Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Your Favorite Leatherman? - 8th Anniversary Giveaway

enki_ck · 136 · 8349

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Yes, I know I've been slacking off a bit on starting this one but it seems there's a giveaway or three posted every day so I didn't want to overcrowd you guys and gals. :whistle:

As I said already, Leatherman sent us a few of the cool Coyote Tan OHTs (and some other stuff too, but you'll see that soon ;) ) for our 8th Anniversary. I'd like to thank them for being so kind to us again this year. Great people working there. :hatsoff:

Their homepage (as if you didn't know that by now :P ) is www.leatherman.com.

The prize: :drool:

http://www.leatherman.com/49.html

So tell us what your favorite Leatherman made tool is, why it's your favorite and how long have you been carrying it. You can (it's encouraged :pok: ) post a pic of it too, :D but it's not a requirement. :salute:

One entry per member, but you can comment as many times as you like. ;) Entries close in 5 days when the game starts, on Wednesday, the 23th at 20:00 CET (server offset time) and the winner will be announced shortly after the that.

Looking forward to many posts of Leatherman love. :dd:

Again, open worldwide to all MTO members regardless of post count.

Have fun. ;)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Awesome, thanks LM and MT.O!!  :cheers:

Hmmm, this is a very, very hard choice for me.  :think:  I think I will have to go with my BO ST200 as my overall favourite LM.  I'm choosing this because of the tool loadout that it has.  I prefer my TTi for pocket carry, and using as a knife, but the tools in it do not equal that of the ST200.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
My favorite Leatherman is the Charge TTi. Because it has everything (minus an awl -but I carry my Spirit also) and it is lightweight and great at hand. I also like the one hand opening, that's why i would be happy to try that OHT also if I win.

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Thank you Leatherman and thank you MTO and staff,  this is a great opportunity.

I would go with the Charge TTi. as kkokkolis said, it has everything (Minus awl and Crimpers that the surge has)  but I keep the Surge on my bag, so both items are covered.

I have been carrying this tool for about 7 months,  and I love it  it is strong, versatile and sexy   :dd:
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
I'm going to have to go with the Rebar today because it has a lot of tools but mostly because of its light weight.

SAW

us Offline n4vgm

I only own three Leatherman products and I guess the one I use most often must be the fav. The Wingman is too large for general carry in my world but when I travel it rides in a small "Man Bag" with other EDC stuff. My Squirt P4 gets some time here and there but my Squirt PS4 is in the regular rotation because some of my pants have shallow pockets.

For the size I think the squirt is the best for plier based MTs!

I also now have a LM #4 on the keychain so that is always with me.
LMSquirt.jpg
* LMSquirt.jpg (Filesize: 53.63 KB)
LMNumber4.jpg
* LMNumber4.jpg (Filesize: 57.24 KB)

us Offline powernoodle

Though I carry the Rebar on a daily basis to save a few ounces, my favorite Leatherman among the current lineup is the new Surge. 

Surge.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Leatherman Knifeless Fuse. Whilst not the most glamourous tool, this has served as my Safe EDC since 2010. It pretty much goes everywhere I go.
f.jpg
* f.jpg (Filesize: 52.89 KB)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline Oht3382

I would have to say the Surge is my favorite.  It just seems to be able to handle everything.  It's just tough. I live on a farm and work hard and the surge is always right there with me. I've been carrying it for 5 years
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:17:40 PM by Oht3382 »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Many thanks to LM, and MTO for another generous giveaway chance :salute:

Now this is a bit of a tough one for me :think:  This may be a long post...you'll be sorry you asked Nikola ;) 

I have four LMs that I carry regularly, and each one is a fave in its own way.  I've been most surprised by how much I like my OG-Supertool though.  I was just curious about it, and knowing it was more of a heavy duty, and therefore, heavier MT, I didn't expect I'd get along with it that well.  Fortunately, at $35 like new (seriously, I don't think it had ever been touched when I first held it), I couldn't resist.  Only real negative for me is the locking mechanism, but it's also a plus in a way.  While it's somewhat inconvenient, it's not that bad once you get used to it.  The plus is that there are no lock tabs sticking out, so the tool is sleek like the PST, and the ruler isn't messed up by the tabs.  So I'm glad I took the chance on it, as I really enjoy it, and it's not as heavy as I thought it'd be :tu:

