Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

firearms

ducttapetech · 3118 · 155639

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Re: firearms
Reply #900 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:18 AM
I have shared some of my guns on other threads, but here should be the right place.

My Smith and Wesson 042

Star Model BS - ex Army Issue

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #901 on: April 01, 2015, 05:59:44 PM
Good stuff!!!!  What kind of grip is on that Smith and do  you like it?
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #902 on: April 01, 2015, 06:56:18 PM
Allow me to chime in with large caliber gun, 85mm on T-35/85.
German halftracks were like cardboard boxes.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #903 on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:22 AM
I like to shoot I get out as much as I can at the range or my Nephews ranch. Twenty years a go I started hand loading my own ammo and have never looked back. Most factory ammo is loaded for speed. It doesn't take long before you are shooting much smaller groups with ammo you tuned to shoot in your gun.  Here in the US we had a ammo shortage a few years back reloading supply's were also hard to come by. I have been casting my own round balls for my black powder guns. So I started collecting molds for my rifles and hand guns. Now all I pretty much shoot is cast bullets. You can load all most any rifle with a few grains of fast pistol powder and the cost is about 7 cents a round. They shoot very quite and have no recoil in fact my AK 47 sounds suppressed. Here is a pic one of my hand gun kits it's about everything you need to load a 357/38SP. I have kits like for 45ACP, 45 Colt, M95 Nagant Gas seal  ammo, 54R and X39.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #904 on: April 02, 2015, 01:18:14 AM
I like to shoot I get out as much as I can at the range or my Nephews ranch. Twenty years a go I started hand loading my own ammo and have never looked back. Most factory ammo is loaded for speed. It doesn't take long before you are shooting much smaller groups with ammo you tuned to shoot in your gun.  Here in the US we had a ammo shortage a few years back reloading supply's were also hard to come by. I have been casting my own round balls for my black powder guns. So I started collecting molds for my rifles and hand guns. Now all I pretty much shoot is cast bullets. You can load all most any rifle with a few grains of fast pistol powder and the cost is about 7 cents a round. They shoot very quite and have no recoil in fact my AK 47 sounds suppressed. Here is a pic one of my hand gun kits it's about everything you need to load a 357/38SP. I have kits like for 45ACP, 45 Colt, M95 Nagant Gas seal  ammo, 54R and X39. (Image removed from quote.)

A 4" GP100?  I like that model.  :tu:
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

us Offline BASguy

Reply #905 on: April 02, 2015, 02:22:08 AM

I like to shoot I get out as much as I can at the range or my Nephews ranch. Twenty years a go I started hand loading my own ammo and have never looked back. Most factory ammo is loaded for speed. It doesn't take long before you are shooting much smaller groups with ammo you tuned to shoot in your gun.  Here in the US we had a ammo shortage a few years back reloading supply's were also hard to come by. I have been casting my own round balls for my black powder guns. So I started collecting molds for my rifles and hand guns. Now all I pretty much shoot is cast bullets. You can load all most any rifle with a few grains of fast pistol powder and the cost is about 7 cents a round. They shoot very quite and have no recoil in fact my AK 47 sounds suppressed. Here is a pic one of my hand gun kits it's about everything you need to load a 357/38SP. I have kits like for 45ACP, 45 Colt, M95 Nagant Gas seal  ammo, 54R and X39. (Image removed from quote.)

A 4" GP100?  I like that model.  :tu:

That's my problem, reloads got so cheap that I literally had half of one of the garages filled with ammo.  Ridiculous....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #906 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:24 AM
I think down the road, I may get on-board with re-loading.

Every Wednesday, the club has a feast for 15 dollars. It is a way to socialize and make some money for the club. Well tonight, I had Italian sausages, deer venison steaks, salad, and the best blueberry cheese Pie with a heaping side of marble ice cream.  :drool:

Best part, I now have everything I need to transport my restricted handguns to the range.  :cheers:

I am also signed and paid up for the Black Badge course next month. Looks like I have everything i need to get going....finally.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #907 on: April 02, 2015, 03:18:17 AM
Congrats!!!!! :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #908 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:48 AM

Star Model BS - ex Army Issue

Lovely. :tu:  9mm Largo?  We had a Destroyer carbine for a long time, basically a miniturized M93 Mauser chambered for 9mm Largo (or Bergmann-Bayard, if you want the correct name for the round ;)  ).  They were used for many years by Spanish police.  Neat little rifle.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #909 on: April 02, 2015, 04:24:35 AM
I think down the road, I may get on-board with re-loading.

Every Wednesday, the club has a feast for 15 dollars. It is a way to socialize and make some money for the club. Well tonight, I had Italian sausages, deer venison steaks, salad, and the best blueberry cheese Pie with a heaping side of marble ice cream.  :drool:

Best part, I now have everything I need to transport my restricted handguns to the range.  :cheers:

I am also signed and paid up for the Black Badge course next month. Looks like I have everything i need to get going....finally.

Excellent news bud!  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #910 on: April 02, 2015, 04:50:14 AM

I so very much want to get started reloading.

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #911 on: April 02, 2015, 07:16:11 AM

Its a Hogue Bantam and I prefer the simple Uncle Mikes boot grip over it. I have the boot grip on one of my EDC guns, an old Model 38 Airweight.
The Model 042 came from the factory with the oversize Uncle Mikes "combat" grips.

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #912 on: April 02, 2015, 07:36:09 AM

Lovely. :tu:  9mm Largo?  We had a Destroyer carbine for a long time, basically a miniturized M93 Mauser chambered for 9mm Largo (or Bergmann-Bayard, if you want the correct name for the round ;)  ).  They were used for many years by Spanish police.  Neat little rifle.

9mm Para.
I really think they were designed for the Largo and adapted for 9mmP, hence the reliability issues.
Star Model BS , the S= magazine safety.
I have mine shooting ball quite reliably but some of the ones I shot in the army could not get a full magazine off without jamming. Magazines had to be perfect etc.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #913 on: April 02, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
Its a Hogue Bantam and I prefer the simple Uncle Mikes boot grip over it. I have the boot grip on one of my EDC guns, an old Model 38 Airweight.
The Model 042 came from the factory with the oversize Uncle Mikes "combat" grips.

I see a pattern here.

Ruger LCR 357 Magnum with 3" Hogue grip.

WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #914 on: April 02, 2015, 06:22:37 PM

Thank you!!  Arthritis has settled into my middle finger, middle joint and my J frame service grips hurt to hold tight. I'm looking for a new grip or a Tyler T-Grip to fix it.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #915 on: April 02, 2015, 09:08:59 PM
Not that big fan of handguns - I like long guns better. Rifles and shotguns are mine. I like the beautiful wooden stocks and a good blued steel barrel.
I prefer the old ones like lever action guns, double barrel shotguns or bolt actiohttp://forum.multitool.org/Smileys/default/cheers.gifn rifles. Not that fan of semiautos like AR-15  :pok:

My Rossi M92 octagon barrel in .357Mag with my grail knife (Queen DB Barlow)

I´m almost saving my bucks for a Swedish Mauser or a K98 or a Lee Enfield or a....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:10:43 PM by Humppa »
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #916 on: April 02, 2015, 11:17:27 PM
Great photo mate. :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #917 on: April 03, 2015, 12:53:54 AM
Beautiful gear Andi!!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #918 on: April 03, 2015, 01:05:47 AM
My infantry squad in reenactment battle.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #919 on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:11 AM
Awesome picture.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline BASguy

Reply #920 on: April 03, 2015, 03:29:33 AM

Not that big fan of handguns - I like long guns better. Rifles and shotguns are mine. I like the beautiful wooden stocks and a good blued steel barrel.
I prefer the old ones like lever action guns, double barrel shotguns or bolt actiohttp://forum.multitool.org/Smileys/default/cheers.gifn rifles. Not that fan of semiautos like AR-15  :pok:

I´m almost saving my bucks for a Swedish Mauser or a K98 or a Lee Enfield or a....
Very nice setup.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #921 on: April 03, 2015, 03:55:42 AM

:D Honestly I couldn't agree more.  I say get a Lee-Enfield first, a nice SMLE No. 1 Mk III.  With a bit of practice you can empty one in under 10 seconds.  Look up "Lee Enfield Mad Minute" on Youtube.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #922 on: April 03, 2015, 09:38:20 PM
I just got back from the range...and yes, I am hooked on handguns. This being the first time I was able to take them to the range and use them.

Having shot my friends. .40 caliber Glock, I am very happy I bought the 9 mm. I found the recoil to be far less. With that said, I shot around 100 rounds of 9 mm. The first 50, I was always shooting low. With the help of my friend, I figured out what I was doing wrong, and most of that was with the trigger. Once I figured out I was supposed to take up the slack and then shoot, my aiming became a lot better. Nothing great yet, but there was a big improvement. He shot the M&P and he quickly told me my trigger action was one of the nicest he has tried on the M&P. I Couldn't tell, as I was hung up on the various stages of the trigger for a while today...but I will take his word for it.

I also packed along my two .22 LR handguns. The Cimmeron Plinkerton...well what can I say other than I liked it a lot. I loved the simplicity of having a single action revolver. This gun was very accurate. The simplistic trigger and low recoil improved my grouping and aim considerably compared to the 9 mm M&P. It also feels great in the hand, being of all metal construction. If anyone is looking for a cheap single action Army style revolver, you can't go far wrong with the Cimmeron in .22 LR. I think they call this a gateway gun.

Along with the Plinkerton, I was also able to shoot my Browning Buck Mark Hunter. Both my .22 LR handguns feel a lot more substantial and solid compared to my half polymer M&P. The Buck Mark is another dream to shoot pistol. I wasn't sure if I liked the simplicity and feel of the Plinkerton or the semi-automatic Buck Mark more. I figured I enjoyed them equally. I can see a long day at the range with either one and a box or two of .22 LR ammunition. I think that would be a great way to relax and enjoy oneself.

Along with my M&P, I also brought alone the Hi-Point 995TS. What surprised me about this carbine, was how much more velocity the longer barrel gave the rounds above those of the handgun. It was very noticeable. I have no regrets buying the Hi-Point, even after finding out I will be restricted to only 5 rounds in Canada. The price is right, and shooting it was a lot of fun. I only sent about 15 rounds downrange...as I wanted to focus my time on the M&P, as the Black Badge course is coming quick on the first weekend of May.

Here are a few down range shots in the particular shooting lane we were using.

Here is a shot towards the club house from the shooting lane we were using.

And here we are set up at the shooting range hut.

My club has 4 to 5 different shooting lanes, each with a hut. We have one longer range for rifles and 3 to 4 smaller lanes like the one pictured above. One of the lanes has a 90 degree dog leg at the end that allows them to build portable walls and stuff for IPSC competitions. I also hear that the police like to build take down structures for training purposes there as well.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:41:04 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #923 on: April 03, 2015, 09:49:58 PM
Congrats and glad you got to the range!!!! Nice gear shots!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #924 on: April 03, 2015, 10:18:25 PM
Sounds like a awesome day! I'm glad you enjoyed shooting all your firearms. You mentioned taking a box of .22 out and relaxing. That is what I used to do when I was shooting regularly. I would take a box of 500 .22lr and just hang out and chat with the guys. Shoot a little. Tell stories and joke around. Shoot some more and just enjoy the day. Sometimes I would shoot by myself which is also extremely relaxing and just really focus on my trigger control and the like.

Your friend is correct on taking up the slack in the trigger before firing. Every trigger is different so you will have to get used to whatever you are firing, but the concept is the same no matter what you are shooting.

I love shooting single action .22's. Once cocked they normally have a very light trigger with no creep at all. I am more accurate with a .22 single action than any other hand gun.

Keep up the good shooting and get as much practice as you can. Sounds like you already appreciate the joy of the shooting sports and it only gets better from here.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #925 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:38 AM
Great range report Chaks.

You talked about trigger issues and a pre ignition push. Perfectly normal and super easy to fix with dry fire and mixing in some dud rounds to your mags at the range.

Wont be long at all and you will be tearing up some targets like a pro.

We used the M&P when I was a police officer and while it is not the best trigger it's very consistent. Look forward to some IPSC competition reports.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #926 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:47 PM
I see this post is back on track.

It evolved from firearms to air guns,then to bows and then slingshots.I was concerned the next time I viewed this thread members would posting about rock throwing.LOL
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #927 on: April 04, 2015, 07:14:52 PM

It evolved from firearms to air guns,then to bows and then slingshots.I was concerned the next time I viewed this thread members would posting about rock throwing.LOL

There were more documented wounds from thrown rocks than bayonets during the Franco-Prussian War, and also authenticated accounts of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg being met with rocks as what was left of the assault force reached The Angle.  Just sayin'.......  ::)

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #928 on: April 04, 2015, 07:21:05 PM

There were more documented wounds from thrown rocks than bayonets during the Franco-Prussian War, and also authenticated accounts of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg being met with rocks as what was left of the assault force reached The Angle.  Just sayin'.......  ::)

I am pretty sure JD has forgotten more about old wars and guns them the rest of us know.

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #929 on: April 04, 2015, 09:08:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words, fellows. :) Much appreciated!

Maybe I should take a pic of my .22lr Marlin lever action rifle in combination with a nice SAK  :salute:
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21