Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Detron is a apparently a Chatty-Cathy

detron · 114 · 4893

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
[CLOSED] Detron is a apparently a Chatty-Cathy
on: August 25, 2014, 01:27:17 AM
Welcome to the secret celebration,  if you are reading this, then you opened this thread out of curiosity of the content, and not because it is a give-away.
as you can see, I am heading for the Absolutely No Life Club, and will probably be there is 2 or 3 weeks.

so this is the thread that will be my ANLC Give-Away.

I am So lucky to have found MTO and the top-notch collection of kind-hearted people that I have ever had the privileged to meet.

so what is being given away?  well, the winner can choose one of the following

NIB Silver ALOX Pioneer  /  NIB Silver ALOX Electrician  /  NIB Silver ALOX Farmer  /  NIB Silver ALOX Cadet
NIB Red Climber II  /  NIB Red Super Tinker
$25 Donation to MTO for the SEPTEMBER prize
$25 Skinth Gift Card

to enter, you just have to point out something that shows how great the people here are.  (like   JOHN DOE gifted me a _____,   SALLY really helped me understand_____,  SO-and-SO bought _____ for me and shipped it internationally, etc, etc.
NO SELF VOTING!!  has to be what someone ELSE did   :facepalm:   

lets use the standard numbering entries  001 - 999   please copy the entire list.
Open to members World-wide that that have over 250 posts (or are a Charter member  :tu: )

I will announce the winner in early September (no later than the 7th)

so  here is the template to use

000 - Detron

A special member here just gave me an amazing gift, his friendship,  he also sent me a very nice gift.  the only reason I am not giving more info, is I want to do it properly, including pictures.  I will add that info here once I get the item and can do a write-up about it.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:03:36 PM by enki_ck »
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline detron

Re: Detron is a apparently a Chatty-Cathy
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:32:55 AM
I should point out that the item will be bought once the winner is selected,  I do not have these in my collection. 

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:34:31 AM
So, just to make sure... Does it have to be something that a specific individual did for the person entering, or could it be something we've witnessed happen to another member on the forum?

us Offline detron

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:36:21 AM
So, just to make sure... Does it have to be something that a specific individual did for the person entering, or could it be something we've witnessed happen to another member on the forum?

witnessed is just as good.  this GAW might also help inspire others to kindness!   :D    :angel:

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 01:40:34 AM

witnessed is just as good.  this GAW might also help inspire others to kindness!   :D    :angel:

In that case, I got a recent one. :D

068 - Freaver

I was overwhelmed by the amount of help that came to spacemanv, after his SwissChamp had been through the washing machine. Coming on the forum as a brand new member and within a very short amount of time, he'd made a deal with Syph007 for new scales and, as far as I understood, got offered free scales from lowtech. Even though he was a brand new member, people didn't hesitate to help him. That's what I love about this forum. :D

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Detron is a apparently a Chatty-Cathy
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:28 AM
068 - Freaver
059 -Nhoj

When I was new to the forum I was interested in trading my wingman and needed some saks to start modding. Lowtech helped me out being new, and gave me an extra sak in my trade instead of giving me only a scissors spring. I've had many great experiences here since, but that was my first and it gave me a good impression of what was to come.

Thank you Detron!

us Offline detron

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:46:54 AM
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver

When I was new to the forum I was interested in trading my wingman and needed some saks to start modding. Lowtech helped me out being new, and gave me an extra sak in my trade instead of giving me only a scissors spring. I've had many great experiences here since, but that was my first and it gave me a good impression of what was to come.

Thank you Detron!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 01:54:53 AM
Congrats on making your way to the ANLC. I'm sure you will be here soon enough. A very generous offer of a prize as well. I would love to join in on the fun.  :tu:

059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding

What makes the people so great here is just the pure generosity to help even complete strangers or brand new members without any expectation of anything in return. It is night and day compared to every other forum I have ever seen. Makes this place incredible.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:10:13 AM

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding

I'd like to mention Def,for promising I can have a week off from being blamed for everything,albeit in about seventy years time :tu:

Great idea for a giveaway Detron  :salute:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Detron is a apparently a Chatty-Cathy
Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 02:15:43 AM
Oooh id like to join! :)

Someone who would like to remain anonymous gifted me an MP600! :D

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 02:18:50 AM
Oooh is like to join! :)

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr

Smurf that, name the anonymous.  :pok:

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 02:20:52 AM

Oooh is like to join! :)

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr

Smurf that, name the anonymous.  :pok:
I can't... :( It was his wish to be anonymous. Must respect wishes. If he OKs it then I will. :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 02:21:40 AM
Thanks for the kickass giveaway there detronator.  :cheers:

Sazabi sorted me out on short notice and joined forces with Breezy who kindly shared his bulk buy.
But wait, there is more. He then helps another member by combining parcels and saving us postage costs.
Breezy says he is 'just a guy who doesn't mind helping out MTo members'. Maybe mate, but you're also a legend.

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - captain spaulding
333 - mrynnr
777 - zoidberg

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 02:22:55 AM
JAfromMn's real life MT reviews have really re-energized my desire to carry and use MTs.

013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 02:49:05 AM
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg

I have never met more amazing and helpful people than here on this forum.The willingness to help and to share knowledge is unparalleled and makes this the best place on the internet.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 03:23:47 AM
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg

This is a great GAW idea Detron :tu:  This is a tough one because I've been on the receiving end of great generosity from multiple sources, yourself included buddy :salute:  Back a year ago when I was selling a few MTs, Detron was interested in the Charge AL and Wave.  Correct me if I'm inaccurate on any of the details as it was a year ago ;)  He felt my prices were rather generous I believe, and it was also around my birthday, so he sent me a box of 80's toy goodies as a thank you for the transaction.  That was very cool of him :salute: 

I know the requirement was to mention only one example, but I feel I should mention more.  I had mentioned something about modding my Wingman/Sidekick, and Lowtech sent me a pair of scissors out of pure kindness as I didn't ask him or anyone for them.  Capt. Spaulding sent me a keychain knife simply because I mentioned I had nothing on the way in the "What do you have on the way?" thread.  Very kind act.  I hadn't even had much of any interaction with him or Lowtech in these examples, so that just says more about the acts.  This next one wished to remain anonymous, but this member has gifted me a MT on two different occasions, with one of them being a PST with all the features I wanted (pivot out drivers, but with the smaller plier pivot area).  Both of these gifts were very generous :salute:

Just as importantly, if not more so, the atmosphere here and the kind, generous, helpful members and various friendships have been the best gifts of all :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:25 AM

I know the requirement was to mention only one example, but I feel I should mention more.  I had mentioned something about modding my Wingman/Sidekick, and Lowtech sent me a pair of scissors out of pure kindness as I didn't ask him or anyone for them.

what you forgot that others should know is that I bought the Charge AL, then decided I wanted the Wave.  I asked if you would come down on the price since the shipping would be combined.  (I do not remember how much).  You agreed.  the next day I actually started looking at the prices for those on ebay (I was more of a n00b then than I am now), and realized I got a great deal BEFORE the price drop.  I sort of felt guilty, and told Monrogue I would happily pay him back the difference, or give him a transformer.  he chose Transformer, and I sent him a few  :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 04:50:39 AM

I know the requirement was to mention only one example, but I feel I should mention more.  I had mentioned something about modding my Wingman/Sidekick, and Lowtech sent me a pair of scissors out of pure kindness as I didn't ask him or anyone for them.

what you forgot that others should know is that I bought the Charge AL, then decided I wanted the Wave.  I asked if you would come down on the price since the shipping would be combined.  (I do not remember how much).  You agreed.  the next day I actually started looking at the prices for those on ebay (I was more of a n00b then than I am now), and realized I got a great deal BEFORE the price drop.  I sort of felt guilty, and told Monrogue I would happily pay him back the difference, or give him a transformer.  he chose Transformer, and I sent him a few  :D

Ah...your memory is much better than mine ;)  Thanks for clearing that up.  It all came back to me as I read this :salute:  Yeah, Transformers go a long way with me, and you definitely filled up that goodie box with extras :D  It was a great transaction, and I'm glad we got acquainted as a result :cheers:
K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:35 AM
I see all kinds of kindness here at MTO. It is one of the things that make this a great place.
Detron, very nice of you to do a give away and congrats! You are one of the reasons why MTO is a great place.
I will sit this out. Best of luck everyone.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:57 AM
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

Thank you for the amazing GAW detron and gratz on ANL. So many examples of wonderful things by the wonderful people here.

My top pick would be lowtech though...  I contacted him when he gave away those branded scales...
I the end he gave me for free 6 or 7 very nice scales, a Watch Opener, a Bijou (almost free), a Wenger Ranger 51 (for an incredibly low price) and my beloved Mel Ramos Wenger Traveler (at purchase price)... so amazing.

By the way, Thomas, you will be happy to know all are being cherished, almost all scales are now used in nice saks from my collection, the Watch Opener is my go-to tool for opening scales, the Bijou is in my Bug-Out Bag, the Ranger is my main kitchen knife and the Traveller is my edc.

PS: Still thinking about your wonderfull display case too...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
First, I d'like to confirm that Detron is a Chatty-Cathy. His vichyssoise of verbiage may veer most verbose but very valuable.

So, if I have more than one story about generous member, can I enter more than once? ::)
And did I get this right, its the nominated person that wins the price?
There are so many members here that find any reason to hold a GAW (most recently I think it were lowtech 2x, Kampfer, mrynnr :salute:). But I would like to nominate Tofty, who invested a lot of time and resources to make me a sweet, sweet, sweet MT.O-USB-Drive. Thanks Tofty, that USB-Drive is now with me all the time and has the tools of my trade on it. It has also raised a few eye-brows and questions.

003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 09:45:30 AM
Detron, this is a very nice GAW. I feel a bit ashamed being mentioned a few times - I only felt it was right to act like the other members here did.
I have made many good experiences here, with people like Zed,who always has packed some little useful extra and always sends nice personal PMs along a trade or sale, Metro, who made some bluntnose LM heads for me although being knee deep in work. I should not forget Solomon Kane and Scattergun, who surprised me with a very nice tool!  No reason, just because they are great people. And I have kind memories of one of the nicest trades on here that I did with Firiki. He did send me an enormous package of greek goodies. I asked for something typical greek in exchange for a SAK IIRC and received a heavy box with Retsina, wine leaves , sweets and more. I sent some cologne goodies his way and I really like to think about this trade.

So Firiki is my choice. 

003- Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - Firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:43 AM
003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - Firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

Tsk, lowtech, the way you treat that list, I would never nominate you :rofl:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:30 AM
 :think:   Which name goes on the list and who wins the prize?  :think:

003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - captain spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:09:38 AM
:think:   Which name goes on the list and who wins the prize?  :think:

003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - captain spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn
Everybody is a winner (says so on a T-Shirt). Trust MT.O-members to confuse and derail. Complains can be made here

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:13 AM
003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - Firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

What have I done?  :think:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:31 AM
003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
128 - Magentus
226 - captain spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

There is a genuinely supportive atmosphere on this forum, more than any other I frequent.

Michel very kindly sent me several pairs of 84mm scales for my recruit when I put a shout out.  :salute:

Milhouse generously sent me a Bear Grylls mini MT -  :salute:

This is very generous of you Detron.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:36:59 PM by magentus »
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 11:06:57 AM
003 - Tofty
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - Firiki
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

What have I done?  :think:
Spacing on 003!

us Offline detron

Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:44 AM
put YOUR name in the list,  the story is just a story.

maybe another GAW will be to recommend a different person.  but this one is your own name

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 12:37:35 PM
003 - Etherealicer
013 - kirk13
059 - Nhoj
068 - Freaver
226 - Capt. Spaulding
333 - mrynnr
500 - Toolslinger
503 - Monrogue
666 - lowtech
667 - powernoodle
777 - zoidberg
900 - Corwyn

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%