Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK cellidor & GAK mod ?s

us Offline VictorLouis

SAK cellidor & GAK mod ?s
on: July 27, 2014, 02:13:56 AM
With respect to a cellidor build, will it accept the awl from the alox series, and if so, in the same spot opposing the main blade? Are the bottom tools pretty much compatible with whatever is above them (other than the fitting needed for a CS of course)? IOW, could one put a reamer where there was a CS, or a parcel hook where there was a phillips?

On the 108mm models, can ANYthing be rigged to pivet off of the thong-hole end? Something like a pruner, or small spear from a regular sak?

Thanks!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: SAK cellidor & GAK mod ?s
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:35:15 AM
In terms of location, should work, but it's a larger size pin. You may need to reprofile the awl just a hair, but I've seen it done. It will be sloppy or you'll have to redrill everything else on that side.

But I've never seen an off side tool on a 108
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:39:31 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline VictorLouis

Cellidor mod clarification
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:55 PM
Okay, thinking seroiusly on a cellidor mod. Please consider 'routine' mods,
not having to jump through hoops w/custom cutting springs, or anything quite laborious.

Looking at the back tools of my Explorer as the example:

Hook is opposite the scissors
reamer is opposite the two openers,
and CS is opposite the blades.

Is it possible to get a reamer paired with scissors, or
opposite the blade/s?
CS opposite scissors?

Back-phillips must pair with what?

Thanks!

EDITED for clarity: Ok, I figured out what I want would be a Yeoman pattern with :

The ALOX style awl paired with main-blade, AND the combo opener swapped out for the inline philips   

OR
Yeoman with the parcel hook replaced by a reamer, which is the back tool paired with the scissors.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:22:07 PM by VictorLouis »

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:36:14 PM
Well, considering my modding experience of about a month, "routine" mods are about all I can answer to  :P  Some of my answers are just based on what I've read, not personal experience.

The hook is essentially the only back tool that fits behind the scissors (or find an older spring with no back tool).  The hook is rounded at the base to the point that none of the other tools fit well.

Now, using the ALOX awl in a 91mm celidor would mean some more extensive customizing as the hole for alox tools is 3mm, and 91mm celidor tools use 2.5mm.  This would mean essentially drilling out all tools to 3mm, and even then I don't know how the snap would be for that awl.

There are definitely more experienced modders out there with more information, hopefully we can get your questions answered.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:38:11 PM by eddie1115 »

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 06:42:13 PM
AFAIK, the corkscrew and phillips, along with the chisel and small screwdriver are the only directly interchangable back tools on the 91's. The hook and awl are slightly different widths than either of those and can be made to work only with more extensive mods. Also, the main blade widths are different on the newer models and need to be paired with the dimpled liners for them to fit properly. Interchanging complete layers is the easiest way to accomplish a good working mod, i.e. scissors-hook, file-chisel, etc. The modding guides stickied at the top of the mod squad forum are especially helpful. Wish I could help more but I'm a beginner also, only having done a handful of 91's and a couple 111's and 58's.

Good luck, it's a satisfying thing to assemble your perfect SAK.  :tu:

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 06:53:22 PM
About the alox tools fitting, I have seen some different mods accomplished on this forum by very talented and experienced modders using 93 parts on 91's. I saw somewhere (maybe on this forum), a 91mm inline awl but they must be the rarest of the rare. Hopefully some of the other more knowledgable members can help.  :salute:

us Offline VictorLouis

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:22:54 AM
Thanks, all.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85