I also had a similar steal of a deal with my OG-Wave.  Cheap price, and like new.  This is one I'd been wanting for a long time, and it didn't disappoint, for the most part.  One big strike against it is the lack of a pocket clip, which I was informed I could remedy with an attachable clip, like a Nite-Ize or something like that.  While that is tempting to do, I'm not sure I want to attach something in that manner.  However, it would increase how often I may carry it if I had that convenient carry method.  Still, it's a great MT, and I'm glad I got it :tu:

Next is my BORebar, which was obtained through one of the many generous members here :salute:  The Rebar is like having a scaled down Supertool really.  It's much lighter and easier to carry, and I love the pliers.  The tool is pretty tough for it's size, and is a great all around lightweight MT.  It's great for my degree of usage, where the Supertool may seem a bit much for my normal daily life.  The BO is cool too :tu:

Last, but certainly not least, is my newly created ReCharge TTi.  I know that's not exactly a stock model, so if it doesn't count, no biggie.  I'm still gonna list it anyway :P  As others have said regarding the TTi, it's a great MT, and very convenient with the OHO blades and the outer tools.  However, as others have said, it doesn't seem as robust in a sense, compared to the Rebar/Supertool.  Of course, giving it Rebar pliers helps sweeten it to me a bit ;)  Also, having a pocket clip makes it a convenient carry, which is good considering it's the heaviest MT I own, weighing in at 9.1oz with the clip.  Yes, heavier than the OG-Supertool, which weighs only 8.8oz. 

Sorry I can't post any pics right now, but I think my post is long enough ;)  I'm trying to pick one favorite in the spirit of this giveaway, which is not an easy task for someone like me :ahhh  Overall, it comes down to the OHO blades vs the extra versatility (imo) of the classic LM design of the Rebar/Supertool.  Convenience of carry is also a factor, especially considering I don't sheath carry.  I do like the convenience of OHO blades, however, it's not a feature I really need or miss much at all when I don't have it.  I think this narrows it down to the Rebar and Supertool.  This is tough, as I actually kind of like the Supertool maybe slightly more (which could be due to my low expectations when getting it, and how pleasantly surprised I was), but the Rebar is basically the same thing, and I think edges it out due to the pliers, and the fact that it's considerably lighter and therefore, easier to carry.  So I guess I would have to go with the BORebar....this time >:D

Sorry for the incredibly long post though ::)
K-Tibbs

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
My first leatherman choice

Not my pic, but shows the MT

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
My first leatherman choice

(Image removed from quote.)

Not my pic, but shows the MT
Although I have some issues with the Wingman, you can't beat those scissors or its package opener :tu:
SAW

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
A big thank you to Leatherman and MTo, Good luck to all.

I feel like a tool entering after winning the Skeletool but this is one I really want to try sorry peeps.

I thought the WAVE was the finest tool LM made till I got my SURGE.  The Surge as most know is a WAVE on steroids.  There are some feature that make it stand out for me.  I love the blade exchanger and the new SURGE with the replaceable wire cutters.  I didn't think I was much of a scissor user but the large scissors on the SURGE are a huge plus. 

I love this tool and the BO just send it over the top for me.   
IMG_3928.jpg
* IMG_3928.jpg (Filesize: 224.15 KB)
IMG_3930.JPG
* IMG_3930.JPG (Filesize: 241.5 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline av8r1

Gotta go with my Skeletool.  It's been on my hip since 2010.  I like it because I don't have to stop and fiddle with it every time I need a tool.  I can feel where everything is, and everything is at most two clicks away.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

bg Offline N_N_R

That's a difficult one... why? Because I've had very few of them and now I have several and can't decide which one is my fave :ahhh

Still, I think my love for the key chain ones has been replaced by passion for the full-size LMs ... so.. I guess right now my favourite is the PST I got from Aloha. Why? Because I'd wanted one for ages and since I'm happy to have it, apparently my love hasn't died out :D Because it's closer to full-size and yet very slim. And because, although no tools accessible on the outside, it has a nice shape. Smooth and symmetrical. ... There're a few that come a close second. but.

