Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Loving my new EDC light S-10 L2

Havoc · 12 · 1422

us Offline Havoc

Loving my new EDC light S-10 L2
on: July 19, 2014, 12:37:47 AM
Hi, my name is Havoc and I'm a tool-a-holic.  I am enamored with knives, multi-tools, flashlights and carabineer dangly things.

That being said, I have way too many flashlights and even more knives, at least according to my wife.  >:D

It takes a really special combination of features to get me to carry a light for more than a few days before I move on to another.  I recently procured a Olight S-10 L2 Baton CR123 powered flashlight.  I know that we all have particular wants and needs in the items we choose to tote around with us on a daily basis but WOW, I am thoroughly impressed with this tiny little beast.

I won't bore you with a bunch of specs you can read here: S10-L2 Baton

I know some must have a tail clickie, when I need one I have a couple dozen to pick from.  I know some of ya'll want a big light maybe carried in a pouch or belt mounted rig but I don't always have that luxury and other than If I'm going to a foreign country I don't worry about my battery choice.

I will tell you that if you are not adverse to a CR123 flashlight and you don't have to have a tail clicky you should check this light out.  Small (only 2.75" long!), good lighting level choices, good clip (if it were only 3/8 longer) last level memory, switch lockout, it tail stands and has a strong magnet in the tail.

It's been along time since I have been this happy with a EDC light and I thought I would share.  Thanks for letting me ramble, if you have any questions on this light just holler!

-Havoc

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Loving my new EDC light S-10 L2
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:56:50 PM
I've liked the look of the S10 since it first came out.  Always struck me that you get a heck of a lot for your money with it. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 03:05:30 PM
I had an S15 Baton, also a very nice flashlight, but I prefer my Zebralight SC52, with the more recessed switch.

I took out the magnet in the tail, as for pure edc, I was more afraid it would damage something in my pockets (credit cards are easily damaged by magnets, I believe) or pull my keys out or something, and I barely ever used it.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 01:27:24 PM
Yes, same as Gareth, I've been lusting over the S10 even before they were released. The S15 draws me even more. :dd: But I have too many flashlights in this format already so I never pulled the trigger. :-\

Glad to hear you're liking yours so much. :cheers:

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 12:24:12 AM
I love my S10 so much that I gave the L2 version to @JAfromMN in the MTo Christmas pool last year... and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to give him my original and keep the L2 for myself! :D

I absolutely love the UI on this light -- stupid easy to figure out, and I love the mode memory as well. The option to turn the light on in moonlight mode (regardless of what is currently in the mode memory) is a retina saver in the middle of the night. the H/M/L levels are well spaced out and give you great options. I personally like the tail magnet; I use this to light up my workbench when doing mods. :D

it's a little large for my taste as an EDC light, so I carry the smaller cousin, an i3S EOS for EDC. But for camping, weekend projects, and general around the house use, this is a fantastic light. :tu:

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:09 AM
I love my S10 so much that I gave the L2 version to @JAfromMN in the MTo Christmas pool last year... and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to give him my original and keep the L2 for myself! :D

I absolutely love the UI on this light -- stupid easy to figure out, and I love the mode memory as well. The option to turn the light on in moonlight mode (regardless of what is currently in the mode memory) is a retina saver in the middle of the night. the H/M/L levels are well spaced out and give you great options. I personally like the tail magnet; I use this to light up my workbench when doing mods. :D

(Image removed from quote.)

it's a little large for my taste as an EDC light, so I carry the smaller cousin, an i3S EOS for EDC. But for camping, weekend projects, and general around the house use, this is a fantastic light. :tu:

I love the l2 it's my favorite cr123 light I've owned.  Best Xmas gift ever :)
Defend the Hive!!!

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 08:27:33 AM

Nice work space.  :salute:  The i3S EOS is next on my small lights to try list.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

Nice work space.  :salute:  The i3S EOS is next on my small lights to try list.

thanks zoidberg. :salute: and just for the record, the S10 is lighting up my workbench on the medium setting in that pic. :D

us Offline Havoc

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 08:50:03 AM
Hey fellas, forgive my slow reply I had an unexpected hospitalization/surgery that took me off my feet for a few days.

I don't know why I had overlooked this light (or the S15) for so long but I am thrilled that it rides with me now.

I absolutely love the UI on this light -- stupid easy to figure out, and I love the mode memory as well. The option to turn the light on in moonlight mode (regardless of what is currently in the mode memory) is a retina saver in the middle of the night.

I couldn't agree more, easy UI, memory and I didn't even originally mention the ability to access the firefly/moonlight no matter the memory, which is awesome.

Only thing I'd change is a slightly longer clip to give a deeper pocket carry.  If they killed the SOS/strobe modes i wouldn't cry either...   :D   

us Offline Havoc

Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:33:02 AM
--Update--

It's been over 6 months now and I still reach for this little beast when I'm stuffing a light in my pocket.

I use it almost every day and I haven't had a hiccup yet.

I just thought I'd check in with a longer usage update.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 07:41:11 AM
--Update--

It's been over 6 months now and I still reach for this little beast when I'm stuffing a light in my pocket.

I use it almost every day and I haven't had a hiccup yet.

I just thought I'd check in with a longer usage update.

thanks for the update! :tu: glad to hear the light is still serving you well.

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 09:32:30 AM
Cheers Havoc. :cheers:  It's always good to hear feedback on things after a long period of use. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%