Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm so depressed

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
I'm so depressed
on: August 07, 2014, 06:22:52 AM
Today, someone on one of those Facebook yard sale pages posted A TON of knives, tomahawks and MTs for sale. Included were 4 Gerber MP600s, three BO and one stainless - she was asking for $15 for ALL 4 of them. I don't know exactly what variant they were, but they all were needlenose with carbide cutter inserts. One at that price would have been a steal, but all 4?  :o

I really want an MP600 but I am having to restrain myself from paying what they usually cost. So I am waiting for awesome deals to pop up here and there. When I saw this, a beam of light from Heaven shone upon me, and a choir of Angels began singing.

However, by the time I saw it, someone already had dibs on them. I was second in line in case the deal fell through but alas, it did not.

My heart hurts
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: I'm so depressed
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:11:05 AM
I know how you feel. I have had a few situations where I found incredible deals on Craigslist and I jumped on the deal. We make plans to meet and everything and the guy backs out last minute making up some obviously fake excuse.  :poh:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: I'm so depressed
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:48:09 PM
Craig's List has been very kind to me. I have a guy that I buy Style CS's from for $5 on a semi regular basis.  I also bought a Crunch from him for $30. But for every one of my good deals I've also missed out on deals.  Most recently there was a $15 Wave posted.  By the time I responded the seller was no longer responding. <sigh>
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%