Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Issues with RickinFL

Joe58 · 18 · 1439

us Offline Joe58

Issues with RickinFL
on: July 07, 2014, 07:53:37 PM
I really do not enjoy these types of posts, but I felt perhaps it may help out someone else.

I've been waiting for 4 SAK's from RickinFL for approximately 6 months now. He required that I prepay, which I did, and I traded some knives to cover the other work.

I've politely inquired 3 or 4 times as to the status of my order and each time was assured my order would be shipping with a couple days. One time they were shipping the next day I was told. The last inquiry was a couple weeks back and I was told they'd ship that Monday. To date, I have not received my order.

I do not mind a waiting period. Many custom makers have a long waiting list. But this should be discussed up front at the time of the order. And I feel if you tell your buyer the order will be shipping, it should be shipped. Or at least a note explaining why it didn't. Not just silence.

I also find it frustrating when I notice for sale posts for customized knives being offered to the general public, which are similar to the ones I've already paid for. Or, custom knives he made for himself, then bragged that they are going into his private collection.

To give Rick credit, his work appears to be top notch. Perhaps he is a victim of his own success and has suddenly become overloaded with orders that he cannot keep up with. I don't know for sure as I do not receive any communication from him. The pictures I've seen posted all look well done. I wish him nothing but success in his business. I know he has also been kept busy with his "real job" as well. I'm sure it is quite the juggling act trying to balance work, family, and his knife work too.

I feel it may be in Rick's best interest that he should contact some of the other long time modders to see how they run their modding business and keep things running on time. I know it may be hard to turn down work, but that may be what is needed in order to clear up your back log.

Sooner or later, the new people ordering will slow as the market gets saturated. This is true in about any business. Then much of the new orders will be coming from past customers and referrals. At this point, I would find it very difficult to be a repeat customer, or recommend someone else to you.

Please do not take this as a personal attack should you read this Rick. I'm simply trying to report my dealings with you as politely as I can. I've never met you in person, but in our email exchanges, you seem to be a very nice person who truly wants his customers to be happy. I do not know any one else who has done business with you so I can't comment on that. I'm only speaking for myself. And again - I do truly wish you much success.

Thank you.

Joe
Madison, NE
🇨🇭

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Issues with RickinFL
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:39 PM
Man you are way to nice, I would be pissed off completely. That is total BULL smurf.

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:13 PM
6mths  :think: this is ridiculous  :-\ i hope it gets resolved  :tu:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:44 PM
Never judge before you hear both narrations they say here, but I had a Déjà vu
I hope it will be resolved soon.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Bummer to hear this. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline condcup

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:16:20 PM
It could be a problem with the communication between Swiss Bianco and him. It may cause some delays possibly. ???

us Offline Joe58

Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:28:48 PM
It could be a problem with the communication between Swiss Bianco and him. It may cause some delays possibly. ???

I guess I wouldn't know how Swiss Bianco would come into play. I may be wrong, but I am under the impression he does his mods in house, down in Florida. I've never heard him mention Roger in regards to any mods.
🇨🇭

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 12:36:58 AM
His stuff really does look top notch, so fingers crossed that everything gets sorted.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

us Offline Hyatt181

Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 02:17:29 AM
Just to speak up for rick. I have bought some hard to get Vic's with him over the past week and received them in a timely fashion.
Not mods but still good transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like bowls, they contain chaos.

us Offline Joe58

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 04:29:28 AM
Just to speak up for rick. I have bought some hard to get Vic's with him over the past week and received them in a timely fashion.
Not mods but still good transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct - I am speaking strictly of my modding order I have had outstanding with him. I've purchased 1 knife from him that was finished, and did receive that in a very timely manner. That purchase is what led to my further request and purchase order of more modded knives that I have yet to receive.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:31:18 AM by Joe58 »
🇨🇭

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 04:37:51 AM
Joe, 

Having bought knives in order to fix knives that another modder made for you has cost me time and money.  Have I asked for a single dime more. 

You coming on here and talking crap is so far out of line it's pathetic. 

Maybe next time you should send that knife back to the original maker rather than having me spend money needlesly. 

Ridiculous. 

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 04:43:19 AM
Secondly, I have my own page where I conduct my own business.  Opening this anywhere else other than my page is clearly an attack. 

People busting ASS for you Joe should not be punished.

I really did not expect this behavior from you. 

I don't need the advice of other modders.  THANKS.  Never claimed this to be my day job.  I ALWAYS said this was a hobby.  the 10.00 I made per knife after parts were pretty much used to buy another knife to fix the mod you had made and then sent to me to fix. 

This was surely not the way to handle this.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 04:56:44 AM
and lastly you paid me on March 1 and march 2. 

that's 4 months.  Still a wait I agree but if you are going to attack, please be accurate.

You will get your knives and hopefully be happy.  Perhaps at that point you may feel like correcting this post.  I know plenty have been pleased with the product they have received.

You've taught me a real life lesson though.  Don't ever go the extra mile to help someone out. Not worth this reward.

Thanks for your support.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:15 AM
Oh, and 3 knives, not four...

Standard Electrician, stonewashed.
Repair a Pioneer Electrician (feel free to send me another radio shack eblade knife to replace the one I bought for you.  Actually on second thought, just keep it.  Perhaps my reward may come as an apology which should come publicly here).
Advertising SAK modded with three blades.
Black, stonewashed Electrician.

The above is per your message to me.

I have furnished you with tracking on FACEBOOK.  Had you purchased something from me on MULTITOOL, I would have furnished it here...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:18:13 AM by rickinFL »

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:35:29 AM
Oh, and 3 knives, not four...

Standard Electrician, stonewashed.
Repair a Pioneer Electrician (feel free to send me another radio shack eblade knife to replace the one I bought for you.  Actually on second thought, just keep it.  Perhaps my reward may come as an apology which should come publicly here).
Advertising SAK modded with three blades.
Black, stonewashed Electrician.

EDIT-My turn to make a mistake...

The soldier you sent me in the trade deal.  All I needed to do was BUY ANOTHER ELECTIRICIAN and harvest the blade.  Well, that one is done as well Joe.  $60.00 in the hole along with 12.00 for insured shipping back to you.  If the cost of the two knives I made you cost me 90.00 in parts and you paid me 200.00, how much profit is that?  Guess you really start seeing that I am a hobbyist and that if this was my real first job, I'd be starving. 

I have furnished you with tracking on FACEBOOK.  Had you purchased something from me on MULTITOOL, I would have furnished it here...

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 07:03:12 AM
Joe,

your post is a bit like shopping at Kmart and complaining at Macys. 

The mods should consider removing this post as it has nothing to do with a transaction that occurred here on MTo.  Just sayin'

us Offline Joe58

Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
MTO Mods - I concur that Rick is correct that this should more correctly gone onto his Facebook page rather than here. I posted here as this entire situation began with a purchase I made from him of a completed modded knife here.

I will also admit my timing was in error. These chain of events concerning this episode began on March 1, or perhaps a little before as we began by exchanging emails.

You may please delete this post. I have been provided a shipping number and the issue has apparently been resolved. I'm sure his finished product will be fine.

Thank you.
🇨🇭

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:18 AM
Someone makes a well thought out, polite post to mention that there have been problems and you respond this way?  I have nothing to do with your business or this transaction, but looking at this thread the only person that seems to be "attacking" (your words, not mine) is you.

I also have to say, if I treated my customers like this I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have too many.  Regardless of the trade issues (whatever they are), this is no way to treat a fellow member.

I'm available by PM if either of you want my help in sorting something out.  Otherwise Rick, please don't presume to tell me what can and can not be on my forum, and please keep your tone civil when dealing with other members.  Customer or not, MTO members deserve better than to be treated like that.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%