Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sharpie Mini for EDC

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Sharpie Mini for EDC
on: July 21, 2014, 09:21:11 PM
For many moons I have carried a Sharpie Mini on a daily basis.  It weights next to nothing, and provides a surprising amount of utility.  Like MTs, knives and lights, its one of those things that you don't realize you "need" until you start carrying it.  It has the "fine" tip of a standard Sharpie, and comes with a key ring clip, which I remove.

I found out only recently that, at least in the Colonies, the Sharpie Mini is available for sale only as a "back to school" item each year.  This was quiet an epiphany for me, as I would look for these things both online and in bricks-and-mortar stores throughout the year, and could rarely find them.  So today at "Staples" I loaded up on 5x more at US$ 0.99 each to get me through the next year.  That's more than I need, but this is how hoarders shop.

So if the Sharpie Mini is available where you are, consider giving it a ride.

Sharpie Mini, with Fisher Space Pen, Smith & Wesson 442, nail clippers, Classic SD, PS4, Foursevens LED and Spyderco Sage 1.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Sharpie Mini for EDC
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:45:41 PM
Agreed, I try and keep one handy. I say try as Yssa will take the standard ones because she is a big kid and Lil will take the mini ones because she is little. That and the mini ones are hard to find down here as well.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:27:21 PM
Only found them once in the last 4-5 years. A local office supplies store had 6 in different colors. Only one in black :( . I bought them all. :D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:47 AM
They're quite common here. I gave up on them,because I never get them back when I lend them out at work :facepalm:

I now use the full sized stainless steel sharpie. I'm the only one sad enough to have one :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:44:52 AM
I bought some no name ones at harbor freight and they are working great.     
Esse Quam Videri

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:18:02 AM
Good shout. :tu:  Got one tucked into my mini tool kit now.  My only problem is that I destroy the tips by writing on unsuitable surfaces - stainless mesh, OSB, that sort of thing.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:43 PM
... I gave up on them,because I never get them back when I lend them out at work ...

Next time you lend a pen or marker, don't give the cap part to the borrower.  That will prevent them from placing the exposed pen or marker in their pocket.   :D
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 12:13:02 PM
... I gave up on them,because I never get them back when I lend them out at work ...

Next time you lend a pen or marker, don't give the cap part to the borrower.  That will prevent them from placing the exposed pen or marker in their pocket.   :D

>:D

Good thinking. ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44