Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Benchmadeitis may have struck me

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Benchmadeitis may have struck me
on: August 12, 2014, 07:25:47 PM
I got my Ganzo a Benchmade Rift copy and fell in love with it.  The "axis" locks took a bit to adjust to since I mostly have liner lock knives.  The action is very smooth so it got me wondering.  If this copy is this nice then how would a Benchmade feel  :think:

I had looked at the 940 Osborne off and on for a bit but the cost is no where near what I'd like to spend.  Then I discovered the 940 and 940-1 and jeez my interest has piqued.  I have put off getting either as again the cost is out of my price range.  I'm a fleamarket kinda guy who loves getting a bargain so $180 on a knife  :o

I caught this ( see pic ) and then moments later whooosh GONE, it was back up to $160. 

Anyone got either of these and could tell me they are trash and stay away  ;)
IMG_4545.jpg
* IMG_4545.jpg (Filesize: 22.73 KB)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:28:53 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: Benchmadeitis may have struck me
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:16 PM
Welcome to Benchmadeitis.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59:58 PM
As if I needed another affliction  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:44 AM
Oopps in my excitement I made a mistake.  I meant to say I also discovered the 470 and 470-1 and really this knife as well. 

Thanks Kam for the suggestion  :tu: this looks like a great knife and at a much friendlier price.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Flying Dutchman

Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 04:56:49 AM
You and I have a similar background with Benchmade. I also was looking intently at the 940 and 470, when I came upon a 470 Emissary (the older silver model) on that same website for....no joke....$70 shipped. You bet I spent money I shouldn't have to snag that!

Soon after receiving this knife, I knew I wanted more. I then purchased an Osborne 940 to carry at work, carried it for almost 2 years. When my job put me back in the office, I opted for a smaller blade. I could have gone back to the 470 Emissary, but that is not how I roll...so I got a McHenry & Williams 707 Sequel.

I really like my Benchmades.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 05:01:35 AM
You and I have a similar background with Benchmade. I also was looking intently at the 940 and 470, when I came upon a 470 Emissary (the older silver model) on that same website for....no joke....$70 shipped. You bet I spent money I shouldn't have to snag that!

Soon after receiving this knife, I knew I wanted more. I then purchased an Osborne 940 to carry at work, carried it for almost 2 years. When my job put me back in the office, I opted for a smaller blade. I could have gone back to the 470 Emissary, but that is not how I roll...so I got a McHenry & Williams 707 Sequel.

I really like my Benchmades.

WHAT A GREAT SCORE  :tu:.  The 707 is another one I really like, you we have great taste. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline collim1

Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:39 PM
If you don't want to spend the money the Griptillian is a great little knife for the money and can be found under $100.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 04:28:47 AM
If you don't want to spend the money the Griptillian is a great little knife for the money and can be found under $100.

I'm sure down the road I'll eventually get one ( Griptillion ) but for now I'm not really digging it.  I have made it my plan to sell off many things I had in storage and raise the funds.  I know with some patience I'll find a deal.  Thanks for your suggestion I appreciate it, I'm sure I'll end up with a Griptillion eventually. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD