Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Do You Make The Cut? - SOG CROSSCUT GIVEAWAY

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
One SOG giveaway ends, another one begins. :D

Yes, we've been blessed with a good haul of goodies this year so you'll be seeing a lot of giveaways this month. :cheers:

SOG sent us a few of their CrossCut 2.0 so here's the first giveaway featuring this tool.

You can check out SOGs site at www.sogknives.com for more cool multitools and knives.

If this tool is new to you you can check out the fine review of it our very own Lynn wrote about it for the last years Review competition. Now featured on our Main site of course. ;)

---------

To enter, simply tell us what your main use or uses of a multitool pair scissors is and how often you do that task, be it cutting your nails, opening packages or envelopes,... Simple, right? :D

So let's hear it. :cheers:

Post your reply in the format of:

XXX - username - use of scissors

where the XXX is a random number of your choice in the 001-500 range.  Well, you know the drill already.

BE SURE TO COPY THE LAST COMPLETE LIST OF ENTRIES AND ADD YOUR ENTRY IN THE APPROPRIATE SPOT.

This will be a fast one as we have a few of those to give away. Let's say we close it on the 18th of July at 20h server offset time.

Good luck everyone. :tu:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:01:31 PM by enki_ck »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Do You Make The Cut? - SOG CROSSCUT GIVEAWAY
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:26:41 PM
493 - Etherealicer - Micra / Classic, cutting cloth for a review, just this once ::)

Thanks SOG / enki, I was looking everywhere for that one (not available in Switzerland) and now I'm super psyched
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:20:34 PM
Nice giveaway! I already have a crosscat, so Ill sit this one out :)

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:27:53 PM
One SOG giveaway ends, another one begins. :D

Yes, we've been blessed with a good haul of goodies this year so you'll be seeing a lot of giveaways this month. :cheers:

SOG sent us a few of their CrossCut 2.0 so here's the first giveaway featuring this tool.

(Image removed from quote.)

You can check out SOGs site at www.sogknives.com for more cool multitools and knives.

If this tool is new to you you can check out the fine review of it our very own Lynn wrote about it for the last years Review competition. Now featured on our Main site of course. ;)

---------

To enter, simply tell us what your main use or uses of a multitool pair scissors is and how often you do that task, be it cutting your nails, opening packages or envelopes,... Simple, right? :D

So let's hear it. :cheers:

Post your reply in the format of:

XXX - username - use of scissors

where the XXX is a random number of your choice in the 001-500 range.  Well, you know the drill already.

BE SURE TO COPY THE LAST COMPLETE LIST OF ENTRIES AND ADD YOUR ENTRY IN THE APPROPRIATE SPOT.

This will be a fast one as we have a few of those to give away. Let's say we close it on the 18th of July at 20h server offset time.

Good luck everyone. :tu:
117 -  kkokkolis - SAK scissors for everything, 30 years in a row
493 - Etherealicer - Micra / Classic, cutting cloth for a review, just this once ::)

Usually it's my Swisschamp's scissors but I use the Squirt also now, grooming, sewing, working, hobbying, everything.

Offline Migripper

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:40:21 PM
117 -  kkokkolis - SAK scissors for everything, 30 years in a row
493 - Etherealicer - Micra / Classic, cutting cloth for a review, just this once
321-Migripper - this would be for my wife clipping coupons

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 04:42:53 PM
Seriously, 3 entries, two of them with bad formating :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

117 - kkokkolis - SAK scissors for everything, 30 years in a row
493 - Etherealicer - Micra / Classic, cutting cloth for a review, just this once
321 - Migripper - this would be for my wife clipping coupons

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:52:10 PM
Seriously, 3 entries, two of them with bad formating :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

What is that old saying ?   Something about people, glass houses, thrown stones ......     :pok:

Or is it some rule about when drawing attention to other people's mistakes be very careful you don't make mistakes yourself (so naturally I will have screwed up something myself  in this post :facepalm:  )

..... anyway, is this more like how it should go (ie numeric order) ?

I have a Crosscut already, so I'll sit this one out, but thanks to the good folk at SOG  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline Squinty

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:52:43 PM

225 - Squinty - blister pack opening, canvas, thin wire, cutting stems vines away from my chain link fence, theoretically clothing in case of emergency, trim plastic replacement tubing on restaurant dishwasher, zip ties

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:58:23 PM

What is that old saying ?   Something about people, glass houses, thrown stones ......     :pok:

Or is it some rule about when drawing attention to other people's mistakes be very careful you don't make mistakes yourself (so naturally I will have screwed up something myself  in this post :facepalm:  )

..... anyway, is this more like how it should go (ie numeric order) ?

I have a Crosscut already, so I'll sit this one out, but thanks to the good folk at SOG  :tu:
:facepalm: I didn't check the order, nothing bothers me more than the spacing :facepalm:

In my defense though I used the word FORMATING, not sorting or something :P

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 05:02:04 PM
Thanks for another giveaway chance :salute:

134 - Monrogue - I typically use them for whisker trimming the most  frequently, and my wife asks for them for various tasks often.

225 - Squinty - blister pack opening, canvas, thin wire, cutting stems vines away from my chain link fence, theoretically clothing in case of emergency, trim plastic replacement tubing on restaurant dishwasher, zip ties

K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 05:08:38 PM
Well, I was going to sit this out as I use and carry my Style CS, but.... I really want to do my own comparison on them, so I am in! :D

134 - Monrogue - I typically use them for whisker trimming the most  frequently, and my wife asks for them for various tasks often.

391 - derekmac - I use my SAK or MT scissors mostly for clipping small zip ties.  I also cut my nails with them at work since I usually forget to do it at home with proper clippers.  :facepalm:

hr Offline styx

Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

220 - styx - i actually use 'em mostly for small wires and trimming my beard

391 - derekmac - I use my SAK or MT scissors mostly for clipping small zip ties.  I also cut my nails with them at work since I usually forget to do it at home with proper clippers.  :facepalm:

Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 05:26:56 PM

456 - Nhoj - I use multitool and sak scissors for many uses a day. While it only represents a small part of what I do with them I think my most frequent use is clipping finger nails or opening packages.

us Offline Act2uToo

Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 05:39:22 PM
Thanks for the chance!  :salute:

402 - Act2uToo - Trimming nails, various stray hairs (nose, ears, eyebrows).  Cutting zip ties, packaging of all sorts.

456 - Nhoj - I use multitool and sak scissors for many uses a day. While it only represents a small part of what I do with them I think my most frequent use is clipping finger nails or opening packages.

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 06:19:38 PM
054 - CanadianLMfan - I use my scissors to cut paper, string, cloth, and other stuff like that.

402 - Act2uToo - Trimming nails, various stray hairs (nose, ears, eyebrows).  Cutting zip ties, packaging of all sorts.

[/quote]
Leatherman

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 06:44:26 PM
007 - Toolslinger - opening packages and trimming threads

054 - CanadianLMfan - I use my scissors to cut paper, string, cloth, and other stuff like that.

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 06:52:04 PM

277 - detron - mainly it is papercraft for my kids, but also: zip ties, boxes, duct tape, coupons, and a bunch of misc stuff here and there.

thank you SOG for the great give away items!
If I can help, let me know 

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

250 - microbe - cutting some renegade nostril hairs  :whistle:

277 - detron - mainly it is papercraft for my kids, but also: zip ties, boxes, duct tape, coupons, and a bunch of misc stuff here and there.

thank you SOG for the great give away items!
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 09:03:37 PM

300 - Capt. Spaulding - Use SAK scissors to trim beard hairs every day.

I'm the milk man!

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

148 - Powernoodle - opening packages, as you have more control than when using a knife

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 10:04:58 PM

148 - Powernoodle - opening packages, as you have more control than when using a knife

425 - dks - trimming ear-hair with the Vic manager

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 12:12:28 AM
Big thank you to the people at SOG for this great giveaway  :salute:.

024 - Top-Gear-24 - trimming all the long beard hairs that my beardtrimmer missed.

us Offline chivaceae

• 'ta bueno!
Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 12:34:09 AM

024 - Top-Gear-24 - trimming all the long beard hairs that my beardtrimmer missed.

250 - microbe - cutting some renegade nostril hairs 

391 - derekmac - I use my SAK or MT scissors mostly for clipping small zip ties.  I also cut my nails with them at work since I usually forget to do it at home with proper clippers. 

454 - chivaceae - I use my SAK scissors almost everyday, from trimming cuticles (mine are continuously thorn), fingernails, unwanted mustache, nostril and ear hairs (:D), plant leaves (I do research on plants), tags/labels (particularly those on clothing from my wife and son), cutting paper and adhesive tape, etc. Definitively by far the most used tool in my SAKs.

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:31 AM

240 - Dragon Lord - cutting paracord, duct tape, cloath thread

391 - derekmac - I use my SAK or MT scissors mostly for clipping small zip ties.  I also cut my nails with them at work since I usually forget to do it at home with proper clippers. 

454 - chivaceae - I use my SAK scissors almost everyday, from trimming cuticles (mine are continuously thorn), fingernails, unwanted mustache, nostril and ear hairs (:D), plant leaves (I do research on plants), tags/labels (particularly those on clothing from my wife and son), cutting paper and adhesive tape, etc. Definitively by far the most used tool in my SAKs.

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 01:52:49 AM

013 - Freaver - Only just started EDC'ing a pair of scissors today, on a fake SAK; I'm in dire need of quality-scissors! :D

nz Offline claws42

Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 01:57:00 AM

013 - Freaver - Only just started EDC'ing a pair of scissors today, on a fake SAK; I'm in dire need of quality-scissors! :D

042 - Claws42 - SAK scissors, cutting anything from paper to zip ties. A lot of plastic ties.

us Offline Havoc

Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 03:28:57 AM

042 - Claws42 - SAK scissors, cutting anything from paper to zip ties. A lot of plastic ties.

311 - Havoc - Trimming loose strings, almost daily.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 06:20:57 AM

313 - Crow - SAK or Multi scissors for precise cutting. Usually paper, nails, facial hair, cord. Much rather use scissors especially when my toddlers are near.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 01:38:19 PM

013 - Freaver - Only just started EDC'ing a pair of scissors today, on a fake SAK; I'm in dire need of quality-scissors!

236 - daverobson - As an electrician (35 years now) I find that I'm using scissors almost every day. Cutting thin wire, plastic cable ties, opening spare part packages as well as the usual tache & nail trimming duties.

313 - Crow - SAK or Multi scissors for precise cutting. Usually paper, nails, facial hair, cord. Much rather use scissors especially when my toddlers are near.

454 - chivaceae - I use my SAK scissors almost everyday, from trimming cuticles (mine are continuously thorn), fingernails, unwanted mustache, nostril and ear hairs (), plant leaves (I do research on plants), tags/labels (particularly those on clothing from my wife and son), cutting paper and adhesive tape, etc. Definitively by far the most used tool in my SAKs.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 02:29:51 PM
Mmmmmm......SOG........
Just wanted thank SOG and MTO for the giveaway.
Good luck everyone!!!

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62