Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox forever!

cbl51 · 12198 · 656183

ca Offline philodemus

Re: Alox forever!
Reply #2460 on: August 27, 2015, 05:35:17 AM
Ramblers

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2461 on: August 27, 2015, 05:41:27 AM
:D  Nice!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2462 on: August 27, 2015, 06:19:00 AM

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2463 on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:57 AM

0.8201.L15 Steel Blue  ;)
Hi there. I'm new to my fascination with Alox SAKs so bear with me. Have been stuck on Leathermans a while.
Anyway.... Wondering where one can source these knives in the US. Love that blue one!

Sent from my Note 4

That is the 2015 limited edition. A lot depends where you are,but find your local Victorinox Store. Well worth taking a peak on Amazon,maybe SMKW too.

For anything fun Swiss,click onto EDCSorce,and have a look at our own felinevet.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline murrydan

Reply #2464 on: August 29, 2015, 06:26:35 AM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2465 on: August 29, 2015, 06:55:01 AM
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #2467 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:35 PM

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #2469 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:39 AM
Just a heads up for alox fans. There are 3 new alox colours available at swissbianco website... All black, All red, lavender with red shield,for various popular models like farmer, soldier, harvester etc..

IMHO, this latest batch of alox is not as exciting as previous batches because technically, they are of the same old colours with slight changes. The ones that I think I might buy are the "all black" electrician with keyring and the lavender solo.

What are your thoughts?

us Offline Original_Copy

Reply #2470 on: September 01, 2015, 11:18:26 AM
Just a heads up for alox fans. There are 3 new alox colours available at swissbianco website... All black, All red, lavender with red shield,for various popular models like farmer, soldier, harvester etc..

IMHO, this latest batch of alox is not as exciting as previous batches because technically, they are of the same old colours with slight changes. The ones that I think I might buy are the "all black" electrician with keyring and the lavender solo.

What are your thoughts?

I see they all have the blade etched "Swiss Bianco".  I wonder how many of each color/model were produced?

us Offline Halberdier

Reply #2471 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:41 PM

What are your thoughts?

I missed out on the last batch of Summer Lavender Cadets, so for me this is a good heads up. I agree that the rest are not exciting.

I complained that I had no hat, until I met a man who had no head.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2472 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:56 PM

What are your thoughts?

I see they all have the blade etched "Swiss Bianco".  I wonder how many of each color/model were produced?

Reminds me of the scarce 2010 Black Farmer (65 released)...

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

00 Offline rebel

• A country boy can survive
Reply #2473 on: September 01, 2015, 03:34:49 PM
"Now for something completely different...."

(Image removed from quote.)
How'd that happen ???

I'll tell you how it happened. A knife blade is the worst, most expensive screwdriver you own  ;) :( ??? :facepalm:
We say Grace, we say ma'am
If you ain't into that we don't give a damn...
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2474 on: September 01, 2015, 05:01:32 PM
"Now for something completely different...."

(Image removed from quote.)
How'd that happen ???

I'll tell you how it happened. A knife blade is the worst, most expensive screwdriver you own  ;) :( ??? :facepalm:

+ 1 It was given to me. I haven't broke a blade tip since 1970. That made a huge impression on a 10 year old.

What I can't figure out is how stupid you have to be to break a blade on a knife with 2 sturdy screwdrivers and a awl.... ??? ??? ???  Those tools appear completely unused on that knife.   :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2475 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:45 PM
Some people truly are idiots  ::)

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline philodemus

Reply #2476 on: September 02, 2015, 01:45:36 AM
A Woodsman Trio

00 Offline rebel

Reply #2477 on: September 02, 2015, 11:13:56 AM
+ 1 It was given to me. I haven't broke a blade tip since 1970. That made a huge impression on a 10 year old.
What I can't figure out is how stupid you have to be to break a blade on a knife with 2 sturdy screwdrivers and a awl.... ??? ??? ???  Those tools appear completely unused on that knife.   :facepalm:

That's hilarious, I didn't even think of that. Maybe the poor guy was used to regular pocket knives and didn't even realize he had screwdrivers!

The thing I can't figure out is why they put corkscrews on SAKs. I've broken regular lever corkscrews pulling corks, I can't imagine you could use such a small one with no leverage. That has to be the most useless tool ever on a pocket knife...
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #2478 on: September 02, 2015, 12:14:09 PM
The thing I can't figure out is why they put corkscrews on SAKs. I've broken regular lever corkscrews pulling corks, I can't imagine you could use such a small one with no leverage. That has to be the most useless tool ever on a pocket knife...

I've never broken a corkscrew, but I have broken corks with SAK and similar corkscrews because they're too short.
It seems to be less of a problem now that the compressed granule type corks are more common, as they don't have the cracks or weak points that you sometimes get in natural corks.

00 Offline rebel

Reply #2479 on: September 02, 2015, 04:55:22 PM
The wine I buy still has real corks but a lot of them are cheap so I know what you're talking about having a corkscrew pull chunks of corks. The wine industry seems to need an overhaul in this area.

The feeling of a corkscrew stripping out inside a cork is sometimes as bad as a wrench or screwdriver stripping threads. You can usually drill out whatever bolt or screw you stripped although it may not be easy. Reaming a wine bottle is not so practical and then you get to spit cork bites for the rest of the bottle...
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2480 on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:26 AM
The Alox Inspector.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2481 on: September 03, 2015, 07:54:05 AM
..that is how they start.. sniffing a bit of cheap alox and then they get hooked into the more expensive limited edition coloured ones...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #2482 on: September 03, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
..that is how they start.. sniffing a bit of cheap alox and then they get hooked into the more expensive limited edition coloured ones...

I bet the first time is free too :D
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2483 on: September 03, 2015, 10:24:17 AM
 :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline kilowatt

Reply #2484 on: September 03, 2015, 02:56:57 PM
The wine I buy still has real corks but a lot of them are cheap so I know what you're talking about having a corkscrew pull chunks of corks. The wine industry seems to need an overhaul in this area.

The feeling of a corkscrew stripping out inside a cork is sometimes as bad as a wrench or screwdriver stripping threads. You can usually drill out whatever bolt or screw you stripped although it may not be easy. Reaming a wine bottle is not so practical and then you get to spit cork bites for the rest of the bottle...

Which is why I keep a number of these types of openers around in case the cork is damaged when using a corkscrew.

00 Offline rebel

Reply #2485 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
How does that work?
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

us Offline kilowatt

Reply #2486 on: September 04, 2015, 01:29:52 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words. The only caution is to avoid pushing the cork into the bottle when inserting the opener which is not an issue if one slowly wiggles the prongs into place between the cork and bottle.

00 Offline rebel

Reply #2487 on: September 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM
I didn't see the angle on the forks before. I guess it is supposed to catch the inside neck of the bottle. I don't know if that would work 100% of the time. If you have had any luck with it they are probably worth keeping around for a bad cork day.  :oops:
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #2488 on: September 04, 2015, 04:15:51 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words. The only caution is to avoid pushing the cork into the bottle when inserting the opener which is not an issue if one slowly wiggles the prongs into place between the cork and bottle.

That looks pretty good.  I've never seen that style before.  Does it have a specific name that's googleable?

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2489 on: September 04, 2015, 04:23:07 PM
Does it have a specific name that's googleable?

Ah So Cork Puller.  ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD