Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help me choose my first Gerber...

Poll

What should my first Gerber MT be?

MP400
10 (38.5%)
MP600
11 (42.3%)
Flik
2 (7.7%)
Other
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 16, 2014, 06:14:48 AM

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Re: Help me choose my first Gerber...
Reply #120 on: September 13, 2014, 05:26:41 AM
I am going to save you from Gerbers  >:D
You're edging closer to feeling the wrath of the Cult of the Flicky.... >:D
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #121 on: September 13, 2014, 05:45:59 AM
I am going to save you from Gerbers  >:D
You're edging closer to feeling the wrath of the Cult of the Flicky.... >:D

:rofl:
K-Tibbs

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #122 on: September 13, 2014, 12:50:32 PM
I am content that you are getting along with it. Of course, once you buy one Gerber, it is hard to stop at just one.  :pok:  :pok:  >:D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #123 on: September 13, 2014, 02:11:29 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Derek, but I like it :P :pok: :rofl:
Oh bugger.  :(

:rofl:  Really glad that you like it! :tu:  I still really want one, but my want list is too damn big.  :facepalm:  I think I would get good use and enjoyment out of one though.  Now if I only had the ability to let go of something I have, I'd be able to trade for one.  :facepalm:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #124 on: September 13, 2014, 05:44:28 PM
I am content that you are getting along with it. Of course, once you buy one Gerber, it is hard to stop at just one.  :pok:  :pok:  >:D
Right, and I've found that out since I already have acquired two in less than a month ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #125 on: September 13, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

:rofl:  Really glad that you like it! :tu:  I still really want one, but my want list is too damn big.  :facepalm:  I think I would get good use and enjoyment out of one though.  Now if I only had the ability to let go of something I have, I'd be able to trade for one.  :facepalm:
I bet you would enjoy it.  Ir's a great fiddle factor MT :). I know what you mean though.  It's hard to try to choose items to possibly trade/sell. 
K-Tibbs

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #126 on: September 14, 2014, 12:16:54 AM
Hey Gabriel buddy :D  I've been enjoying my MP400.  The flicky pliers are fun, and the tools have served me just fine so far in my limited use.  As you said, it's no Rebar, especially in versatility.  However, I typically don't require much in my daily life, and most of that is covered by my Rogueneer. 

I'm excited to get my Flik, and it should arrive tomorrow morning.  I'll post my thoughts on that one after I've fiddled with it.  Do you have a Flik?  I would likely assume you do based on some of the hauls you've had in the past, and the fact you seem to be a Gerber fan ;)

Haha! Fun is the magic word...and speed. Man they sure deploy fast.

Yes I have a Gerber flik. I like it a lot. Especially since the tools are accessible from the outside even if it's a flicky. I ended up getting its bigger version - the Freehand as I have bigger hands that required a bit more real estate on the tool especially for extended use.  I'm happy for you with these 2 new exciting additions to your loadout. Let us know how the flik works for yah! Cheers!

Sent from my Cruize W280 using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #127 on: September 14, 2014, 01:56:46 AM

I bet you would enjoy it.  Ir's a great fiddle factor MT :). I know what you mean though.  It's hard to try to choose items to possibly trade/sell.
It really is hard to choose!  I've only ever gotten rid of three tools.  Two Juices as I was tired of getting bit, and a Cybertool Lite.  The Cybertool was a great SAK, but I had no attachment to it, and I knew I'd never carry or use it.

I might have to look at what I have again and let the logical part of my brain pick something that I could possibly trade for one.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #128 on: September 14, 2014, 04:40:51 AM
Hey Gabriel buddy :D  I've been enjoying my MP400.  The flicky pliers are fun, and the tools have served me just fine so far in my limited use.  As you said, it's no Rebar, especially in versatility.  However, I typically don't require much in my daily life, and most of that is covered by my Rogueneer. 

I'm excited to get my Flik, and it should arrive tomorrow morning.  I'll post my thoughts on that one after I've fiddled with it.  Do you have a Flik?  I would likely assume you do based on some of the hauls you've had in the past, and the fact you seem to be a Gerber fan ;)

Haha! Fun is the magic word...and speed. Man they sure deploy fast.

Yes I have a Gerber flik. I like it a lot. Especially since the tools are accessible from the outside even if it's a flicky. I ended up getting its bigger version - the Freehand as I have bigger hands that required a bit more real estate on the tool especially for extended use.  I'm happy for you with these 2 new exciting additions to your loadout. Let us know how the flik works for yah! Cheers!

Sent from my Cruize W280 using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy, and I'm loving the Flik so far :D 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #129 on: September 19, 2014, 03:01:07 AM
 >:D
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club