Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Air pistol advice

dks · 52 · 5762

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Air pistol advice
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 02:09:32 AM
They never caused me any problems , and I used to shoot about 5 days a week . Reliability all around ! I had a few buddies who also had them - never a problem . I had a few spare seals , In three years only replaced 1 tank seal ( very minor operation .

Chris

us Offline Craiger

Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 07:07:29 AM
I have a CO2 and a single pump spring piston. The price of CO2 and variability of power were always a turn off for me, so I rarely use it and stick to the single pump. (But a repeater is more fun for plinking around and trying to keep a tin can rolling. Overall though I like being the power source and of course it's a nicer piece to be working with. I find I shoot with more purpose, as every shot requires a bit of effort. Haven't shot it in awhile; thanks for the reminder and inspiration! I would recommend a rifled barrel single pump, but I couldn't tell you what the latest and greatest is. And I would never hunt with a BB gun, or a pistol shooting <700FPS.

Beeman by climbercraig66, on Flickr

Crosman by climbercraig66, on Flickr

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 10:36:15 PM
The Mora of air pistols.... Crosman Vigilante

old design updated with gun rails. Powerfull and accurate 125 Euro plus 35 for the police registration. Cheaper than most as it does not look fancy or pay too much homage to other proper revolvers. Still not US or UK prices cheap...

I took some shots from 12 metres and was able to hit an A4 target (circles) very close to the centre standing up, as well as hit a cigar tube in the middle on the 2nd try, so it seems quite accurate, from the factory.
Even shooting double action with one hand like in a western movie it is easy to hit consistently the A4 paper from 15 + metres.
IMG_20140711_161854.jpg
* IMG_20140711_161854.jpg (Filesize: 143.57 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 12:41:10 AM
The Mora of air pistols.... Crosman Vigilante

old design updated with gun rails. Powerfull and accurate 125 Euro plus 35 for the police registration. Cheaper than most as it does not look fancy or pay too much homage to other proper revolvers. Still not US or UK prices cheap...

I took some shots from 12 metres and was able to hit an A4 target (circles) very close to the centre standing up, as well as hit a cigar tube in the middle on the 2nd try, so it seems quite accurate, from the factory.
Even shooting double action with one hand like in a western movie it is easy to hit consistently the A4 paper from 15 + metres.

Aww,brilliant mate,really pleased you got that!

Only word of advice...watch your rate of fire,the seals don't take too kindly to too rapid a drop in gas temperature .

I've an earlier version,I need to get repaired  :whistle:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 03:48:01 AM
It is around 40C most of the summer here so I hopefully should be able to have decent pressure for several shots. The gunsmith told me to spray the CO2 bottles mouth with some gun oil each time though the use of oil and the type and frequency of that use seems like it is a subject of some controversy in the internet. I do not intend to shoot BBs as they seem to damage the barrels according to the net.
This specific model seems to be very popular around here by the way. At the end I was between this and the legends P08. I may still get the P08 at some point as it seems like fun and is 80 Euros. Only BBs and only double action.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 03:55:41 AM
It is around 40C most of the summer here so I hopefully should be able to have decent pressure for several shots. The gunsmith told me to spray the CO2 bottles mouth with some gun oil each time though the use of oil and the type and frequency of that use seems like it is a subject of some controversy in the internet. I do not intend to shoot BBs as they seem to damage the barrels according to the net.
This specific model seems to be very popular around here by the way. At the end I was between this and the legends P08. I may still get the P08 at some point as it seems like fun and is 80 Euros. Only BBs and only double action.

One drop of 30 weight non-detergent motor oil on opening of CO2 caplet each time you install one.

Or you can buy the crosman pelleoil for 400x the price.  :P

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 08:19:33 PM
Seeing that I had several empty CO2 cartridges I decided to make a swinging target.

I used two empties at the bottom as weights and one in the middle for the pivot (cut at both ends). I also used rivets and some power tools.

Provided you find a rod or wire to pass through the middle tube it works. When you hit the target it swings down and then rises again for the next shot.

The pistol shoots fine, getting about 60 shots per cartridge. The pellets will go through a can at 10m.
It is more suitable to larger hands, has a nice weight and is accurate.I must have shot over 200 pellets since I got it. I have ordered some spare clips and a torch attachment.

us Offline VictorLouis

Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 10:39:51 PM
Please, don't use an air PISTOL for hunting. There's just not enough Joules/fpE there.
Now, there's more research to be done.

