Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lynn Lefey

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Lynn Lefey
on: July 30, 2014, 12:53:51 AM
I wanted to add to my post thanking Lynn for the great knife transaction she made possible for me. I also wanted to point out for all site members that Lynn was kind enough to accept my sincere apologies for a very stupid comment I made to her a while back. She assured me that it was "water under the bridge" and that we were ok. Just one more of MANY reasons I frequent this site and consider it's membership to be the finest in the world.

Lynn, once again, I'm sorry and thank you for being much more mature than I was. You are a 1st class act and someone I'm honored to call "friend". Let's do business again in the future.

Very Sincerely,

Stew... :salute:
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: Lynn Lefey
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:09 AM
I've never bought or traded with Lynn, but I would in a heartbeat!!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:03:37 AM
That it even occurred to you (scattergun) that there might be hard feelings speaks volumes about your character, and that of the general membership here at MTO.

Glad the trade was to your satisfaction, and really, I was not hurt by your comments. Equally, I said some sour things that I can see how they were taken harshly.

Truly, no hard feelings on my end, and I hope on yours.

A for trading with that Lynn lady... I dunno. She's a bit... ummm... questionable in her judgement.  :rofl:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:09 AM
Lynn, we all may be just a bit questionable in our character and that's ok. We are family and we won't always see eye to eye, that's ok too. However, no outsiders are allowed to come between us lest we as a family turn on them. I've now learned the value of my friendship with Lynn and the rest of the MT.O family. Thanks for setting the example Lynn, clearly, I'm never too old to learn something. And if I may, Lynn is a veteran of the Air Force and has served our beloved USA. My children go through their daily lives in freedom because of what Lynn and others like her did. They selflessly set an example for the rest of us to follow, they said with towering collective voices, "I'll go so that others won't have to".

A great man once said that " no greater love hath any man than he be willing to lay down his life for another". Lynn, along with many of you, did just that. It is a source of great regret on my part that I insulted Lynn and those of her caliber. I feel complete now that she's taken the higher road and forgiven me. For that I will always remain in her debt and always be grateful that she was kind enough to let me back into the fold. From my experience, 8 years in the Marine Corps, her actions are in keeping with those of the great leaders come and gone before us, and for that matter, just damn fine people that one wants to, and should strive to align themselves with.

I hope someday to pay forward what she did for me. Lynn, it is with great pride that I close this by saying to you, my beloved Marine Corps' motto...SEMPER FIDELIS! Always faithful.

Yours in service and patriotism,

Phil Stewart, USMC 1986-1992

I hope someday our families can meet and we can do this :cheers:. It would be an honor for both me and my family.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:31:19 AM by scattergun13 »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:43 AM
I had an excellent trade with Lynn a while back and as a result got my beloved KF4.  She is an outstanding member and you are correct Stew she's a 1st class person.  I would recommend trading or buying from her without question.   :salute: 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 12:16:32 AM
I had an excellent trade with Lynn a while back and as a result got my beloved KF4.  She is an outstanding member and you are correct Stew she's a 1st class person.  I would recommend trading or buying from her without question.   :salute:

I couldn't agree with you more Sir. And thank you for weighing in. Now that I've patched things up with her I fully intend to harass her endlessly about her knowledge of can openers! :rofl: I'll probably get myself back on her bad side and have to beg forgiveness, AGAIN! :twak: :twak: :twak:

Stew...

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:25:28 AM
I feel really weird about this, Stew, because I didn't really think it was any big thing.  :shrug:

But DON'T GET ME STARTED about can openers!  :rofl:

I can't say I'm particularly knowledgeable about them at all. I think I can definitively state that, for me, I can open cans faster with a hook type than a Vic type. AND I could add that the difference from fastest to slowest is a few seconds for a #300 can, so... not that different.

In any case, it's good to know I'm fairly well regarded, and I'll try to keep it that way, here on the most civil message board on the planet. :salute:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 12:32:49 AM
I feel really weird about this, Stew, because I didn't really think it was any big thing.  :shrug:

But DON'T GET ME STARTED about can openers!  :rofl:

I can't say I'm particularly knowledgeable about them at all. I think I can definitively state that, for me, I can open cans faster with a hook type than a Vic type. AND I could add that the difference from fastest to slowest is a few seconds for a #300 can, so... not that different.

In any case, it's good to know I'm fairly well regarded, and I'll try to keep it that way, here on the most civil message board on the planet. :salute:
Please don't feel weird, that was never my intention and it wasn't a big deal until I said something way uncalled for. As far as I'm concerned all that is resolved but per our previous discussion, I was honored and I intend to earn your trust. The can opener thing was just me being bored and looking for a way to give you a hard time. :D
Sometime when we can speak privately, I have a very moving story to tell you that is quite relevant and changed my life for the better.
Be well,
Stew and Bo...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%