Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help me find a Sheath

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Help me find a Sheath
on: July 24, 2014, 09:47:26 PM
I am currently using a Maxpedition TC-1, it carry a iPhone5, Min-Surge & attachable file, PocketWrench II and LD01.
See attached. The entire loadout weights 1lb 4oz, not bad.

However the MT being the heaviest item in the loadout is position on the most outer layer (photo 2), which makes the weight, noticeable.
What I am looking for is a sheath that is similar to TC-1 BUT I can position the MT on inner layer and phone on outer layer.

Thanks. 
photo 1.JPG
* photo 1.JPG (Filesize: 176.78 KB)
photo 2.JPG
* photo 2.JPG (Filesize: 145.43 KB)
photo 3.JPG
* photo 3.JPG (Filesize: 229.67 KB)
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Re: Help me find a Sheath
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:58:01 PM
I am currently using a Maxpedition TC-1, it carry a iPhone5, Min-Surge & attachable file, PocketWrench II and LD01.
See attached. The entire loadout weights 1lb 4oz, not bad.

However the MT being the heaviest item in the loadout is position on the most outer layer (photo 2), which makes the weight, noticeable.
What I am looking for is a sheath that is similar to TC-1 BUT I can position the MT on inner layer and phone on outer layer.

Thanks.

Skinth Magnum? Maybe a Skinth Trailblazer if you want to have the MT sit on the side. :D
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:22:31 PM
What he said^

I wear a skinith at work everyday.  I don't know how I got by without it.
Defend the Hive!!!

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:41 PM
Hmmmm, if i may chime in here for help, too.....

I already had a look at the Skinth site (in fact more than once), cause i´m searching for 2 different sheats - but i don´t find what i would like, not sure if it isn´t there or if i´m to smurf to find what i need.

One sheat i´m thinking about is for my edc - a pouch that fits my skeletool snuggly, one side with a pocket/slot for my 100mm long and 25mm dia flash, other side a pocket/slot for a pen or something that small dia. Prefered with a button instead of velcro, but that is not hammered in stone. I would also prefer to be able to wear it both ways on the belt.

The other is for my coming surge. A snug fit for the MT itself, and a pocket/slot for a 120mm long and 30mm dia flashlight, button on the flap - that´s what i already know. But i´m not sure yet what additional details i want/need for that ...... no small ratchet/bits in this for sure, i have a Facom Nano for my bagpack, it covers nearly all bits and 1/4" nuts + extras - but maybe a variety of different jigsaw blades will find it´s way in the sheath...

I think for the side pockets/slots i would like a flex material, without a bottom - for more versatility? Your opinion?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I know my wishes are a little bit special, i prefer my stuff fitting to my wishes as much as possible. But as there is so much stuff out there that i don´t know myself, maybe one of you has seen what i´m searching for.   :)
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:40:33 PM

I have a Custom Leathercraft (CLC) tool pouch model 1104, though I don't use it:

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leathercraft-1104-Multi-Purpose-Holder/dp/B000CP0SSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406579344&sr=8-1&keywords=clc+tool+pouches

Despite the name of the company, the pouch is made of a woven Cordura-type material.

I test fit a stock Leatherman Wave in the rear left compartment and it fits.

I didn't require a belt pouch that big, but you carry more gear in your belt pouch than I do.  The CLC 1104 has more open space at the top when the cover is closed than the Maxpedition TC-1.  That makes it easier to access the contents, though they may be more prone to fall out, but I didn't experience that.

You can Google "CLC 1104 pouch" and find them sold by many retailers.  I have seen them sold in the hardware departments of stores like Rural King or The Big R.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:33 PM
I think I seen it in my local Ace hardware, i will go check it out, thanks.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD