Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Review - The Better Bandana

edcgear · 15 · 23726

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Review - The Better Bandana
on: July 13, 2014, 04:20:10 PM
USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLY...

After a long break, we're back with some new EDC gadgets. Follow me for new entries.

Some time ago I had the pleasure to find a new interesting product. It's bandana ... Although this is not a bandana in the classic form of meaning. It's more a sort of sleve ... Hm ... probably sounds a little strange, but in fact it is not, on the contrary it is very simple.

What is in question. You all know very well how manly is to have the bandana or handkerchief on you. Simply it is the most essential part of the EDC, in addition to documents and pocket knive. Well, this bandana (as I shall call it the end of the text - author's note) raised the matter at the next level. The question is how, and yet again it's very easy! It is made in the form of a tube, hose or sleeve! What does that mean? It means that it is completely cylindrical in shape which allows various kind of use.

But to start from the beginning. For a company Hoo-Rag, I learned of course using my almighty Google Fu skills. I came across their product first on IG on page @ hoo-rag and then I found their web page www. hoorag. com and of course, as every gear and gadget geek I stuck looking at all kinds of bandanas they have. And they have quite a few. I finally decided to purchase, but alas, at that point "my back yard" was not included in "shipping countries" ... After a few e-mails exchanged I received a polite response that Hoo-Rag does not send their products to Serbia, but they will make an exception and send me one I buy. FIRST + in my book! After payment they contacted me and offered me a gift (or to be more precise gift to my children) to send two free copies. OTHER + in my book. Of course, just to complicate things a bit there came Serbian Post and Customs office... After few complications and a detailed explanation and a letter by the Hoo-Rag team Customs office decided that they would not carry out the procedure for companies (which I'm not), but that they will "let" the shipment go to me as private person! I would use a momment  to say THANKS to the Serbian Customs and Post for understanding that they have shown. Special mention of course from my side goes to Veronica in the Hoo-Rag who went out of her way just to make sure I finally get my bandanas! Veronica and Hoo-Rag team THANKS A LOT!

Three scarves in a small packet. Nice packed in nylon bags with the logo and address of the manufacturer companie. All very nice and protected. Ordered bandana was Skull Daddy (of course my son and me we are hooked at the PS3 CoD Ghosts), the second is called Full Throttle (center), while the third is a classic pattern (right in the photo).

The bandana approximate dimensions are: length 46cm and width 26cm, do not forget that this is folded length so that the full width of 52cm whole, but this can get a full width only if the scarf is cut or tear along. 

Bandana is made ​​of high quality materials microfiber alike that absorbs well and is very friendly to the skin. Material thickness is not too large and the bandana can be worn all year round.

What is very
interesting and well designed that the bandana spun in one piece, or anywhere it has no seams that could interfere and calluses. Everything is done smoothly and without end.

Of course we come to the part about using these unique bandanas, and possible uses are very diverse. From being in your pocket and that you use to wipe sweat, hands, dirty parts, or any other use of specific to tissues and handkerchiefs, beyond that it can be used as a face mask (personal favorite use)!

Then, like a bin. Of course, as a scarf for your hair as you can see in my daughter in this family gallery # hooligan But for many other purposes and uses of which you can see in promo video:

Of course, that everyone asks, "Great, but what's that to me?"

As I said, my favorite way of wearing a "face mask" because I work at the communal waste landfill and meet with dust and other particles that I would not like you to get into the body.

Also it is usable  with bikers as a protection for the face, fishermen and hunters, amateurs, people who spend time outdoors, sportsmen, campers, fans .... everyone can find a use for this scarf and join the growing group # hooligan who # rocktherag.

Get yourself one and enjoy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Re: Review - The Better Bandana
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:49:18 PM
The same as a Buff ;)
I lost my Buff the other week, had it for years as well :cry:
I'm going to treat myself to a Merino wool one :D

http://www.buffwear.co.uk/ 
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:01:53 PM
The same as a Buff ;)

Though cheaper as I can see.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:26:14 PM
The same as a Buff ;)

I do like the merino ones...warm,without being heavy!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:40 PM
It looks similar to the ones the French Foreign Legion have been using.
s_m01_59771481.jpg
* s_m01_59771481.jpg (Filesize: 89.69 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:49:03 PM
I tried a few of those tubular bandanas by different makers, but the quality of the Buff is by far the best one.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:36 AM
I have four standard Buffs, a slightly moth eaten merino one, and a fleece lined one. They are excellent items

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 12:13:05 AM
So this thread made me look into this kind of bandanna as I use a standard bandanna to not breath in dust, but as many of you might know when wearing them in that fashion it can be very uncomfortable on your nose form the pressure. The design is not ideal and can still let in dust as well. I also get sun burned very easily and refuse to wear sunscreen so a bandanna with full face and neck coverage would be ideal. It seems as either the Buff or Hoo Rag would work well for this. The only downside I see is in the Buff. I like the breath holes if i'm say fishing all day, but if I used it for say keeping dust away I would have to wear it backwards. I was looking at the blue skull version so it would be a little weird if worn that way. I guess it is a small problem. Either way thanks for the heads up on these. It could save me some very bad skin damage.
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:29 AM
So this thread made me look into this kind of bandanna as I use a standard bandanna to not breath in dust, but as many of you might know when wearing them in that fashion it can be very uncomfortable on your nose form the pressure. The design is not ideal and can still let in dust as well. I also get sun burned very easily and refuse to wear sunscreen so a bandanna with full face and neck coverage would be ideal. It seems as either the Buff or Hoo Rag would work well for this. The only downside I see is in the Buff. I like the breath holes if i'm say fishing all day, but if I used it for say keeping dust away I would have to wear it backwards. I was looking at the blue skull version so it would be a little weird if worn that way. I guess it is a small problem. Either way thanks for the heads up on these. It could save me some very bad skin damage.

There's no breathing holes in Buff's... At least not in mine  :think:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 10:06:25 AM

There's no breathing holes in Buff's... At least not in mine  :think:

The Buffs I was looking at do.

http://www.planetbuff.com/media/wysiwyg/Mosquitno/Buff_Tepic_Bandana_Buff.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--uOjleGlGRY/T8fXHYforEI/AAAAAAAA6FE/KaHX57vR2As/s1600/IMG_9107.JPG
I'm the milk man!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
I sometimes use one of these (or very similar) against the sun: http://www.buffusa.com/sports/collections/visor-buff-reg/styles/visor-buff-anton I think it works well.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
Funny as i just washed my bandanas ill post pics later ,there not as scary as yours G  :tu:

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 12:22:31 PM

Been in Austria skiing...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline rickboone

Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 10:05:32 AM
I wish the edges didn't curl up.