Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keybar

us Offline super m

Keybar
on: July 03, 2014, 06:47:15 PM
I hope this is in the right place.  Really not a tool unless set up as one. They have a kit with a small tool set you can install. Pretty nice bit of kit.  ( I didn't op for the tool kit I didn't think I had room with all the keys I have. )

I have eight keys installed it will hold more.  This model is carbon fiber and the clip side is titanium. It comes with all you need to install all your keys ( other than the new car keys we have nowadays  )

It takes some getting use to but I don't know what I ever did without it. 

Thanks for looking
Mario

Brüder, die Brüdern Helfen
Brothers helping Brothers

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Keybar
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:01:29 PM
Very cool idea and setup. Like I said in the other thread I just can't justify the price and I personally do not carry that many keys to fill it up. I also already carry something clipped on to both pockets so the clip would be useless to me. With all that said just because it probably would not work out well for me I think it is a excellent design and it intrigues me and is probably ideal for many other people. Hopefully they will come out with a few different models and sizes. Very cool and that you for sharing it with us.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline AaronX

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:06:40 AM
Works just like a KeySmart. I prefer the KeySmart's shape, though. But I like that this has a pocket clip. I wish the KS had one.

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 02:31:57 AM
Very cool!
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Rux

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:21 PM
A friend of mine at work just got one. Great idea and concept, but not completely sold that it's for me just yet. Don't carry that many keys and where does one keep their keyless entry clicker thingamajigger?

us Offline super m

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:19:06 PM

A friend of mine at work just got one. Great idea and concept, but not completely sold that it's for me just yet. Don't carry that many keys and where does one keep their keyless entry clicker thingamajigger?

Right here !!

it Offline danilo

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:11 PM
Works just like a KeySmart. I prefer the KeySmart's shape, though. But I like that this has a pocket clip. I wish the KS had one.

I've recently received my keysmart(s) and they are so cool.
Of course I discovered them via this very forum (from someone's avatar, maybe it was you?), but I've never thougth about a clip, also because I have a rather long key attached to the keyfob and it wouldn't be very useful anyway.

In any case I think it wouldn't be much hard to project one, to the people who know how to do that, that is.

it would probably needs a longer screw also, but I don't see it impossible. maybe with a sketch of a project, the keysmart folk may want to produce and sell it, who knows...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 03:17:16 AM
Interesting little device,, I only got four keys, two doors, a padlock, and a mailbox,, everything is off my carabiner full of other junk, I gotta trim down the weight! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 03:27:10 AM
Interesting little device,, I only got four keys, two doors, a padlock, and a mailbox,, everything is off my carabiner full of other junk, I gotta trim down the weight! JR
Took a pic.. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline super m

Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 03:36:17 PM

Took a pic.. JR
(Image removed from quote.)

They offer a tool kit to go in the key bar also a jump drive that fits in it too.  I have 8 keys in mine I carry a LM style and a brewster in my pocket.   

us Offline super m

Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Here is a shot of the tool set and flashdrive installed in the keybar
This is the new model.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 02:47:13 PM
What is that folder? It looks nice. Do you have any more pics of it?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 02:52:43 PM
Yes. That and the firearm please.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline super m

Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:30 PM
Sorry it's a picture I borrowed

I forgot to mention that in my original post 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

This is the new model.

Interesting, I really don't need the sak on my keychain since I always have one in my pocket, and also my bag, same goes for the pen tape and flashlight.. So after I Finnish working on my bag I gotta work on my keys. JR

us Offline silverspurrr

• New User
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 08:42:29 AM
Picked one up last day at Blade Show 2014.
Bronzed Ti. no clip $40.00.
Took a few days to get used to after having the usual keys on a ring, but now it's a pleasure and the end can be used as a bottle opener.

us Offline super m

Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:43 PM

Picked one up last day at Blade Show 2014.
Bronzed Ti. no clip $40.00.
Took a few days to get used to after having the usual keys on a ring, but now it's a pleasure and the end can be used as a bottle opener.

Yes indeed love mine ...

00 Offline AaronX

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 05:43:23 PM
I've recently received my keysmart(s) and they are so cool.
Of course I discovered them via this very forum (from someone's avatar, maybe it was you?), but I've never thougth about a clip, also because I have a rather long key attached to the keyfob and it wouldn't be very useful anyway.

In any case I think it wouldn't be much hard to project one, to the people who know how to do that, that is.

it would probably needs a longer screw also, but I don't see it impossible. maybe with a sketch of a project, the keysmart folk may want to produce and sell it, who knows...

Oh... Maybe? I've tried so many things to make a clip - I got a Munroe dangler clone off eBay, right now I made one with brass rod but I'm not very happy with it. I think the easiest way is to make a backplate with a built-in clip. I suggested this to the company and they asked me to stay tuned... I might 3D print one.

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Keybar
Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 08:22:28 AM
I like these things very much, but I think they're way to expensive…

00 Offline AaronX

Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 05:25:57 PM
I think they're not so bad, if you research and make sure they're right for you. I mean, a leather key case is also about $50 and mine even kept dropping my keys!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

This is the new model.

The Philips looks like the EXACT one off of a LM Wingman.

At any rate, this thing looks pretty cool but... wow, that price.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%