Explore this website for yourself. ...

http://airgunsofarizona.com

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #38 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:27 AM
Look at what I just got. I bought it to get a feel for a revolver. I haven't shot it yet.

I find it a bit odd that one of the clips is a weird gray...for BBs. I gather to quickly ID what you are shooting. Black for .177 pellets, and gray for BBs.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 05:25:08 AM
Hehe, I have one of those. Trigger is really heavy and long travel, I hope real firearms doesn't have triggers this bad.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 08:20:47 AM
I have been shooting it regularly (when there is no hunting season, as during the hunting season I use a proper GUN!!)

I have fired over 1000 pellets. (Crossman pellets and canisters)

It is very accurate (mine).

How the trigger feels will depend a lot on the size of your hands
If you cock the gun then your accuracy improves, and the trigger comes closer to the palm and feels lighter.

It feels good in the hand ("Manly gun"), though the grips tend to rattle

I have bought extra clips, as it is fun to use but boring to reload the clips

I get over 50, maybe 70, decent power shots per canister.

I have not used BBs as there is the belief that being steel they will damage the riffling after some time.

It is not that quiet and you need to be aware of the fact that people will hear you firing it, if you fire it near their house. In a basement it sounds like you are hammering nails.

It is a classic design with a long barrel that helps accuracy. It is reasonably cheap as it is not very nicely finished (not a perfect copy of a specific proper gun)
In Europe it is not cheap and you may be able to get Umarex products that will look better and have at least as good quality for less.

You casn attach torches/lasers to it too (repost)   :D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 10:44:02 AM
Has anyone bought a Webley Centenary?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 12:29:54 PM
After handling a few real revolvers in the PAL class I just recently completed, it does feel indicative of what I was able to handle. A hard trigger pull in double action mode, but very nice in single action once you cock the hammer with your thumb. Double action revolvers are always a harder trigger pull...sometimes as high as 13 pounds or higher, because there are a lot of things you have to move...rotate the cylinder, cock the hammer etc. Hard also as it is a built in safety. Cock that hammer, and the trigger is a lot lighter with less travel.

It is a big revolver in size. Here is a photo showing my favorite BB gun the Walther CP99 Compact next to the Crossman Vigilante.

I wish the upper rail did not have a beveled edge...as it restricts a lot of things you can put on it...such as a red dot sight. The mini Glock bayonet does fit the bottom rail perfectly however...but that one doesn't have a beveled edge.  :salute:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:39:56 PM by Chako »

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
The revolver with the bayonet looks hilariously awesome!

The Walther you have there is the same design Ruger 'imitated' for their SR22 .22lr pistol, or more accurately, the Walther P22, whic I guess is what the CP99 took it's design from as well.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 10:21:32 PM

No, no cash  :rant:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #45 on: December 03, 2014, 10:59:54 PM

I'd love one too, but similar money woes :(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: December 03, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

I'd love one too, but similar money woes :(

:rant: Spoilsports! You were supposed to tell me they're no good!

Reply #47 on: December 03, 2014, 11:48:54 PM
I do like to let people down, in fact I'm rather good at it :D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: December 03, 2014, 11:53:42 PM
Funny you say that. I had a play with one of the Webleys the other night,and I was gutted to find its bb only,not Diablo pellets as advertised in the Airgun comics :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 12:02:33 AM
If I could, that is what I would get...as I love the feel and ergonomics of it...however, in Canada, I can't own any pistols with a barrel length less than 4 1/8" long. Note that means any 4" or less are on the prohibited list.

Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:22 AM
Funny you say that. I had a play with one of the Webleys the other night,and I was gutted to find its bb only,not Diablo pellets as advertised in the Airgun comics :facepalm:
That's a bit of a let down then, as the accuracy will never be as good as it could be, especially for the money :(

Sent from the astropathic choir.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 02:03:50 AM
I have four low end CO2 guns my Crosman 2240 is my best shooter. The Crosman 357 is pretty good for the money. That can be rigged for paint ball gun tanks. I have a little range in my garage. Lots of fun . ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD