Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wanted: Victorinox Pioneer Alox Old Cross & Cadet Alox Ribbed

au Offline Mark in Oz

Perhaps you can help me with my search for 2 old Swiss Army Knives's, both in worn red Alox.

First off is a Pioneer with the old cross, and hopefully brass liners, and perhaps even the satin/machined squarer finish on the tools. I'd like the tools to not abused, but the Alox to have some (or alot of) evidence of wear.

Secondly is a Cadet, with the ribbed Alox. Just like the Pioneer, hopefully the tools will be well respected and fully functional, but the Alox showing evidence of lots of pocket time too.

Please let me know if you can help, or have any leads on the above knives. Any help will be much appreciated!
Wanted to Buy:
* Victorinox Straight Ribbed Cadet I (with nail file) in red alox (worn preferred)
* Victorinox Old Cross Pioneer, red alox (worn preferred), brass liners & keyring

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Welcome to the forum.

The pioneer shouldn't be too hard to find, they come up on eBay quite regularly at still reasonable prices, but you'll need rather deeper pockets for the Cadet. Ribbed Cadets don't come cheap these days, especially red ones.

Having said that, someone picked up a Silver ribbed Cadet for a bargain recently.  Sometimes you get lucky.

au Offline Mark in Oz

Thats a response that makes me think I'm in the right place. Thanks for the info PTRSAK. I do have an eye on ebay, but I always prefer to deal direct when I can. PayPal makes this safer, and ebay selling fees are getting redonkulous.

Can I ask what is the going price range is for a well worn Cadet in red alox? Just so I can be informed if one does come up.

Since my OP I've been eyeing off the ribbed alox Bantam too, so please add that to my list.

Lastly, if anyone has any of these models in the current style red alox, preferably well pocket worn, please let me know too?
Wanted to Buy:
* Victorinox Straight Ribbed Cadet I (with nail file) in red alox (worn preferred)
* Victorinox Old Cross Pioneer, red alox (worn preferred), brass liners & keyring

au Offline Mark in Oz

Re: Wanted: Victorinox Pioneer Alox Old Cross & Cadet Alox Ribbed
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:14:08 PM
I've extended my search to any red alox 84mm single or double layer Victorinox, with pocket wear or without. Please let me know if you have any you're willing to sell, or any advice on where or how to fine one?

Thanks for reading.
Wanted to Buy:

ca Offline gunga

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:04 AM
What's the going price for that kind of pioneer?

au Offline Mark in Oz

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:15:34 PM
A search on completed auctions on fleabay gives some idea. I've seen a wide range, $45 to over $100.
Wanted to Buy:

au Offline Mark in Oz

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 02:21:40 PM
Old Cross Pioneer sorted, thanks MTO.

Still searching for the following old cross alox, red, and hopefully with pocket wear
  • Cadet
  • Bantam (silver straight ribbed?)
  • Popular with keyring
  • Almost any 84mm old cross red alox single layer with keyring
Wanted to Buy:

au Offline Mark in Oz

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 11:56:11 AM
Any vintage SAK Alox that needs a new home?
Wanted to Buy:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%