Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Assist me in finding a vacation spot. :D MTO's Anniversary giveaway

enki_ck · 104 · 7397

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Yeah, I know. I've been slacking a bit with giving stuff away this month but I'll try to make it up to you guys in the coming weeks. >:D

As previous years the friendly people from SOG knives are celebrating our anniversary with us and sent us some tools to give to our members. I'd like to thank them very much for supporting the forum and providing us with another batch of cool prizes. :hatsoff:

You can visit their site at www.sogknives.com

We'll start it off with a SOG PowerAssist w/ Nylon Pouch (#S66-N):woohoo:

A couple pictures of the prize: :D

As all the giveaways we've been running here this month, this one is open to all members worldwide as long as you're of legal age to own one and the laws in your country won't have anything against you getting the prize in case you win. We wouldn't want the customs snagging this, now would we. :P

Simple rules this time.

As the summer is here and some people are planing their vacations, post a picture or write a short summary of your favorite vacation spot you've been to..

No need to make any lists. I'll go through all the entries again on on the 14th and, make a list of all the entries and let random.org decide. You can post as many times as you like, but only one post (your first post with vacation content) will be the counted as an entry.

This is open worldwide to all MTO members regardless of their post count. :tu: So get posting. :pok:

As said, this one will end on Monday, the 14th of July and I'll draw the winner sometime after 20h CET (16h EST)

Good luck to all who enter! :2tu:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:58:41 AM by enki_ck »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Hmmm that looks familiar, oh I remember, its the beast I won last year 8), so thanks SOG, thanks enki, but I'm gonna sit this one out. And no stealing my favorite holiday spot, I like it because its not crowded :P
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Vila Nova de Milfontes

A small village in the Alentejo coast, where the river Mira joins the Atlantic ocean. You got everything here: beach (ocean and river), plains, hills, historical places, good food, very friendly people.

Take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vila_Nova_de_Milfontes

V._Nova_de_Milfontes.JPG
* V._Nova_de_Milfontes.JPG (Filesize: 176.98 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Disney World,  and my favorite part, Epcot

:rofl:  Mods feel free to close this thread now   :rofl:  just kidding, I want to see more awesome pictures

thank you SOG for being a part of our Anniversary.  It is very kind of you

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:27:00 PM by detron »
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
I don't believe I've ever been anywhere I'd consider worthy of travelling to, so I'm OUT but best of luck to everyone else :cheers:
SAW

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
This NOT an entry,as I've had the PowerAssist before.

However, Club Makakola on the shore of Lake Malawi has been damn hard to beat!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline detron

I don't believe I've ever been anywhere I'd consider worthy of travelling to, so I'm OUT but best of luck to everyone else :cheers:

My Co-Worker considers Sonny's BBQ a worthy destination,  take a picture there

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
:hatsoff: To SOG for the generous prize.   Although France and Italy were our favourite places we've been to, they were not a vacation, so I'd have to say Cuba.  Amazing place, amazing locals, great food, ect.  We stayed at Iberostar Mojito last year, and we plan on going back next spring.

Having been to Italy, it's funny and strange to say, but the pasta was actually better at the resort than the many places we ate at in Italy!  :ahhh  Actually, the food was better than 99% of the places we have ever ate at!!  Some people complain about the food in Cuba, but we were more than impressed, and are returning to this resort since it was soooooo good, and we're worried about going to a different resort and not being happy with the food.

Offline firefightingjosh

Nicely done SOG! Got to say my favorite vacation place is about 30min from my front door. Glacier National Park up here in NW Montana. I live on several acres on the side of a mtn and I can sit on my deck and see glacier park. Such a beautiful area!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Many thanks to SOG and MTO for the giveaway.
I will sit this one out. Good luck everyone.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Many thanks to SOG and MTO.

One of my favorite spots was Crater Lake, Oregon. I "found" Crater Lake after riding up Route 1 in CA on a West Coast Camping/bicycle tour. Around the northern CA border with Oregon I started inland a little, and after riding on dirt roads for about 50 miles (even though it was the beginning of July all the surrounding peaks were snowbound and quite forbidding) I got to Crater Lake.
When I got to Crater Lake campground, there was around two feet of snow on the ground, just a small number of hiker/biker sites had been cleared !!
What a stunning place.

240px-Crater_lake_oregon.jpg
* 240px-Crater_lake_oregon.jpg (Filesize: 13.77 KB)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:05:36 PM by neillcurrie »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Nice one Sog  :salute: and Nicola :tu:
Mine on my doorstep ,sandbanks poole dorset  :tu:
P1010289-10.jpg
* P1010289-10.jpg (Filesize: 67.91 KB)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:05:36 PM by Zed »

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
It's a strange location, and one I don't think many people are aware of.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan.

It is CRAZY beautiful. White sand beaches, with something called 'singing sand'. The sand squeaks slightly when you run your feet over it, like tennis shoes over a basketball court.

The rock formations are gorgeous. do a search for images of the location for an idea of its natural beauty.

The water of Lake Superior looks like something from pics of Hawaii.

A visit in the late summer makes the water JUST warm enough for the adventurous (or well-insulated) to swim.

This location was one of the most wonderful hiking locations I've been to. In my opinion, very underrated and mostly unheard of.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Thanks to SOG for the prize, and thanks to Enki/MTO for the giveaway chance :salute: 

We don't really go to any place for vacations.  I also have no pics of either place I'm going to mention. 

I have been to Disney World/Land (whichever is in Florida), and Busch Gardens, which was a good time (back in high school). 

The other place is not any place of note as an actual, official vacation place.  It's called Ingall's Island (my wife's great grandfather grew up there), and it's a few minutes away from where we'll be moving next month.  It can be reached by sandbar as long as the tide is low.  There is a camp there where various members of my wife's family go to spend some vacation time, and we did so a few years back.  It was very peaceful and enjoyable.  Exploring the back side of the island was fun, and I enjoy doing things like that, even though it's rare that I do. 
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Thanks SOG and Nikola  :cheers:

I think the place I've been that I'd most like to go back to and do more thoroughly is Sarajevo and the surrounding area in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Nice people, beautiful area, not too touristy and some terrible but interesting history. Add to that a good, welcoming and cheap place to stay and you've got a winner.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
:hatsoff: To SOG for the generous prize.   Although France and Italy were our favourite places we've been to, they were not a vacation, so I'd have to say Cuba.  Amazing place, amazing locals, great food, ect.  We stayed at Iberostar Mojito last year, and we plan on going back next spring.

Having been to Italy, it's funny and strange to say, but the pasta was actually better at the resort than the many places we ate at in Italy!  :ahhh  Actually, the food was better than 99% of the places we have ever ate at!!  Some people complain about the food in Cuba, but we were more than impressed, and are returning to this resort since it was soooooo good, and we're worried about going to a different resort and not being happy with the food.
Figured I should add some pics.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
My favorite vacation spot had to be the island of Moorea just next to Tahiti. The actual island of Moorea is relatively small and incredible. Their is only one road around the island. The oceans are incredible and the island is beautiful. The lack of people is an amazing change of pace from everyday life. The ocean is very shallow for about 1/4-1/2 a mile and the wave breaks at the same distance. It is incredible for snorkeling. Did I mention the topless beaches.  :D

Awesome prize for a giveaway SOG. Thank you for the chance.  :tu:

NOT MY PICTURES

http://nward.com/myworld/places/tahiti/moorea.jpg

http://www.visualitineraries.com/img/articles/Best-time-to-visit-Tahiti.jpg

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:55:52 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Cool idea for a give-away!

I took the family down to Salt Lake City late last April for a few days. It was a really fun, if incredibly busy, vacation. We spent some time at the Hogle Zoo, the Aquarium, the Children's Museum, and topped the trip off with the kid's first Supercross race at Rice-Eccles Stadium. We also got to enjoy eating at a bunch of restaurants that Great Falls is lacking - Culvers, TGIFridays, Red Lobster, and IHOP.
644735_540209816029513_168214113_n.jpg
* 644735_540209816029513_168214113_n.jpg (Filesize: 190.71 KB)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Are you really asking?
Santorini, the best place in this solar system.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:48:53 PM by kkokkolis »

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
There is a magnificent place to be in México it's name is Tulum:

Also Aruba is georgous

Not my pictures, but the places are a must if you like the beach, please give them a try.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Loving the entries so far. :dd:

Keep them coming. :cheers:

• Absolute Zombie Club
There is a magnificent place to be in México it's name is Tulum:

(Image removed from quote.)

Not my pictures, but the places are a must if you like the beach, please give them a try.

I have been to Tulum as well. Very cool place to visit.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Capt, where are the topless beach pics? :pok: :D
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

• Absolute Zombie Club
Capt, where are the topless beach pics? :pok: :D
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

That's the private collection.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
How about Kyrgyzstan... Beautiful place, and that unique Central Asian mixture of cultural influences- Turkish, Soviet, Indian, Arabic, Korean, and Chinese, among others. Plenty of history, and lots of wide open spaces. These are my pictures, thought they don't really do the place justice.

^I love this picture mostly because of the hats. Left to Right: No hat, two western/European variations, Kyrgyz, Russian, Uzbek.

EDIT: I'm actually trying to cut down on my unused tools, so count me respectfully OUT of the competition... I just wanted in on this thread. I've enjoyed the pics so far! :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:39:40 AM by NeitherExtreme »

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
There's a little lake by the town I grew up in called pine lake I haven't been to in a few years but it's still my favorite  summer spot

This sog is to interesting for me not to try win

I'd love to give it a try
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline Havoc

Just like Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption, I'd suggest Zihuatanejo, Mexico.  I can't say enough about how beautiful it was or how great the people were. Great food, incredible climate and it still remains a fairly well hidden secret.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
How about Kyrgyzstan... Beautiful place, and that unique Central Asian mixture of cultural influences- Turkish, Soviet, Indian, Arabic, Korean, and Chinese, among others. Plenty of history, and lots of wide open spaces. These are my pictures, thought they don't really do the place justice.

^I love this picture mostly because of the hats. Left to Right: No hat, two western/European variations, Kyrgyz, Russian, Uzbek.

EDIT: I'm actually trying to cut down on my unused tools, so count me respectfully OUT of the competition... I just wanted in on this thread. I've enjoyed the pics so far! :)

I was so torn about putting Kyrgyzstan as my choice, but since I was there on a deployment and not vacation (okay, it was basically a vacation) I decided not to. But you are right, what an amazing place with so much history and diversity. I absolutely fell in love with Kyrgyzstan and its people while I was there and cannot wait to go back someday. It is such a shame that most people have never even heard of it, but it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
Alamedin (56).jpg
* Alamedin (56).jpg (Filesize: 163.91 KB)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline detron

Just like Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption, I'd suggest Zihuatanejo, Mexico.  I can't say enough about how beautiful it was or how great the people were. Great food, incredible climate and it still remains a fairly well hidden secret.

(Image removed from quote.)

Great reference! 

nz Offline claws42

Wow, cool MT!

Not my photo, but I can vouch that it's an amazing holiday spot. Lovely outdoor hot pools, great in the winter  :D :D

The location is Hanmer Springs, New Zealand.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%