Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Raw blades - maybe SAK-Mod material?

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Raw blades - maybe SAK-Mod material?
on: July 03, 2014, 10:53:51 AM
So I have gotten my hands on those 4 hardened, but not sharpened blades.

They are Solingen made and were for sale from a liquidation.
The second pic shows them compared to a 108 (Non-vic, had none apart...) and a 91 mm Vic blade.
They should fit 108 Vic´s without much work. Not sure about 93, but maybe worth a try?

I have four and would like to try my hand on a mod. If anyone is interested, I´m sure we can find a nice trade/deal.
The blades all looked like the lower ones, but an oily rag removed teh grime to reval teh finish of the uppermost blade.
250614 004.jpg
* 250614 004.jpg (Filesize: 81.28 KB)
250614 005.jpg
* 250614 005.jpg (Filesize: 95.48 KB)

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Raw blades - maybe SAK-Mod material?
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:02 PM
Well, I did not expect anyone to dance in circles like I had found a batch of early 40s NOS SAKs, but I would have thought maybe someone might at least utter a small comment - be it "Recycle them" or "I´ve been wanting to make a nice Slipjoint for years and am missing the perfect blade, Gimme one!"  :think: Not even anyone derailing this thread. Even the Ignore thread gets thousands of clicks and posts. I think it´s all Kirks fault.  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:32:45 PM by lowtech »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:44:08 PM
Well, I did not expect anyone to dance in circles like I had found a batch of early 40s NOS SAKs, but I would have thought maybe someone might at least utter a small comemnt - be it "Recycle them" or "I´ve been wanting to make a nice Slipjoint for years and am missing teh perfect blade, Gimme one!"  :think: Not even anyone derailing this thread. Even the Ignore thread ets thousands of clicks and posts. I think it´s all Kirks fault.  :D

Not sure why, but this is the first I have seen of this thread. It must of just slipped through the cracks somehow.  :shrug:
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
Well, I did not expect anyone to dance in circles like I had found a batch of early 40s NOS SAKs, but I would have thought maybe someone might at least utter a small comemnt - be it "Recycle them" or "I´ve been wanting to make a nice Slipjoint for years and am missing teh perfect blade, Gimme one!"  :think: Not even anyone derailing this thread. Even the Ignore thread ets thousands of clicks and posts. I think it´s all Kirks fault.  :D

Not sure why, but this is the first I have seen of this thread. It must of just slipped through the cracks somehow.  :shrug:

+1 Thomas,tbh,first time I've seen the thread!

BUMP
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline Subterranean

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 06:07:06 PM

+1 Thomas,tbh,first time I've seen the thread!

BUMP

+2 ! I also didn't notice this one.
And two weeks ago I was looking for the single knife blade offers.  :facepalm:

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 09:08:59 AM
I still have those blades, so if anyone could use one, let me know.
I´d trade for SOG/LM/Gerber implements for example.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%