more pictures... For that money you shouldn't be disappointed (again comparing to our standards here and if I'd bought it...)

us Offline mechtec

Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:44 PM
That's good to know, I was thinking about getting one. Come to think of it they never replied to my email on getting a bumper sticker. :(

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:27 PM
Man that really does suck!  You can't show a picture of a shirt, send something different, and expect people to be ok with that.  That's false advertising, and they should just give you a refund and let you keep the shirt.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:39 PM
My MTO t-shirt was made from unusually thick material.

It did attract moths within the 1st week, so they must go for quality food..  :drool:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 04:23:51 PM
I rarely wear T-shirts anymore but I can see why that would be disappointing. Does no company take pride in their product anymore  ??? ::)
SAW

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 04:37:29 PM
I ordered two of those T-shirts a couple of years ago and they had the Leatherman logo along with "Leatherman" on the left side on the chest.

They are rather thin and they shrink quite a bit, but ... they are great for wiping your fingerprints off your Swisstool/Spirit :D.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 05:29:41 PM
Bummer Cap, I have a friend visiting portland in a few weeks and I asked her to grab me a couple shirts from their store.  I will make sure she knows to pass if they aren't quality or don't feel right in any way.   
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 06:49:42 PM
Uggghhhh......... Called the retail store three times and can't get anyone on the phone.  :poh:

I was looking at the shirt and I think they actually sent me the womens version. The tag on the back of the neck is very slim and I have only seen these kind of tags on womens clothes.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
I ordered two of those T-shirts a couple of years ago and they had the Leatherman logo along with "Leatherman" on the left side on the chest.

They are rather thin and they shrink quite a bit, but ... they are great for wiping your fingerprints off your Swisstool/Spirit :D.

Mine is nothing like that. I would of been good if I received one of those.
I'm the milk man!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

I was looking at the shirt and I think they actually sent me the womens version.

They got confused by your Avatar picture   :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 07:23:11 PM

I was looking at the shirt and I think they actually sent me the womens version.

They got confused by your Avatar picture   :D

:D
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:57 PM
So I called the retail store from which it says it was shipped from on my receipt and they told me I had to call Leathermans customer service as they are a retail store and do not deal with this.  :think: Well your the ones who sold it to me right.  :think:

Called the customer service line and they are closed until Monday. Grrrrr......  :rant:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 09:15:32 PM
I called again today and got a hold of a customer service lady. I explained I would like to return the shirt and she said no problem. I asked for a prepaid shipping label to send it back since I was basically deceived and the shirt was not what was shown on website and I believe they sen't me a Women's version. She said that she had never heard anyone ask for a shipping label and I was not to far away from Oregon to shipping shouldn't be to expensive.  ::) I told her that was besides the point and I refused to pay to send back a item that is not what I ordered.

She took my phone number and has to check with the shipping department.  ::)
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 09:20:25 PM
One thing that really ticks me off is companies that try and make you pay for their mistakes.  Why should we have to pay to return something that you screwed up?!?!?!  :rant:

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:30 PM
Maybe they hired some new people there..... I've always heard that LM do whatever the customer wants "no questions asked". :facepalm:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 09:50:33 PM
Maybe they hired some new people there..... I've always heard that LM do whatever the customer wants "no questions asked". :facepalm:

When it comes to their tools this is normally true, but it seems as if times have changed lately.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
One thing that really ticks me off is companies that try and make you pay for their mistakes.  Why should we have to pay to return something that you screwed up?!?!?!  :rant:

Exactly. I refused to send it back if I have to pay for return shipping. I'll just eat the cost of the shirt and give it to someone. Maybe just burn it for spite.  >:D

EDIT: Hey that's a good idea now that I think about it. Chop it into little pieces and mail it back to them. I might eat the shipping cost on that one just for the laughs.  :rofl:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:33 PM

Exactly. I refused to send it back if I have to pay for return shipping. I'll just eat the cost of the shirt and give it to someone. Maybe just burn it for spite.  >:D

EDIT: Hey that's a good idea now that I think about it. Chop it into little pieces and mail it back to them. I might eat the shipping cost on that one just for the laughs.  :rofl:
I think you should drop trou, smurf in the shirt and then mail it back to them :salute:
SAW

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 10:42:57 PM
:rofl:
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 10:45:59 PM

I think you should drop trou, smurf in the shirt and then mail it back to them :salute:

I'm not that pissed about it.  :D

I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 10:48:10 PM
ROFL, don't forget to show us before that, though... if you do it :D Though... It would be fun, yes, but if we have to be reasonable, that's a.. double financial waste  so to say - once the shirt and then the shipping :X

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 10:53:08 PM
ROFL, don't forget to show us before that, though... if you do it :D Though... It would be fun, yes, but if we have to be reasonable, that's a.. double financial waste  so to say - once the shirt and then the shipping :X

I know if I chopped it up and sent it in I might as well just eat the cost of shipping and get my money back for the shirt, but sometimes it's worth the cost just to show how you feel about how you have been treated. I'm kind of stubborn sometimes and I like to make my point with companies when I feel like I have been written off. It might be the only way to get my point across.

They might make it good though. The lady said she would call me back by tomorrow. I will give them a few days and if I hear nothing I will call them back. If they give me the runaround or say no then I will make the decision to chop it or not.  >:D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:38 PM
Doesn't Tim care of even know about what's happening with his company anymore  ???
SAW

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:44 PM
Doesn't Tim care of even know about what's happening with his company anymore  ???

I hope so, but sadly i'm sure things like this are out of his immediate control.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 12:44:36 AM
Well I actually got a call back today from the Customer Service lady that helped me before and she said they will not send me a shipping label and told me they never have or will do that. SoOoOo.... I guess I have a few options.  :think:

- Pay for shipping to ship it back to them to get my money back for the shirt. I would technically be paying for shipping twice since I paid for shipping to get it to me unless they refund the original shipping cost.  :think:

- Give the shirt to someone who might wear it.

- Keep it and do nothing with it.

- Cut the shirt up into little pieces and send it back to them with a tastefully written letter letting them know what I think about the policy and how I was deceived and received a product that was not properly represented on their website. I would of course incur more financial loss as well as eating the cost of the shirt, but I would feel so warm and gushy inside.   :think:
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD