Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maxpedition Bravo Wallet?

N_N_R · 30 · 7850

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Maxpedition Bravo Wallet?
on: August 23, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Has anyone tried these yet? I just saw they've been imported in my country, so I'm wondering if not to treat myself with one if I have any free cash at the end of the month...  :whistle:

It seems Maxpedition finally made a wallet-like wallet without velcro.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/BRAVO-RFID-BLOCKING-WALLET-p4129.htm

:think:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Maxpedition Bravo Wallet?
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
I thought you just got the leather saddleback ones, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

I got them... in January/February this year :D In addition to everything, I'm also a wallet freak  :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:39 PM

I got them... in January/February this year :D In addition to everything, I'm also a wallet freak  :facepalm:
I guess so, mine still haven't broken in, needless to say I don't think I'll need another one, lol JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:05:25 PM
Yeah :D I 'm not bored with them yet :D I just... tend to carry too much cash or maybe not even too much but just too many bills. And I love tiny wallets, but sometimes it's just too tiny. I manage to cram evrything in tthe credit card wallet and the ID wallet, but it's a pain to take out and pay for something. And sometimes I just need more pockets and carry more cards at some periods of the month... so.. yeah. I had the Maxped CMC, but sold it...... it was too huge for me. This one now doesn't seem too small, but it's not that thick, has just one bill compartment, it seems... so it should be fairly thin and... regular looking/feeling.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:17:09 PM
True, I carry that credit one along with the other, all important stuff up front in the credit, and all of the junk in the other in the back, and I must agree that credit one is small, not to many bills fit in that slot(not that I ever get many) but that other wallet holds a LOT! JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 11:24:51 AM
Okay, I couldn't resist the temptation  :facepalm:

It's what I expected - a fairly big FOR ME wallet, because it's a regular bi-fold, but ti's very think because it's nylon and has only one cash compartment.

No annoying velcro, no coin pouch for additional bulk.

Finally a more normal-looking wallet by Maxpedition :D So far they've been either too huge or too small :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:22 PM
Looks nice and simple.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 01:51:38 PM
Yes, it is :) Here's a "review" I wrote for Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2H0HQYKOT7WA6

gb Offline Man in the Moon

Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 03:38:46 PM
Yes, it is :) Here's a "review" I wrote for Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2H0HQYKOT7WA6

Did you review this wallet on youtube ? I've tried to find the review again, but it seems to have disappeared !

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 03:56:06 PM
Hi, I did, but I deleted my YouTube account a few days ago. I still have the video and could try to PM you a download link if you're interested.

Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 05:31:37 PM
Hi - thanks for such a quick response ! - sad that you've decided to end the youtube reviews, I enjoyed watching them, having stumbled across your channel a couple of years ago. I was delighted to find someone who was also interested in wallets, flashlights and multitools !

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:26 PM
...and if you could download the link in question I'd be very grateful - thanks !

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 05:44:08 PM
Hi - thanks for such a quick response ! - sad that you've decided to end the youtube reviews, I enjoyed watching them, having stumbled across your channel a couple of years ago. I was delighted to find someone who was also interested in wallets, flashlights and multitools !

Well, I was very pissed of at the changes that Google kept making on YT. Also, my channel was created some time before Google got YT, I think. So... later with everything going Googlish, I somehow ended up having two google e-mails and a YT account that was.. kinda separate... so when I wanted to use my YT or switch to some of my google accounts it was an endless logging in and out... and eventually, a week or so ago, when there was yet another stupid change on YT and I couldn't find my Favourites for like 10 minutes, I decided to end the google torment, remove the channel, spare myself the constant logging in and out, being asked for phone, being asked for that and basically feeling like being forbidden or told what to do and how to do it. I know it sounds weird and silly maybe, but there's nothing I hate more than Google's ... stuff and complications. I couldn't changed even the stupid banner they forced on us/me because.......... it required some special size or crap like that. I couldn't ut a proper background or customize my channel. Or maybe later it's been possible, just as most normal people have busy lives, I didn't have time to dig the constantly changing settings, anyway.

Here's the download link for the Bravo wallet :) I hope you can download it
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=57ade9ac90

You have to tick/select the file and then click the huge green button :D

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 05:54:14 PM
Got it  - I think, thank you very much !!

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 06:07:01 PM
Oh and sorry YT didn't work out for you...as I said, I really did enjoy your reviews - I seem to remember a review for the Maxpedition Pygmy falcon II which was very entertaining (it was the one with you pulling the cans of peas out of the rucksack- it made a nice change from watching someone attempting and failing to stuff a dead moose & 200 rounds of ammuntion into a too-small bag).

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:31:46 PM
Oh and sorry YT didn't work out for you...as I said, I really did enjoy your reviews - I seem to remember a review for the Maxpedition Pygmy falcon II which was very entertaining (it was the one with you pulling the cans of peas out of the rucksack- it made a nice change from watching someone attempting and failing to stuff a dead moose & 200 rounds of ammuntion into a too-small bag).

Loool, thanks :D Yeah, all the ... I think 11 cans of peas were mine

Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 07:04:42 PM
Did this wallet actually work out OK for you in the end ? - In your review you didn't sound that enthusiastic.  Every time I buy a Maxpedition wallet it's a triumph of optimism over experience since none of them quite "work" - card slots too deep or too shallow, not enough card slots, too much velcro, reflective I.D. windows that won't hold an I.D. card unless you stuff 5 or 6 cards underneath & banknote compartments that are either huge or too small.   

The sad fact seems to be that I'm easily seduced by the build-quality and range of colours.  I can't seem to escape my own stupidity or learn from my experience.  I'm sitting here staring at  my latest purchase the Maxpedition "Encore" in OD green - a nice concept ruined by an I.D. window that isn't quite deep enough & a bill slot that is about 5mm too short.  What would you advise ?

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:37 PM
Lol. You can't imagine how right you are. I sold the wallet after a week back then. Well, my main reason to sell it was that it was eventually too big for me. I'm used to smaller wallets :D But overall, you're right about what you said: the ID window was too huge and... you can't even put the cards there "on different levels", so to speak, because they all keep sliding to the middle and stack on top of each other. If you keep one card there... same, you see lots of nylon around the card... which I dislike. Looked like a badly made kids' wallet.

The credit card slots were more or less ok, but my cards didn't quite feel okay there. I can't even say what I disliked.

Also, because it is really thin, which is an advantage, the ... back part of the wallet / the outside of the wallet / the back of the cash compartment feels kinda soft... and when you open it, it feels weird - hard inside part (ID window, card slots) and soft and un-secure back.

But again, not bad, because it's quite cheap in comparison to the other Maxpedition wallets. There is no annoying velcro. And it is a typical... normal, regular wallet design. No weird Maxpedition design. It was just too big for me .

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 03:37:08 PM
Have you tried any of the offerings made by Big Skinny?  They're mostly well-made,  though the one I primarily use has been getting some decent wear to out over the past for our so years I've carried out.  It didn't stop me from getting another five as eventual replacements though (most of the few things I end up liking end up being discontinued which makes me stock up when an opportunity presents itself.

Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 02:39:50 PM
Always a good idea to stock up on something you really like !  I'm still trying to prevent myself from buying yet another Maxpedition wallet - it's reached the stage where I can convince myself that I haven't actually "wasted" my money on something that I know won't work providing it didn't cost too much in the first place, combined with the pathetic delusion that a bad purchase might work properly if only it were in a different colour !  - a sad combination of self-deception and mindless optimism....

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:20 PM
@Sazabi, some time ago I did consider BigSkinny....but it's nylon and doesn't (I think) hold the cards well, maybe (judging by Maxpedition). Also, I don't think I found some ... acceptable shipping prices to my country. Also, I've seen people's BigSkinnies and they are worn out  like hell - maybe you get thin at the cost of ... durability.

@Man in the Moon, yeah, I had the same "problem". buying lots of stuff... but then I usually sell what Idon't need. Thus, from several Maxped. wallets, I have .. just one now.

Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 05:15:35 PM
Which Maxpedition wallet did you decide to keep? the Urban ?

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 06:48:33 PM
Yes, the Urban, because I've been using it as a camera case :D

Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 07:04:31 PM
I tried the Urban - it almost worked as a wallet and I managed to convince myself that I quite liked it,since it could hold something like 16 cards and some banknotes and my driving licence only ever fell out of the ID window two or three times a week.  After it managed to deposit all the cards and cash onto the floor of Starbucks I gave up with Maxpedition.  Then The Encore & Bravo arrived and the whole process seems to be starting again...

Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 06:23:49 PM
....you'd be correct in assuming I'm some sort of idiot. :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #26 on: November 08, 2014, 07:12:33 PM
The Urban was the first one I liked by Maxpedition - if you don't put lots of stuff in it, it could get nearly the size of the Micro. And yet you have the capability to cram it full of stuff :D The Micro later proved too small for me... though now I'm pretty happy with my SBL CC Wallets. Maybe I just had to learn how to keep cash in them.

Offline bluegear

• New User
Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 04:34:00 AM
I saw your review. Would you still recommend purchasing the maxpedition bravo wallet or is it flawed? Does the cards fall out?

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:28 AM
I saw your review. Would you still recommend purchasing the maxpedition bravo wallet or is it flawed? Does the cards fall out?

Hi, I personally didn't like it and sold it the first week. But the guy to whom I sold it still carries it happily to my knowledge. I just have a weird taste in wallets :D

The cards didn't fall out, but the huge ID window is just too huge for me and that's where the card(s) constantly moved up and down. I think it's okay as a wallet if you aren't too picky. I thought I'd like it and I did like it initially. Just.... again, it's me, I prefer smaller wallets.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 03:12:08 PM

Hi, I personally didn't like it and sold it the first week. But the guy to whom I sold it still carries it happily to my knowledge. I just have a weird taste in wallets :D

The cards didn't fall out, but the huge ID window is just too huge for me and that's where the card(s) constantly moved up and down. I think it's okay as a wallet if you aren't too picky. I thought I'd like it and I did like it initially. Just.... again, it's me, I prefer smaller wallets.

The last few years, I've moved to a small leather card wallet.  Just large enough to carry 8 or 10 cards and ID.  I keep my money (paper bills) in a cheap but effective binder clip.  I could probably make use of a Victorinox money clip, but I'd rather carry the MiniChamp with the retractable pen for now.
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44