Can't post a pic right now because as I said in the other thread, it's also soaking in a coke bath tub... :D

Awesome giveaway :tu:

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
For me, it's the Flair (SURPRISE!¡! :whistle: ) It's just a very unique tool and it's the only LM I have bought multiples of (4 total :D and I'm on the search for number 5 :D ). Of course, they weren't all for me but who cares?

Leatherman Flairs by stealth007s, on Flickr
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

bg Offline kiak

I have only two  :facepalm: Leatherman tools, and I like them both very much. But my favourite is Wave, because it is reliable, strong and versatile.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Great prize! Thanks for the opportunity!

My favorite is the Style PS, I've carying/using it for a couple of months. Very light, easy to use and very helpfull around the office and computers.

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Finally an easy Givaway, no picking numbers or a card, finally something easy, oh and best of all no List that gets screwed up :P:

Thanks Leatherman, thanks enki_ck...
charge.jpg
* charge.jpg (Filesize: 109.69 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline super m

Here's mine the leatherman style cs  I have it on me everywhere I go I use every bit of it at work and at home.  It's my goto MT even though I carry a larger MT on me at all times and a knife. (Gratuitous pic of my brewzer)   

Brüder, die Brüdern Helfen
Brothers helping Brothers

us Offline Havoc

Juice KF4, I like it because it's light, easy to pocket carry and because I have never had an urgent need for a corkscrew...

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Great GAW :salute:
No brainer OG wave  :tu:
13986314414151.jpg
* 13986314414151.jpg (Filesize: 103.18 KB)

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
It is gotta be my Mini-Surge!  :D  EDC since birth, ....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:55:48 PM by Kampfer »
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
I have to say my favorite Leatherman is the Style PS. I have been carrying one since they released them and I literally never leave home without it. I have traveled across the country with it and it is my most used and loved Leatherman to date. It has proven to be invaluable to me.

Thank you Leatherman for the generosity!  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
A surprisingly hard question. If I narrow it down to in-production LM's it's easy: new model SURGE in BO.

Has everything I could possibly need and I can customize my accessory load-out to dial in the perfect selection of tools/bits. It's also built like a tank! I've only had it for a few months, but it's a keeper for sure.

(If we go modded tools, it's a BO ReWave and retired tools it's my first ever MT Charge XTi.)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
My favorite is my weekend EDC, my Leatherman Hybrid.  I have used everytool on it including the grafting blade to graft apple trees.  In addition, it was a gift from my beautiful better half and it was the my first Leatherman tool.  You never forget your first and I never will.....
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
It is gotta be my Mini-Surge!  :D  EDC since birth, ....
(Image removed from quote.)

I missed the fact it had a removable file!    :drool:
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
I have got to go with my modded Leatherman Wave. The Wave just does so much in such a relatively small package.

Wave by rdub934, on Flickr

Honorable mention to the Wingman, though. Tough to beat for that price.

Thanks for the chance Leatherman and MTO!
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
I have to say my favorite Leatherman is the Style PS. I have been carrying one since they released them and I literally never leave home without it. I have traveled across the country with it and it is my most used and loved Leatherman to date. It has proven to be invaluable to me.

Thank you Leatherman for the generosity!  :salute:

Now I want a Style PS even more...... I carry a Style CS every day with a Squirt P4, but I have always thought the Style PS/CS combo would be better suited to my needs. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
The Rebar is definitely my favourite Leatherman tool. It has any tool that I could ever need (except for scissors), is lightweight, and is also compact for a full-size tool. :tu:
Leatherman

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD